A showdown generally refers to the final battle between two nemeses, in which there can be but one victor, but may also refer to:
Showdown (poker), the final round in a Poker match
Showdown (AFL), a derby match in the Australian Football League
Showdown Ski Areain Montana, United States
* "Showdown" (novel), a novel by actor Errol Flynn
* "Showdown" (2006 novel), a novel by Ted Dekker
The Showdown, the final level in Sonic Spinball
* "Showdown" (Electric Light Orchestra song), a 1973 hit single
* "Showdown" (album), a 1974 compilation album by Electric Light Orchestra
* "Showdown", a Blues album by
Albert Collins, Robert Cray, and Johnny Copeland
The Showdown (band), a Christian Metal band
* "Showdown" (Cheri Dennis song)
* "Showdown", a song by Britney Spears from the album "
In the Zone"
* "Showdown", a song by Boy Kill Boy's from the album "Civilian"
* "The Showdown", a b-side on Dr. Dre's
Forgot about Dresingle. It features Eminem as Dre's fellow gunslinger
* "Showdown" ("The Adventures of Batman & Robin"), a 1995 episode of "Batman: The Animated Series"
* "The Showdown" ("The O.C." episode), a 2005 episode of the teen drama "The O.C."
* "Showdown" ("How I Met Your Mother"), a 2007 episode of the sitcom "How I Met Your Mother"
* "Showdown" (game show), a 1966 game show made by Heatter-Quigley Productions for NBC, hosted by
The Big Showdown", a US game show in the 1970s
* "The Showdown", a 1940
* "The Showdown", a 1950 film starring
* "Showdown" (1973 film), a 1973 film starring
Showdown in Little Tokyo", a 1991 film starring Dolph Lundgren and Brandon Lee
* "Top of the World", a 1997 film also known as "Showdown"
* "Showdown", a 2000 film directed by
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
Showdown — «Showdown» … Википедия
Showdown! — Album par Albert Collins, Robert Cray et Johnny Copeland Sortie 1985 Durée 42:56 Genre Blues Showdown! est un album de blues de Albert Collins, Robert Cray et Johnny Copeland, sorti en … Wikipédia en Français
Showdown — Smn Entscheidungskampf per. Wortschatz fremd. Erkennbar fremd (20. Jh.) Entlehnung. Entlehnt aus ne. showdown, eigentlich das Aufdecken der Karten beim Pokern , einer Zusammensetzung aus ne. show zeigen (Show) und ne. down hinunter, unten (aus ae … Etymologisches Wörterbuch der deutschen sprache
Showdown — Single par Electric Light Orchestra extrait de l’album On the Third Day Face B In Old England Town Sortie octobre 1973 Enregistrement Studios De Lane Lea (Londres) … Wikipédia en Français
Showdown! — is a blues album by Albert Collins, Robert Cray and Johnny Copeland, released in 1985 through Alligator Records.Track listing# T Bone Shuffle (T Bone Walker) – 4:54 # The Moon Is Full (Gwen Collins) – 4:59 # Lion s Den (Copeland) – 3:55 # She s… … Wikipedia
showdown — 1892, from card playing (especially poker), from SHOW (Cf. show) + DOWN (Cf. down). Figurative sense is from 1904 … Etymology dictionary
showdown — [n] confrontation breaking point, clash, climax, crisis, culmination, exposé, moment of truth, unfolding; concepts 388,674 Ant. agreement, peacemaking … New thesaurus
showdown — ► NOUN 1) a final test or confrontation intended to settle a dispute. 2) (in poker or brag) the requirement at the end of a round that the players should show their cards to determine which is the strongest hand … English terms dictionary
showdown — ☆ showdown [shōdoun΄ ] n. Informal 1. Poker the laying down of the cards face up to see who wins 2. any action or confrontation that brings matters to a climax or settles them … English World dictionary
showdown — noun ADJECTIVE ▪ climactic, final ▪ The scene was set for the final showdown. ▪ dramatic, ultimate ▪ long awaited, looming … Collocations dictionary