- Long Island Pizza Festival & Bake-Off
The Long Island Pizza Festival & Bake-Off is an annual charity event that takes place on
Long Island, New York. The event is coordinated and hosted by LongIsland.coma free online news and information resource for Long Island.
Long Island pizzerias compete to be named Best Pizza on Long Island in an online voting contest. The finalists are selected to participate in the Bake-Off which takes place at the Pizza Festival held annually during National Pizza Month in October.
The Long Island Pizza Festival has been featured on FoodNetwork TV's "All American Festivals," written up in "
The New York Times", spotlighted on local TV stations including News 12 and Long Island News Tonight.
The event has been sanctioned by Pizza Marketing Quarterly (PMQ), a pizza industry trade publication as a preliminary competition to the American Pizza Championships.
The Long Island Pizza Festival is also recognized by the World Pizza Champions. A winner from the local Long Island competition is invited to tour with the Team in larger pizza competitions which have included the
World Pizza Championships, an international pizza competition held in Salsomaggiore, Italy.
The Long Island Pizza Contest and Festival raises funds to help feed the hungry. A portion of the proceeds go to Long Island Cares and Island Harvest, non-profit food organizations based on Long Island, NY.
* [http://www.longisland.com/bestpizza Best Pizza on Long Island Contest]
* [http://www.longisland.com/bestpizza/pizzaparty.php Long Island Pizza Festival & Bake-Off]
* FoodNetwork TV's "All American Festivals" - [http://www.clicklive.com/invision/licom/pizza.asx Long Island Pizza Festival Episode Video]
* [http://www.pmq.com/ Pizza Marketing Quarterly (PMQ)]
* [http://www.worldpizzachampions.com World Pizza Champions]
* [http://www.worldpizzachampionship.com/ World Pizza Championship]
* [http://www.licares.org/ Long Island Cares]
* [http://www.islandharvest.org/ Island Harvest]
* [http://www.longisland.com LongIsland.com]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.