- Patrick McGrath (psychologist)
Patrick J. McGrath, OC, PhD, FRSC is a
Canadian psychologist. He is professor of psychology at Dalhousie Universityin Halifax, Nova Scotia and at the IWK Health Centre where he co-directs the Pediatric Pain Research Laboratory and is director of the Centre for Family Health Research. He has published extensively in the area of pediatric pain. He also has extensive research on delivery of psychological care at a distance.
He is on the Governing Council of the Canadian Institutes of Health Research and Vice President Research at the IWK Health Centre.
* McGrath, P.J. & Firestone, P. (Eds.). (1983). Pediatric and adolescent behavioral medicine: Issues in treatment. New York: Springer.
* Firestone, P., McGrath, P. & Feldman, W. (Eds.). (1983). Advances in behavioral medicine for children and adolescents. Hillsdale, New Jersey: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
* Feldman, W., Rosser, W. & McGrath, P. (1987). Primary medical care of children and adolescents. Oxford University Press.
* McGrath, P. & Unruh, A. (1987). Pain in children and adolescents. Amsterdam: Elsevier. Published in hardcover and softcover editions.
* Anand, K.J.S. & McGrath, P.J. (Eds.). (1993). Pain in Neonates. Amsterdam: Elsevier. Also available in paperback.
* Finley, G.A. & McGrath, P.J. (Eds.) (1998). Measurement of pain in infants and children. Seattle: IASP Press.
* WHO working group (P.J. McGrath and 21 others). (1998). Cancer Pain Relief and Palliative Care in Children. Geneva, WHO.
* McGrath, P.J. & Finley, G.A. (Eds.) (1999) Chronic and recurrent pain in children and adolescents. Seattle: IASP Press
* Anand, K.J.S., Stevens, B. & McGrath, P.J. (Eds.) (2000). Pain in Neonates, 2nd edition, Amsterdam, Elsevier
* Finley , G.A. & McGrath, P.J. (Eds.) (2001) Acute and procedure pain in infants and children. Seattle, IASP Press.
* McGrath, P.J. & Finley, G.A. (eds.) (2003) Pediatric Pain: Biological and Social Context. Seattle, IASP Press
* Finley GA, McGrath PJ, Chambers CT (eds.).(2006). Bringing Pain Relief to Children. Totowa, NJ: Humana Press.
* Anand, KJS, Stevens B, and McGrath PJ (eds.) (2007) Pain in Neonates and Infants (3rd ed). Elsevier, New York
* [http://pediatric-pain.ca/ Pediatric Pain Research Lab]
* [http://gg.ca/honours/search-recherche/honours-desc.asp?lang=e&TypeID=orc&id=6116 Order of Canada citation]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Patrick McGrath (disambiguation) — Patrick McGrath (pronounced /mә gra:/) can refer to: *Patrick McGrath (born 1950), British novelist *Patrick Joseph McGrath (born 1945), Roman Catholic bishop *Patrick McGrath (psychologist) *Patrick McGrath (Irish politician);See also *Pat… … Wikipedia
McGrath — or MacGrath may refer to: Contents 1 Places 2 People 2.1 Christianity 2 … Wikipedia
Leadership — Leader redirects here. For other uses, see Leader (disambiguation). For other uses, see Leadership (disambiguation). Psychology … Wikipedia
literature — /lit euhr euh cheuhr, choor , li treuh /, n. 1. writings in which expression and form, in connection with ideas of permanent and universal interest, are characteristic or essential features, as poetry, novels, history, biography, and essays. 2.… … Universalium
MacArthur Fellows Program — For the award in the field of ecology, see Robert H. MacArthur Award. The MacArthur Fellows Program or MacArthur Fellowship (nicknamed the Genius Award) is an award given by the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation each year to typically … Wikipedia
Criticism of Christianity — This article is about criticism of the doctrines and practices of Christianity. For negative attitudes towards Christians, see Anti Christian sentiment. For acts committed against Christians because of their faith, see Persecution of Christians.… … Wikipedia
List of Boston University people — This is a list of notable faculty members and alumni of Boston University. Contents 1 Notable alumni or attendees 1.1 Pulitzer Prize winners 1.2 Academia 1.3 Business … Wikipedia
Schizophrenia — MeshName = Schizophrenia MeshNumber = F03.700.750 Schizophrenia (pron en|ˌskɪtsəˈfriːniə), from the Greek roots schizein (σχίζειν, to split ) and phrēn , phren (φρήν, φρεν , mind ) is a psychiatric diagnosis that describes a mental disorder… … Wikipedia
List of psychologists — This list includes notable psychologists and contributors to psychology, some of whom may not have thought of themselves primarily as psychologists but are included here because of their important contributions to the discipline.Specialized lists … Wikipedia
March 17 — << March 2011 >> Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa 1 2 3 … Wikipedia