- The Settlers
The Settlers (German: Die Siedler) is a video game series. The first game in the series is The Settlers (1993). There are eight games in the series, including remakes. All of the games were developed by Blue Byte Software, and were published by either Blue Byte or Ubisoft, the company that later acquired Blue Byte.
- The Settlers
- The Settlers (also known as Serf City, original German title Die Siedler) is a slow-paced simulation computer game by German developer Blue Byte Software, first released in 1993 for Commodore Amiga and in 1994 for the IBM-PC. It was the first game of its type, blending together principles which had not been seen in a single game before, and defined the line of the later Settlers games. On the hardware available at the time, the game could control a maximum of 64,000 individuals, all behaving autonomously.
- The Settlers II
- The Settlers II: Veni, Vidi, Vici (original German title: Die Siedler II: Veni, Vidi, Vici) is a real-time strategy computer game, released by Blue Byte Software in 1996. Its gameplay is very similar to that of its predecessor, The Settlers, albeit with a Roman theme and improved graphics. Many fans of the franchise consider this the best game of the Settlers series, primarily because future installments changed the transport management aspect considerably. This popularity more recently boosted Blue Byte's decision to publish a remake of the game, The Settlers II 10th Anniversary for Windows and Nintendo DS port.
- The Settlers III
- The Settlers III is a real-time strategy computer game developed by Blue Byte Software, being the second sequel to The Settlers. This isometric city-building game was released on November 30, 1998. The most notable difference between this game and its two predecessors is that there are no more roads—all units, including carriers with goods, can walk around freely. This simplifies the building of a settlement, since only the distances between buildings are relevant, and not how roads can be constructed between them. Military units are now directly controlled, making fighting more similar to games like Command & Conquer or Age of Empires, than to the previous Settlers games. Settlers III was also famous for its peculiar copy protection: in pirated versions of the game, iron smelters would only produce pigs instead of iron, which made weapon production impossible. 
- The Settlers IV
- The Settlers IV is a real-time strategy video game developed by Blue Byte Software, being the third sequel to The Settlers. In The Settlers IV there are four races: the Mayans, the Vikings, the Romans, and the Dark Tribe. The game can be played via either singleplayer, playing against the computer, or against another human opponent, via multiplayer, and features a "free settle" mode where players are free to build a civilization with no fear of attack. The game also features in the iPhone and iPod Touch, with free and paid-for versions available, the title of which is "The Settlers", differing slightly from the PC title. Even though the title is different the basis of the game is much the same, but using the iPhone's touch controls.
- The Settlers: Heritage of Kings
- The Settlers: Heritage of Kings (also known unofficially as The Settlers V, original German title: Die Siedler - das Erbe der Könige) is the fifth instalment of The Settlers series of Real Time Strategy games on the PC. Heritage of Kings breaks off from the typical pattern that Settlers games have followed since they began: while the concept of the game remains, in essence, the same, a lot of the gameplay features have changed from those of The Settlers IV, and slightly resemble many of the gameplay aspects displayed in the game Cossacks: European Wars. Despite this, Heritage of Kings still maintains many of the characteristics of classic Settlers gameplay.
- The Settlers II 10th Anniversary
- The Settlers II 10th Anniversary Edition (original German title: Die Siedler II: Die nächste Generation) is a remake of the classic real-time strategy game The Settlers II. It was announced in July 2006. The Settlers II 10th Anniversary Edition features up-to-date 3D graphics and new gameplay additions. The game has been released in Germany in September 2006 and in the UK in October 2006. An English-language version is also available in various other regions, including Scandinavia and Asia. The game has not been released in North America.
- The Settlers: Rise of an Empire
- The Settlers: Rise of an Empire (original German title: Die Siedler - Aufstieg eines Königreichs), a real-time strategy game, is the sixth game in The Settlers series. It was developed by Blue Byte and published by UbiSoft, with a US release date of September 25, 2007, a European release date of September 28, and an Australian release date of September 30. A Limited Edition is also available, containing additional in-game content (including statues and a pavilion), an art book, bonus DVD, original soundtrack, technology tree sheet, and a demo CD.
- The Settlers: Rise of Cultures
- Original German title: Die Siedler: Aufbruch der Kulturen, not available in English language, is the second remake of the classic real-time strategy game The Settlers II. It was announced in 2008.
- The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom
- The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom is a real time strategy and city-building video game developed by Blue Byte Software and published by Ubisoft. It was released on March 23, 2010 for Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X.
- ^ "Serf City: Life is Feudal". Moby Games. http://www.mobygames.com/game/serf-city-life-is-feudal/release-info. Retrieved 2006-11-05.
- ^ "Replication of a review from 1993 out of the CU Amiga magazine". CU Amiga. http://amigareviews.classicgaming.gamespy.com/settlers.htm#settlerscu. Retrieved 2007-05-08.
- ^ Replication of a review from 1993 out of the Amiga Format magazine Retrieved May. 08, 2007
- ^ The Settlers III - Support Bulletin Board - Welcome to Blue Byte's Support Bulletin Board
- ^ http://uk.pc.ign.com/objects/902/902608.html Settlers Rise of an Empire US release date.
- ^ http://uk.pc.ign.com/objects/902/902608.html Settlers Rise of an Empire EU release date,
- ^ http://uk.pc.ign.com/objects/902/902608.html Settlers Rise of an Empire Australian release date.
- ^ http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/settlers-rise-of-an-empire-limited-edition The Settlers: Rise of an Empire (Limited Edition)
- ^ "Ubisoft Maps Out The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom". September 22, 2009. http://www.develop-online.net/press-releases/51276/The-Settlers-7-Paths-to-a-Kingdom. Retrieved 23 September 2009.
The Settlers series
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
The Settlers — Éditeur Blue Byte Software Développeur Blue Byte Software Concepteur Volker Wertich Date de sortie 1993 Genre Stratégie temps réel, gestion … Wikipédia en Français
The Settlers — Desarrolladora(s) … Wikipedia Español
The Settlers 3 — The Settlers III The Settlers III Éditeur Blue Byte Software Développeur Blue Byte Software Concepteur Volker Wertich Date de sortie 30 novembre 1998 Genre Gestion … Wikipédia en Français
The Settlers IV — Éditeur Blue Byte Software Ubisoft Entertainment Développeur Blue Byte Software Date de sortie 1er juillet 2001 Genre Gestion … Wikipédia en Français
The Settlers II — Логотип «золотого» издания игры. Разработчик … Википедия
The Settlers IV — The Settlers IV … Википедия
The Settlers II — Veni, Vidi, Vici Éditeur Blue Byte Software Développeur Blue Byte Software Concepteur Thomas Häuser Date de sortie 31 août 1996 Genre … Wikipédia en Français
The Settlers 6 — The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Разработчик Blue Byte Software Издатель Даты выпуска … Википедия
The Settlers VI — The Settlers: Rise of an Empire Разработчик Blue Byte Software Издатель Даты выпуска … Википедия
The Settlers II — Desarrolladora(s) … Wikipedia Español
The Settlers — es un videojuego de estrategia de desarrollo lento desarrollado por Blue Byte. Se publicaron versiones para Amiga y PC. Fue el primero de su clase que incluía la necesidad de montar un campamento así como de recolectar recursos. Usa un interfaz… … Enciclopedia Universal