- Block Party Bash
Block Party Bash Disney's California Adventure Opening date May 5, 2005 Closing date January 6, 2008 Block Party Bash Disney's Hollywood Studios Opening date March 14, 2008 Closing date January 1, 2011
Block Party Bash was a hybrid stage show and parade that played at Disney's California Adventure park from 2005 to 2008. It was relocated to Disney's Hollywood Studios in March 2008, replacing the Disney Stars and Motor Cars Parade.
Block Party Bash (BPB) was introduced in May 2005 in conjunction with Disneyland's 50th Birthday "Happiest Homecoming on Earth" celebration. Produced to fill the void left after the closure of Eureka!, it was conceived as more a mobile stage show than a parade. Unlike most Disney parades, Block Party Bash is an upbeat show that makes heavy use of dance music with an energetic, driving beat.
Advertised as a "high-energy party," Block Party Bash features characters from and units inspired by the Pixar films released to that point: Toy Story, The Incredibles, A Bug's Life, and Monsters, Inc. In addition to the characters, Block Party Bash features a large number of dancers, bikers, and trampoline artists. The original cast included over 60 dancers, 16 acrobats, 12 pairs of jumping stilts and 30 electric scooters.
Following its initial season, Block Party Bash was significantly scaled down, with its original three show stops being reduced to two, the a bug's land stop removed, and the lighting and effects system reworked to require less manpower. The Tail end of the Bug's Life unit was also scaled down by removing Dim, with the larger unit losing its trailered unit, and a few party cones.
After closing on January 6, 2008, the parade was relocated to Disney's Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World in Florida. It premiered there on March 14, 2008—the same day that the new Pixar Play Parade debuted at Disney's California Adventure.
The show travels in "parade mode" along Disney's Hollywood Studios Performance Corridor until it reaches one of three "Party Zones." At this point, many of the performers are occupied with moving the Units, while others dance alongside the procession to "Celebration." The Green Army Men, along the route, encourage guests to visit a color-coded "Party Zone," where they say the real fun begins.
Block Party Bash moves in "Parade Mode" to one of the party zones. When the show debuted, there were three party zones; "Red" located in Sunshine Plaza, "green" outside a bug's land, and "blue" outside Golden Dreams. Upon its arrival in the party zones, the show begins. The four main units as well as smaller "block" tweeners feature Green Army Men serving as a sort of party drill sergeant. Guests are invited to join in the jumping, dancing, games, and other fun.
- "Celebration"; the floats arrive and set up for their stop.
- "Dancing in the Street"; Dance number
- "Jumpin' Jack Flash"; Characters, Pixar Pal dancers, and Acrobats use jump ropes and jumping stilts, encouraging the audience to jump along.
- Green Army Men host a scream contest, challenging each side of the street to beat the other.
- "Shout"; (lyrics changed to "scream.")
- Dancers perform a routine featuring clips from "Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)," "Dance to the Music," "Shake Your Booty," and "Footloose."
- The audience is invited to participate in a series of popular dances: "Macarena," "Stayin' Alive," "Y.M.C.A.," "U Can't Touch This," Whoomp! (There It Is) "Twist and Shout," and "Do You Wanna Dance?."
- The Incredibles arrive, emerging from the block floats.
- The dancers perform a final dance number to "R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A."
Tear-Down and return to Parade Mode
- The performers pack their floats back up to "You've Got a Friend in Me."
- The show returns from Parade Mode to "Celebration."
- Once the floats, Tweeners and Cones reach the Paradise Pier parade gate, the Pixar Pal dancers step aside to the edge of the parade route. Once the A Bug's Life float reaches the edge of the gate, the Pixar Pals dance back into the center and perform a choreographed 'tag' as the music ends.
- One by one, they dance back toward the slowly closing gate and, on the final "Celebrate!" moment, they throw dozens of custom-printed Block Party Bash Nerf balls over the gate.
The units are themed to one of three Disney-Pixar films, in this order:
- Toy Story
- A Bug's Life
- Monsters Inc.
- The Incredibles
The units are themed to one of three Disney-Pixar characters, in this order:
- Toy Story: Woody, Buzz Lightyear, Jessie, Little Bo Peep, Mr. Potato Head, Green Army Men, and Lots-o'-Huggin' Bear (Start form 9 May, 2010)
- A Bug's Life: Flik, Atta, Gypsy Moth, Heimlich, and Slim
- Monsters Inc.: Mike, Sulley, Boo, George, Needlemen, and Smitty
- The Incredibles: Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl, Frozone
Each unit consists of, in order:
- Trampoline Unit: Four-sided trampolines with a stationary spot in the middle featuring high-flying acrobats.
- Block Unit: a "tweener" unit featuring Green Army Men, prop storage, scream meters, and (later) The Incredibles.
- Two Cones: Featuring motorized scooters, banners, and beach balls.
- Main units: Elaborately decorated units based on the Pixar films, featuring Green Army Men, animatronic characters, stages, and air-guns.
NOTE: In September 2006, the parade was scaled down from its original opening format. Previous to the current format of the parade, each section consisted of a trampoline, a tweener, two cones, the main unit, and 2 cones (a total for 4 cones per unit).
Each section also contains 8 dancing couples and 4 acrobats, totaling 48 dancers and 12 acrobats for the entire parade.
- Show Dates: Disney's California Adventure: May 5, 2005 - January 6, 2008. Disney's Hollywood Studios: March 14, 2008 - January 1, 2011
- Creative Director: Steven Davison, Disney Creative Entertainment
- Show Producer: Mike Williams
- Show Director: Marilyn Magness-Carroll
- Art Director: Brad Kaye
- Technical Directors: K.C. Wilkerson, Jeff
- Choreography: Jerry, Rita May Bland, Robin Trowbridge
- Show stops: 3 (Summer 2005), then 2 (Fall 2005-January 2008)
- Show length: 11-minute stop, approximately 40 minutes from entrance gate to exit gate (55 minutes with 3 show stops)
- Previous parade: Disney's California Adventure: Eureka! The California Adventure Parade. Disney's Hollywood Studios: Disney Stars and Motor Cars Parade.
- Dim from A Bug's Life on (2005-2006)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Block party (disambiguation) — A block party is a neighborhood celebration.Block party may also refer to: * Block Party (album), a 2008 album by Missy Elliott *The Block Party (Lisa Lopes song), a song from the Supernova album *Animation Block Party, a film festival held in… … Wikipedia
Party — Parties redirects here. For other uses, see The Parties (disambiguation). Birthday party redirects here. For other uses, see Birthday party (disambiguation). Pool party redirects here. For the video game, see Pool Party. For other uses, see Party … Wikipedia
Mario Party DS — Desarrolladora(s) Hudson Soft Distribuidora(s) Nintendo Plataforma(s) Nintendo DS Fecha(s) de lanzamiento … Wikipedia Español
Crash Bash — The North American cover of Crash Bash features Crash, Coco, Cortex, Polar, and Tiny. Developer(s) Eurocom … Wikipedia
Mario Party (videojuego) — Este artículo o sección necesita referencias que aparezcan en una publicación acreditada, como revistas especializadas, monografías, prensa diaria o páginas de Internet fidedignas. Puedes añadirlas así o avisar … Wikipedia Español
Slam, Bam Birthday Bash — is an episode of the animated series Pucca .PlotIt’s Pucca s Birthday and she’s out doing her daily deliveries in Sooga. Each person she encounters wishes her a happy birthday. At the Go Rong, all of her friends are putting their decorations up… … Wikipedia
Disney's Hollywood Studios — Zauberhut in Disney s Hollywood Studios Disney’s Hollywood Studios ist ein Themenpark in der Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida, USA. Als dritter Themenpark wurde er am 1. Mai 1989 als Disney’s MGM Studios eröffnet. Der Park wurde Anfang 2008… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Disney’s Hollywood Studios — Zauberhut in Disney s Hollywood Studios Disney’s Hollywood Studios ist ein Themenpark in der Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida, USA. Als dritter Themenpark wurde er am 1. Mai 1989 als Disney’s MGM Studios eröffnet. Der Park wurde Anfang 2008… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Disney Stars and Motor Cars Parade — Disney Stars and Motor Cars Disney s Hollywood Studios Soft opening date Septembre, 2001 Opening date October 1, 2001 Closing date March 8, 2008 Ride duration 25 min minutes … Wikipedia
Disney's Hollywood Studios — Disney s Hollywood Studios … Wikipedia