- Chips and Technologies
C&T was acquired by Intel in 1997, primarily for its graphics chip business.
C&T also designed a 386-compatible microprocessor known as the Super386 38600DX/38600SX using clean room design techniques, but this chip never enjoyed as much success as the 386 CPUs produced by Intel, AMD, and Cyrix. C&T 38605DX had 512 byte cache, but the 144 pin PGA package was incompatible with 386 socket.
Single chip solutions
- 82C100 - IBM PS/2 Model 30 and Super XT Compatible Chip - Released in 1987, compatible with 8086, 80C86, V30, 8088, 80C88, V20 CPUs. Compatible with all PC/XT functional units: 8284, 8288, 8237, 8259, 8254, 8255, DRAM control, SRAM control, Keyboard control, Parity Generation and Configuration registers. Additionally features EMS control, dual clock and power management. It supports up to 2.5 MB RAM.
- 82C235 - Single Chip AT (SCAT) - Released in 1989, compatible with PC/AT. Supported LIM EMS 4.0, up to 16 MB memory and Shadow RAM.
- 82C836 - Single Chip 386sx AT (SCATsx) - Compatible with PC/AT (bus), supported all the features of SCAT, added support for the i386SX processor and i387SX math coprocessor.
Chips and Technologies was the first company (outside of IBM) to deliver a compatible VGA chipset, the 82C451, and VGA cards were introduced the same year as VGA(1987) based on the 82C441 , opening up the IBM compatible graphics display market. This market was then entered by companies such as Trident Microsystems, Western Digital, Cirrus Logic, Oak Technologies, and others, until it was saturated.
Chips and Technologies provided the Wingine video card, a very high speed framebuffer that sat in a proprietary local bus slot on supported motherboards. Epson and JCIS were two manufacturers who offered motherboards featuring the Wingine local bus slot. The Wingine was popular with users of NEXTSTEP for Intel processors, as it was one of the highest performing video cards supported by the operating system.
C&T eventually ended up competing in the low end of the video market, the 65555 featured an LVDS transmitter and notably won a design in early Compaq Armada laptops.
- ^ 82C100 IBM PS/2 Model 30 and Super XT Compatible Chip. Chips and Technologies.
- ^ "Firm Says System Logic Chip Will Speed PS/2 Model 30 Cloning". InfoWorld: p. 26. 1987-07-27. http://books.google.pl/books?id=6DsEAAAAMBAJ.
- ^ 82C235 Single Chip AT. Chips and Technologies.
- ^ "Chip Makes Cheaper AT Clones possible". InfoWorld: p. 1. 1989-10-09. http://books.google.pl/books?id=pjAEAAAAMBAJ.
- ^ 82C836 Single Chip 386sx AT. Chips and Technologies.
- ^ 
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
List of defunct graphics chips and card companies — This is a list of defunct graphics chips and card vendors.During the 1980s and 1990s a relatively large number of companies appeared selling primarily 2D graphics cards, but later 3D also. Most of those companies have subsequently disappeared, as … Wikipedia
Chips — may refer to: Contents 1 Food 2 Entertainment 3 Technology 4 … Wikipedia
Chips&Media — Chips Media,Inc. Industry Semiconductor IP Founded March 2003 Headquarters Seoul, Korea Products … Wikipedia
Business and Industry Review — ▪ 1999 Introduction Overview Annual Average Rates of Growth of Manufacturing Output, 1980 97, Table Pattern of Output, 1994 97, Table Index Numbers of Production, Employment, and Productivity in Manufacturing Industries, Table (For Annual… … Universalium
Computers and Information Systems — ▪ 2009 Introduction Smartphone: The New Computer. The market for the smartphone in reality a handheld computer for Web browsing, e mail, music, and video that was integrated with a cellular telephone continued to grow in 2008. According to… … Universalium
Mathematics and Physical Sciences — ▪ 2003 Introduction Mathematics Mathematics in 2002 was marked by two discoveries in number theory. The first may have practical implications; the second satisfied a 150 year old curiosity. Computer scientist Manindra Agrawal of the… … Universalium
MIPS Technologies — Infobox Company company name = MIPS Technologies, Inc. company type = Public: (NASDAQ: [http://quotes.nasdaq.com/asp/SummaryQuote.asp?selected=MIPS symbol=MIPS MIPS] ) foundation = 1984 location = Mountain View, California, USA key people = John… … Wikipedia
H.264/MPEG-4 AVC products and implementations — Prominent software implementations*Adobe Systems supports the playback of H.264 in Adobe Flash 9.x. They also support export and output of H.264 in Premiere Pro version CS2 (shipped in 2005). In latest version, Premiere Pro CS3 (shipped in 2007) … Wikipedia
Alagappa Chettiar College of Engineering and Technology — Infobox University name = Alagappa Chettair College of Engineering and Technology established = 1952 type = Constituent college of Anna University city = Karaikudi state = Tamil Nadu country = India website = http://www.accet.netAlagappa Chettiar … Wikipedia
Fabrication of structural steel by plasma and laser cutting — Fabrication of dimensional (non flat) structural steel elements has historically been performed by sequential operations involving sawing, drilling and high temperature flame cutting to remove material. Each of these operations is performed on… … Wikipedia