- Definition (disambiguation)
Generally, a definition delimits or describes the meaning of a concept or term.
Definition may also refer one of the following.
Science, mathematics and computing
- In computer programming languages, a declaration that reserves memory for a variable or gives the body of a subroutine
- Defining equation (physics), physical quantities defined in terms of others, in the form of an equation
- Defining equation (physical chemistry), physico-chemical quantities defined in terms of others, in the form of an equation
- Dynamical system (definition), description of a mathematical model, determined by a system of coupled differential equations
Music and TV
- Definition (album), a 1992 studio album by American crossover thrash band Dirty Rotten Imbeciles
- Definition (TV series), a long-running Canadian game show of the 1970s and 1980s
- Definition (EP), a 2001 EP by punk rock band Jersey
- Definition (song), a 1998 song by Black Star
- Defined (album), a 2005 operatic pop album
- Definitions (How I Met Your Mother), a 2009 television episode
- Definitions (Plato), a dictionary of about 185 philosophical terms sometimes included in the corpus of Plato's works
- Dogmatic definition, the pronunciation of religious doctrine by a Pope or an ecumenical council
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Definition — For other uses, see Definition (disambiguation). A definition is a passage that explains the meaning of a term (a word, phrase or other set of symbols), or a type of thing. The term to be defined is the definiendum. A term may have many different … Wikipedia
Disambiguation (disambiguation) — For information on disambiguation of topic names in Wikipedia, see Wikipedia:Disambiguation. Word sense disambiguation is the process of identifying the sense of a word in a sentence. Disambiguation may also refer to: Disambiguation (audio), the… … Wikipedia
Well-definition — For other uses, see Definition (disambiguation). In mathematics, well definition is a mathematical or logical definition of a certain concept or object (a function, a property, a relation, etc.) which uses a set of base axioms in an entirely… … Wikipedia
Definiteness (disambiguation) — Definiteness is a feature of noun phrases in grammatical theory. Donna s favourite word Definiteness may also refer to: Counterfactual definiteness, a concept in quantum mechanics Positive definiteness (disambiguation), a concept in mathematics… … Wikipedia
Linear (disambiguation) — Definition: The word linear comes from the Latin word linearis, which means created by lines. Usage in mathematics: * Linear, a property; * Linear code; * Linear equation; * Linear function; * Linear programming, a type of optimization problem; * … Wikipedia
High-definition — refers to an increase in display or visual resolution such as in: High definition television (HDTV), television formats that have a higher resolution than their contemporary counterparts High definition video, used in HDTV broadcasting, as well… … Wikipedia
Data element definition — In metadata, a data element definition is a human readable phrase or sentence associated with a data element within a data dictionary that describes the meaning or semantics of a data element. Data element definitions are critical for external… … Wikipedia
Wikipedia:Manual of Style/Disambiguation pages — This guideline is a part of the English Wikipedia s Manual of Style. Use common sense in applying it; it will have occasional exceptions. Please ensure that any edits to this page reflect consensus. Shortcuts: WP:MOSDAB MOS … Wikipedia
New England (disambiguation) — New England is a region of the north eastern United States, comprising the states of Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and Vermont. New England may also refer to: Contents 1 Geographical locations 1.1 Europe … Wikipedia
Cult (disambiguation) — A cult references a group whose beliefs or practices are considered strange. Cult may also refer to: Cult (religious practice), the original usage, referring to the totality of external religious practice and observance, the neglect of which is… … Wikipedia