- New Amsterdam (disambiguation)
New Amsterdam was the Dutch colonial settlement that later became New York City.
New Amsterdam or Nieuw Amsterdam may also refer to:
- New Amsterdam, New Holland, a former Dutch colonial settlement in Brazil
- New Amsterdam, Indiana, a town in Indiana, USA
- New Amsterdam, Wisconsin, an unincorporated community in Wisconsin
- New Amsterdam, Guyana, a town in East Berbice-Corentyne Region
- Nieuw Amsterdam, Netherlands, a village in the municipality of Emmen
- Nieuw Amsterdam, Suriname, the capital of the Commewijne District
- Île Amsterdam, an island in the Indian Ocean, was known as Nieuw Amsterdam from 1633 to 1892
- Buffalo, New York was called New Amsterdam for a brief period in the early 19th century
One of the following ships of the Holland America Line:
- New Amsterdam Theatre, a theater in New York City
- The New Amsterdams, a U.S. rock group
- New Amsterdam, a 2007 novel by U.S. speculative fiction author Elizabeth Bear
- New Amsterdam (TV series), a short-lived 2008 television series that aired on Fox
- "New Amsterdam", a song by Elvis Costello on his album Get Happy!!
- "New Amsterdam", a song by Travis on their album The Boy With No Name
- New Amsterdam: Live at Heineken Music Hall February 4–6, 2003, an album by Counting Crows
- New Amsterdam Records, a label for New York composers and performers
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Amsterdam (disambiguation) — Amsterdam is the largest city in, and titular capital of, the Kingdom of the Netherlands.Amsterdam may also refer to: *New Amsterdam (disambiguation) or Nieuw AmsterdamIn geography: *Amsterdam (city), New York, a city in New York, United States… … Wikipedia
New Amsterdam — This article is about the settlement that became New York City. For other uses, see New Amsterdam (disambiguation). Drawing of New Amsterdam from 1648, found in 1991 in Vienna s Albertina, is probably the oldest image found to date … Wikipedia
Amsterdam, New York — is the name of two locations in Montgomery County, New York: *Amsterdam (city), New York *Amsterdam (town), New Yorkee also *Amsterdam (disambiguation) Other locations named Amsterdam … Wikipedia
New Haven, Connecticut — New Haven redirects here. For other uses, see New Haven (disambiguation). City of New Haven City Skyline of Downtown New Haven … Wikipedia
New York City — This article is about the city. For other uses, see New York City (disambiguation). New York, New York and NYC redirect here. For other uses, see New York, New York (disambiguation) and NYC (disambiguation). New York City … Wikipedia
Amsterdam — This article is about the Dutch capital. For other uses, see Amsterdam (disambiguation). Amsterdam Municipality/city From left to right and top to bot … Wikipedia
New Jersey — This article is about the U.S. state of New Jersey. For other uses, see New Jersey (disambiguation). NJ redirects here. For other uses, see Nj (disambiguation) … Wikipedia
New Wave music — This article is about the music genre that originated in the 1970s. For other meanings and artistic movements, see New Wave (disambiguation). New Wave Stylistic origins Punk rock, art rock, garage rock … Wikipedia
New Caledonia — This article is about the overseas territory. For other uses, see New Caledonia (disambiguation). For other uses, see Caledonia. New Caledonia Nouvelle Calédonie … Wikipedia
New Sweden — For other uses, see New Sweden (disambiguation). New Sweden Nya Sverige Swedish colony ← … Wikipedia