- The Coming of Conan the Cimmerian
The Coming of Conan the Cimmerian
The Coming of Conan the Cimmerian, art by Mark Schultz
Author(s) Robert E. Howard Illustrator Mark Schultz Cover artist Mark Schultz Country United States Language English Series Conan the Barbarian Genre(s) Sword and sorcery Publisher Del Rey Books Publication date 2003 Pages 496 p. Followed by The Bloody Crown of Conan
The Coming of Conan the Cimmerian is the first of a three volume set collecting the Conan stories by author Robert E. Howard. It was originally published in 2003, first the United Kingdom by Wandering Star under the title Conan of Cimmeria: Volume One (1932–1933), and shortly thereafter in the United States by Del Rey under the present title. The Science Fiction Book Club subsequently reprinted the complete set in hardcover; the set is noted for presenting the original, unedited versions of Howard's Conan tales. This volume includes thirteen short stories as well as miscellanea for Howard fans and enthusiasts (e.g., drafts, notes, maps, etc.), and is illustrated by noted comic book artist Mark Schultz.
- "The Phoenix on the Sword"
- "The Frost Giant's Daughter"
- "The God in the Bowl"
- "The Tower of the Elephant"
- "The Scarlet Citadel"
- "Queen of the Black Coast"
- "Black Colossus"
- "Iron Shadows in the Moon"
- "Xuthal of the Dusk"
- "The Pool of the Black One"
- "Rogues in the House"
- "The Vale of Lost Women"
- "The Devil in Iron"
- "The Phoenix on the Sword" (first submitted draft)
- "Notes on Various Peoples of the Hyborian Age"*
- "The Hyborian Age"
- Untitled Synopsis
- Untitled Synopsis ("The Scarlet Citadel")
- Untitled Synopsis ("Black Colossus")
- Untitled Fragment
- Untitled Synopsis #2
- Untitled Draft
- "Hyborian Names and Countries"
- Hyborian Age Maps (drawn by Howard)
- (Note that, due to a proofreading error, the essay "Notes on Various Peoples of the Hyborian Age" is truncated after the paragraph regarding Cimmerians. The complete text continues with a final 450-word paragraph concerning the peoples of the Westermarck. The full text has been published, among other places, in The Complete Chronicles of Conan.
- Hyborian Genesis
- Notes on the Conan Typescripts and the Chronology
- Notes on the Original Howard Texts
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Conan (Dark Horse Comics) — Conan A double panel from issue #0 The Legend Publication information Publisher Dark Horse Comics … Wikipedia
Conan the Victorious — cover of Conan the Victorious … Wikipedia
Conan of Venarium — cover of Conan of Venarium … Wikipedia
Conan chronologies — have been prepared by a variety of people from the 1930s onward to provide a timeline into which to fit the numerous Conan the Barbarian stories by Robert E. Howard and later writers. A completely consistent timeline that would accommodate every… … Wikipedia
Conan the Barbarian (comics) — Conan the Barbarian The cover to Conan the Barbarian #1 (Oct. 1970), by Barry Smith and John Verpoorten. Publication information Publisher … Wikipedia
Conan the Destroyer (novel) — Conan the Destroyer Conan the Destroyer by Robert Jor … Wikipedia
The Bloody Crown of Conan — … Wikipedia
Conan the Barbarian (2011 film) — Conan the Barbarian Theatrical poster Directed by Marcus Nispel Prod … Wikipedia
Conan of the Isles — Conan of the … Wikipedia
Conan the Warrior — … Wikipedia