- Fate Testarossa
Infobox animanga character
name = Fate Testarossa
Fate T. Harlaown
series = Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
first = Nanoha Episode 4 +
Nanoha The MOVIE 1st
last = Nanoha StrikerS Episode 26 +
Sound Stage 04
voiced by =
age = 9 in "Nanoha" and "A's"
15 in "A's" epilogue and "StrikerS" manga
19 in "StrikerS" anime
title = Contract Mage ("A's")
Commissioned Officer("A's" epilogue, "StrikerS")
corresponded rank Captain ("StrikerS")
paux1 name = Home world
paux1 = Garden of Time
paux2 name = Affiliations
paux2 = Precia Testarossa "(disowned)"("Nanoha")
Time-Space Administration Bureau (TSAB)("A's", "StrikerS")
divider = yes
aux1 name = Magic system
aux1 = Mid-Childa
aux2 name = Familiar
aux2 = Arf
aux3 name = Weapon
aux3 = Bardiche
nihongo|Fate Testarossa|フェイト・テスタロッサ|Feito Tesutarossa, also known as nihongo|Fate T. Harlaown|フェイト・T・ハラオウン|Feito T Haraoun, is a fictional character in the
animeseries " Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha". She is voiced by Nana Mizuki.
In the series, Fate is a mage from the Garden of Time, sent to collect Jewel Seeds, which puts her at odds with rival
Nanoha Takamachi. She is aided on her quest by an animal familiar, a mature dog-woman named Arf.
Fate in Nanoha
Fate appears in episode 4 with Arf and Bardiche, materializing in the town in search of Jewel Seeds. It is soon apparent that even Fate does not know why she is looking for these specimens of Lost Logia (the series' term for ancient magical artifacts), but she does not care, stating, "I must get them, because my mother wants them." Fate is not impressed by her young, naive rival, Nanoha, and tells her that her quest is worthless, but Nanoha's steadfast dedication to reforming Fate gets to her heart, and she begins to wane. However, this does not impress Fate's mother, Precia Testarossa, who
tortures the girl just for not getting all the Jewel Seeds. Fate remains loyal despite Arf's protests; she remembers a time when Precia was kind and stable, and thinks that the Jewel Seeds will cure her mother's insanity.
Fate teleports to her home from the top of an office building with complicated coordinates and a bit of magic. She lives in a gloomy hideout in the Garden of Time with her mother and Arf, sharing a room with the latter. She appears in the city whenever she senses a Jewel Seed, as she has no school and nothing else to do. This is also the reason why she spends much of the series transformed.
Late in the series, Arf finally strikes out at Precia, and is thrown out as "useless". Fate finally starts to question her mother's motives, as Arf has always been there for her, but still refuses to join Nanoha and accepts her challenge to a winner-takes-all battle for the Jewel Seeds. When Fate loses, Precia appears and steals the Jewel Seeds. Fate tentatively joins up with the Time-Space Administration Bureau, and it is revealed that her memories of the past were copied, and that she is a clone of Precia's biological daughter, Alicia Testarossa. Fate doesn't take this news too well, but attempts to convince Precia to give up; the madwoman laughs in her face, states that the Jewel Seed collection was an attempt to reach the legendary Al Hazard and resurrect Alicia, and snaps that ever since Fate's creation, Precia has despised her. Fate, still hurt, attempts to save Precia, but is rejected as Precia and the preserved body of Alicia fall into a dimensional rift. Fate accepts Nanoha as a partner and a friend, and though she is arrested for what she did for Precia, promises to come back as she will probably be acquitted of all charges.
Fate in A's
In A's, Fate and Arf join the Time-Space Administration Bureau and go to Earth to team up with Nanoha again. Their new mission is to prevent the Wolkenritter from stealing mages' Linker Cores (power source) for their Book of Darkness. Nanoha introduces Fate to her friends as a transfer student, and Fate has to get used to civilian life, cell phones and having a new mother figure in Lindy Harlaown. Early on in the season, Bardiche is upgraded to be able to compete with the Wolkenritter's weapons, and is renamed "Bardiche Assault". Nanoha and Fate meet a sickly girl, Hayate, whom both they and the Wolkenritter wish to save. At this point, Suzuka and Alisa discover Nanoha's true identity. Fate is captured by the Book of Darkness and thrown into a dream from which she will never want to wake; a happy life with older sister Alicia and a sane, kind Precia. However, Fate remembers that her friends need her, and says a sad goodbye to the life she always wanted in favour of the life she has. With the help of the Wolkenritter and Hayate herself, they cure both Hayate and the Book of Darkness, which transforms into Reinforce, Hayate's partner and weapon.Fate in A'S wanted to fight Signum,but her feelings tricked her, in the end she wanted to be her friend. But Signum put her self in mission so she forget thet she actually likes Fate. Ther fight soon bicame endless fight and friendship.
In an epilogue taking place six years later, Fate is older, has been adopted by Lindy, and working for the TSAB along with Nanoha and Hayate. She has changed her name to Fate T. Harlaown, with the T an abbreviation for Testarossa.
Fate in the manga
Two official manga series expand on what happens to the characters between A's and the sequel, StrikerS.
In the epilogue issue of the A's manga series, stated as being five months after the conclusion of the A's anime, Fate is depicted as having enrolled as a cadet officer the TSAB and has been officially adopted by Lindy Harlaown. [Issue 7 ("Epilogue of Aces").]
The ongoing StrikerS manga series begins six years after the events of A's [Stated specifically in Issue 1, page 5.] , before jumping ahead four more years to a timeframe just prior to the events of the StrikerS anime series [Stated specifically at the end of Issue 3] . In it, Fate is in her third year of junior high school. She has now achieved the rank of Enforcer and acts as an investigator for the Interdimensional Navy of the TSAB, though she had to take her officer's exam three times before she passed (a fact which Signum continues to tease her about) because she was too worried about Nanoha's condition at the time. ["Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS" manga chapter 03] She has also assumed guardianship for
Erio Mondial, a six-year-old boy who had been rescued by Fate during an unspecified incident involving a Lost Logia, though officially Lindy is Erio's adoptive parent due to Fate's age.
Fate in "StrikerS"
Fate is a 19-year-old commissioned officer of the TSAB. She lives on Earth in Uminari City with Lindy, who has retired from her position as Admiral, having had too much excitement and seeking a desk job. Fate goes to school with Nanoha, Hayate, Suzuka, and Alisa. Though early promotional material suggested that she would abandon her battle uniform for a TSAB suit, the completed anime showed her in her Barrier Jacket, which appears to have grown to continue to fit her. She also seems to have gained a white cape, according to two promotional pictures; what the cape is for is unknown. In the manga, both the TSAB uniform and the Barrier Jacket are used with the Barrier Jacket overlaying or replacing the uniform when activated for combat situations.
She is the head of the Lightning Squad, and an S+ mage without limiters, an AA mage with. Showing great concern for her squad, particularly Erio (she is his guardian) and Caro, a child that she took in when no one else would, Fate takes her position as leader very seriously.
Fate's magical abilities developed at an astonishing rate, according to Rinis. She learned
electricity-based attacks faster than other magical types, something that her mother Precia also specialized in. At the age of seven, she had already mastered several abilities to the point of not requiring the incantations. Behind her tutor Rinis' back, she also studied how to create and handle familiars"Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Sound Stage 02".] . Her command phrase for her shooting abilities is "Fire!".
Fate specializes in mid-range and melee attacks, preferring speed to power and endurance. This was a result of the training that her mother demanded, which sacrificed the flexibility of a wide range of abilities for raw speed. Fate is the fastest character in the Nanoha universe and is able to keep up with anyone without having to use speed enhancing spells. After the events of "Nanoha", she trained with Chrono to address the gaps in her initial training.
* "Transformation" — Fate transforms Bardiche into Device Form and her "Barrier Jacket" is activated as well.
* "Arcus Cultus Aegeas" — This is Fate's personal incantation for Bardiche. Generally she uses this to concentrate her energies, especially before unleashing a powerful attack ["Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha" episode 11] .
* "Jewel Seed Seal" — Used to seal the Jewel Seeds so they will not fuse with anything.
* "Lightning Bind" — A powerful, but difficult to maintain, spell that prevents its target from moving.
* "Recovery" — Fate can restore Bardiche in seconds, even after she is heavily damaged.
* "Barrier Jacket" — Fate activates her defensive outfit. After Bardiche is upgraded in "A's", her "Barrier Jacket" gains two variations: "Lightning Form" and "Sonic Form".
**"Lightning Form" — This is similar to her original "Barrier Jacket", with more protective power and some armor plates on her shoes and left glove.
**"Sonic Form" — This lighter variation of Fate's "Barrier Jacket" dispenses with the cloak and instead puts "Sonic Sails," "Flier Fin"-like wings on Fate's boots and arms, greatly increasing her movement speed.
*** "Sonic Drive" — In episode 24 of Strikers, Fate activates this variation of Sonic Form. Her speed and magic powers greatly increases in this form. Incantation to activate this form is "Overdrive, New Sonic Form". ["Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS Episode 24"]
**"Impulse Form" — The new "Barrier Jacket" variation seen in "StrikerS", it sports a complete new design that holds little resemblance with any of the other variations seen until then.
* "Blitz Rush" — Fate's movement speed is increased dramatically (if temporarily), to the point where human eyes cannot track her easily. In A's, this is upgraded to "Sonic Move"; in "Sonic Form", she does not need to activate the ability.
*"Defenser" — Bardiche's Auto-Guard magic. It can guard in every direction, but can be broken easily, as Signum's cartridge-loaded Device proves.
**"Defenser Plus" — Used in the second episode of StrikerS, it is essentially a more powerful form of Defenser, and capable of being cast over a larger area to protect more than one person.
* "Bind Break" — Attempts to deactivate a binding or imprisoning spell. The amount of time required to deactivate depends on the complexity of the target magic.
* "Jacket Purge" — Fate "unravels" the magic power that comprises her Jacket, causing it to explode. This has significant attack power, and can disrupt binding magics. However, she is vulnerable for a few moments after purging the Jacket, and she requires magic power to recreate a new one.
* "Thunder Arm" — A lightning defense on her left arm (use in Nanoha StrikerS Episode 22).
* "Arc Saber" — Fate's melee attack, consisting of a blade of light from the Bardiche in Scythe form. It is powerful enough to neutralize Nanoha's Divine Shooter missiles. The blade itself can be thrown, spinning it much like a shuriken.
** "Scythe Slash" — A variation of the "Arc Saber" where the blade is enhanced in order to penetrate barrier-type magics such as Barrier Jackets.
* "Haken Saber" — As "Arc Saber", except with Bardiche Assault in Haken form.
** "Haken Slash" — The "Scythe Slash"-like variation of Fate's "Haken Saber".
* "Photon Lancer" — Fate's basic ranged attack, fired from a small collection of energy called a "Photon Sphere". Fate's shots are faster, but unlike Nanoha's Divine Shooter, they are unguided.
** "Photon Lancer Phalanx Shift" — A variation of "Photon Lancer" (and Fate's most powerful attack in season 1), this spell amasses several large Photon Spheres and unleashes a storm of "Photon Lancer" shots on the target.
* "Plasma Lancer" — A more powerful version of "Photon Lancer", with increased attack power and the ability to turn at Fate's command should it miss.
* "Thunder Smasher" — Fate's siege-type attack, analogous to Nanoha's "Divine Buster". It was called "Thunder Buster" in episode 12 of season 1, but the DVD booklet indicates that the attack was actually "Thunder Smasher".
* "Plasma Smasher" — "Thunder Smasher"'s upgrade, used when Bardiche Assault is in Assault Form.
* "Trident Smasher" — The third upgraded magic of the "Thunder Smasher" line, three beams are shot simultaneously from the same firing-point, creating the illusion of a trident's blade. Debuted on the episode 12 of "StrikerS".
* "Thunder Rage" — Fate's multitarget attack, activated with Bardiche in Sealing Form. Together with Nanoha's "Divine Buster", Fate used this to seal six Jewel Seeds at once.
** "Thunder Blade" — An enhanced version of "Thunder Rage", Fate focuses each attack into individual swords that can detonate on the command "Break!". Chrono Harlaown has a similar attack called "Stinger Blade".
* "Striker Buster" attack that kill all that touches in a second, but it takes Fate's energy and she can't defend her selve in her fullest.
* "Blitz Rush" — Fate can increase the speed of her magic missiles such as "Plasma Lancer".
* "Sprite Zamber" — This ability is designed to destroy force fields, binding magics, and illusions. Fate, after transforming Bardiche Assault to Zamber form, uses this to break out of the Book of Darkness' prison.
* "Jet Zamber" — Fate's ultimate melee attack (thus far), she first throws a shockwave at the target, then swings Bardiche Assault in Zamber form. The energy blade of the Zamber grows to many times its typical size, so Fate can slash through a target that would ordinarily be out of range.
* "Plasma Zamber Breaker" — Bardiche Assault in Zamber form unleashes a powerful energy blast.
* "Riot Blade " — Bardiche Assault in a sabre like form. Riot Zamber is able to cut away magical binding strings with ease. ["Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS Episode 24"]
** "Riot Zamber" — Bardiche Assault split into two "Riot Blades". A magical string at the end of each hilt connects both of them. Fate can combine both "Riot Blades" to form a bigger version of Zamber. ["Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS Episode 24"]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Fate — is defined by Destiny, controlled by free will, explained by Karma. Fate may refer to:* Destiny, an inevitable course of events * Fatalism, a philosophical doctrineComputing* Fate (1996 game), an unpublished computer game * Fate (video game), a… … Wikipedia
List of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha characters — The following list introduces the characters of the Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha universe. Contents 1 Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha 1.1 Main Characters 1.2 Time Space Administration Bureau 1.3 … Wikipedia
List of Nanoha characters — Articleissues cleanup = January 2008 in universe = January 2008 in universe cat = OR = January 2008 unbalanced = January 2008The following list introduces the characters of the Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha universe.Magical Girl Lyrical NanohaMain… … Wikipedia
Nana Mizuki — 水樹 奈々 Birth name 近藤 奈々 (Kondō Nana) Also known as Nana chan Born January 21, 1980 (1980 01 21) (age 31) Niihama, Ehime, Japan Origin … Wikipedia
Мидзуки, Нана — В Википедии есть статьи о других людях с такой фамилией, см. Мидзуки. Нана Мидзуки Дата рождения 21 января 1980(1980 01 21) (32 года) Место рождения Ниихама (префектура … Википедия
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's — 魔法少女リリカルなのはA s (Mahō shōjo ririkaru nanoha ēsu) Type Seinen Anime japonais Réalisateur Keizō Kusakawa Producteurs Akio Mishima Tatsuya Tanaka … Wikipédia en Français
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha — 魔法少女リリカルなのは (Mahō Shōjo Ririkaru Nanoha) Genre aventure, Magical Girl, science fiction Anime japonais Réalisateur(s) Akiyuki Shinbo Studio d’animation … Wikipédia en Français
Nanoha Takamachi — Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha character First appearance Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha Episode 1 Voiced by … Wikipedia
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha terminology — Articleissues cleanup = January 2008 copyedit = January 2008 in universe = January 2008 in universe cat = OR = January 2008 citecheck = January 2008This is a glossary of terms from the anime and manga series Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha , and its… … Wikipedia
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Strikers — Title screen of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS 魔法少女リリカルなのはStrikerS … Wikipedia