- Laurence Kotlikoff
name = Laurence J. Kotlikoff
image_size = 121px
birth_date = birth date and age|1951|01|30
occupation = Economist, Professor, Author
website = [http://people.bu.edu/kotlikoff/ Boston University Website]
Laurence Jacob "Larry" Kotlikoff (b.
January 30, 1951) is a professor of economics at Boston University, fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, and former senior economist, President’s Council of Economic Advisers. He has published extensively in the field of public financeand tax reform, and is a leading scholar on the generational accountingof social security. He has written that the economic future is bleak for the United States without tax reform, health care reform, and Social Security reform. [ [http://mitworld.mit.edu/video/202/ The Coming Generational Storm: What You Need to Know about America’s Economic Future] ] Kotlikoff is a supporter of the FairTaxproposal, contributing to research of plan's effects and the required rate for revenue neutrality.cite web| url=http://people.bu.edu/kotlikoff/WSJ%20Op%20Ed%203-7-05.pdf| last=Kotlikoff| first=Laurence| coauthors=|title=The Case for the 'FairTax'| work=| publisher=The Wall Street Journal| date=2005-03-07| accessdate=2006-07-23] He was an economic adviser to formerly-Democratic candidate Mike Gravelduring the 2008 Democratic Primary. [ [http://www.radiosandysprings.com/philhinson.php Phil Hinsons FairTax Show] , "September, 16, 2007", Guest Dr. Lawrence Kotlikoff]
* Laurence J. Kotlikoff, 1987, “social security," "The ", v. 4, pp. 413-18. Stockton Press
* Laurence J. Kotlikoff, 1992, "Generational Accounting", The Free Press
* Laurence J. Kotlikoff, 2006, " [http://research.stlouisfed.org/publications/review/06/07/Kotlikoff.pdf Is the United States Bankrupt?] ," Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis "Review", July/August, 88(4), pp. 235-49.
* Laurence J. Kotlikoff, October 22, 2006. " [http://people.bu.edu/kotlikoff/Drifting%20To%20Future%20Bankruptcy%20October%2022,%202006.pdf Drifting to Future Bankruptcy] ." "The Philadelphia Inquirer"
* Laurence J. Kotlikoff and Scott Burns, 2004. "The Coming Generational Storm", MIT Press. Book preview. [ [http://books.google.com/books?id=GRSpr8TOWegC&pg=PA4&dq=distribution+economics&sig=UJ9N12EznI6mIQ1V_I9Ofrm0RaE#PPP1,M1. "The Coming Generational Storm"] book preview]
* [http://people.bu.edu/kotlikoff/Bio.pdf Bio]
* [http://people.bu.edu/kotlikoff/ Publications]
* [http://people.bu.edu/kotlikoff/LK%20VITA%20October%2023,%202006.pdf Vita]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
FairTax — Part of a series on Taxation Taxation in the United States … Wikipedia
Distribution of the FairTax burden — Part of the U.S. Taxation series FairTax FairTax subarticles Distribution of the burden … Wikipedia
Predicted effects of the FairTax — The Fair Tax Act (USBill|110|HR|25/USBill|110|S|1025) is a bill in the United States Congress for changing tax laws to replace the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and all federal income taxes (including Alternative Minimum Tax), payroll taxes… … Wikipedia
Revenue neutrality of the FairTax — The Fair Tax Act (USBill|110|HR|25/USBill|110|S|1025) is a bill in the United States Congress for changing tax laws to replace the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and all federal income taxes (including Alternative Minimum Tax), payroll taxes… … Wikipedia
Scott Burns (newspaper columnist) — Scott Burns is a newspaper columnist and author who has covered personal finance and investments for nearly 40 years. Today, he ranks as one of the five most widely read personal finance writers in the country, according to The Dallas Morning… … Wikipedia
PJ Media — Type Private Industry Media Founder(s) Roger L. Simon Products PJTV … Wikipedia
Котликофф, Лоуренс — англ. Laurence Kotlikoff … Википедия
United States public debt — Part of a series of articles on Unit … Wikipedia
Trinity study — In finance, investment advising, and retirement planning, the Trinity study is an informal name used to refer to an influential 1998 paper by three professors of finance at Trinity University.Cooley, Philip L., Carl M. Hubbard, and Daniel T. Walz … Wikipedia
Котликофф — Котликофф, Лоуренс Котликофф, Лоуренс Laurence Kotlikoff Гражданство: США … Википедия