- United Nations Security Council Resolution 350
United Nations Security CouncilResolution 350, adopted on 31 May 1974, established the United Nations Disengagement Observer Force, to monitor the ceasefirebetween Israeland Syriain the wake of the Yom Kippur War. UNDOF was initially established for a period of six months, but has had its mandate renewed by subsequent resolutions, most recently United Nations Security Council Resolution 1685of 13 June 2006, which renewed the mandate until 31 December 2006.
Resolution 350 was adopted by 13 votes to none, with China and
Iraqnot participating in the voting.
Text of Resolution
The Security Council,
Having considered the report of the Secretary-General contained in documents S/11302 and Add.1, and having heard his statement made at the 1773rd meeting of the Security Council,
1. Welcomes the Agreement on Disengagement between Israeli and Syrian Forces, negotiated in implementation of Security Council resolution 338 (1973) of 22 October 1973;
2. Takes note of the Secretary-General's report and the annexes thereto and his statement;
3. Decides to set up immediately under its authority a United Nations Disengagement Observer Force, and requests the Secretary-General to take the necessary steps to this effect in accordance with his above-mentioned report and the annexes thereto; the Force shall be established for an initial period of six months, subject to renewal by further resolution of the Security Council;
4. Requests the Secretary-General to keep the Security Council fully informed of further developments.
* [http://domino.un.org/UNISPAL.NSF/9a798adbf322aff38525617b006d88d7/4f79ae6df5f9b5ac852560cb0075d710!OpenDocument Text of Resolution 350] (S/RES/350)
* [http://domino.un.org/UNISPAL.NSF/9a798adbf322aff38525617b006d88d7/4fcbeabf0e58068085256db70074a828!OpenDocument Report of the Secretary-General concerning the Agreement on Disengagement between Israeli and Syrian Forces] (S/11302/Add.1)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
United Nations Security Council Resolution 1701 — is a resolution intended to resolve the 2006 Israel Lebanon conflict. It was unanimously approved by the United Nations Security Council on 11 August 2006. The Lebanese cabinet, which includes two members of Hezbollah, unanimously approved the… … Wikipedia
United Nations Security Council Resolution 1679 — (adopted unanimously on 16 May 2006) is a United Nations Security Council resolution which endorses the African Union Peace and Security Council’s decision to move ahead with the transition to a United Nations peacekeeping force in the Darfur… … Wikipedia
United Nations Transition Assistance Group — In accordance with United Nations Security Council Resolution 435 the United Nations Transition Assistance Group (UNTAG) was deployed in April 1989 in Namibia as a United Nations (UN) peacekeeping force to monitor the peace process, and ensure… … Wikipedia
United Nations peacekeeping missions involving Pakistan — UN peacekeeping missions involving Pakistan covers a long and cherished history of Pakistani involvement with the United Nations. Pakistan joined the United Nations on 30 September 1947. Since 1960, Pakistan has been actively involved in most of… … Wikipedia
United Nations Commissioner for Namibia — United Nations Commissioner for South West Africa was a post created by the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) in 1967 to assert the UN s direct responsibility for South West Africa which was then under illegal occupation by apartheid South… … Wikipedia
United Nations Mission in the Central African Republic and Chad — Infobox UN name = United Nations Mission in the Central African Republica and Chad caption = type = Peacekeeping Mission acronyms = MINURCAT head = Jos%C3%A9 Victor da Silva Angelo status = Active (mandate until 15 March 2009)UN document |docid=S … Wikipedia
United Nations Disengagement Observer Force Zone — ] The resolution was passed on the same day the Agreement on Disengagement UN document |docid=S 11302 Add.1 |type=Document |body=Security Council |year= 1 |document number=11302 Add.1 |accessdate=2008 07 01|date=30 May 1973] was signed between… … Wikipedia
United Nations Disengagement Observer Force — (UNDOF) United Nations (UN) peacekeeping force established to monitor the Israel Syria Disengagement of Forces Agreement of 31 May 1974. The force was authorized by UN Security Council Resolution 350. Its area of operations extended 80 miles… … Historical Dictionary of Israel
United Nations — 1. an international organization, with headquarters in New York City, formed to promote international peace, security, and cooperation under the terms of the charter signed by 51 founding countries in San Francisco in 1945. Abbr.: UN Cf. General… … Universalium
United Nations resolutions on Abkhazia — The Security Council of the United Nations passed 32 resolutions where it recognizes Abkhazia as an integral part of Georgia and supports its territorial integrity according to the principles of the international law. The UN is urging both sides… … Wikipedia