- Oh Se-hoon
Oh Se-Hoon as Seoul Mayor of Seoul Special City, March 2011 34th Mayor of Seoul In office
01 July 2006 – 26 August 2011
Preceded by Lee Myung-bak Succeeded by Park Won-soon Member of the 16th National Assembly of the Republic of Korea for the ul electoral district of Gangnam-gu In office
30 May 2000 – 29 May 2004
Preceded by Hong Sa-duk Succeeded by Gong Sung-jin Personal details Born 4 January 1961
Seongdong-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Political party Grand National Party Spouse(s) 송현옥 Children 오주원 (daughter)
Residence Seoul, South Korea Alma mater Daeil High School
Hankuk University of Foreign Studies
Korea University School of Law (LL.B., LL.M., J.D.)
Profession Politician, Lawyer Religion Catholic Military service Service/branch Republic of Korea Army Army Security Command Rank First Lieutenant Oh Se-hoon Hangul 오세훈 Hanja 吳世勳 Revised Romanization O Se-hun McCune–Reischauer O Sehun
Oh Se-hoon (born January 4, 1961, Seongdong-gu, Seoul, South Korea) was the Mayor of Seoul between 2006 and August 26, 2011. On June 3, 2010, Oh was reelected as the Mayor of Seoul but resigned after losing a referendum on the Seoul Free Lunch Referendum.. Oh is a member of the Grand National Party.
Oh was born in Seongdong-gu. He graduated from Daeil High School and went on to Hankuk University of Foreign Studies. He graduated from Korea University's School of Law and became a lawyer. In 2000, Oh was elected as a member of the 16th National Assembly of South Korea. On July 1, 2006, Oh began his term as the mayor of Seoul; Oh was reelected for his second term in 2010. Oh's term was set to expire on June 30, 2014.
Seoul City Water Project
Although most Seoul residents choose to drink bottled mineral water, it has been reported that Oh Se-hoon not only vouches for but drinks the city tap water. Encouraging Seoul residents to drink tap water and reduce dependence on bottled water, as well as publicizing the cleanliness of Seoul tap water has been a pet project for Oh. Seoul City has recently put forward new regulations on tap water and the focus has gone from not just safe water but water that tastes great.
- Oh's last 5 years in office as the mayor of Seoul had tripled the debt of Seoul.
Writings by Oh
- 가끔은 변호사도 울고싶다 (When a Lawyer Wants to Cry) by Oh Se-hoon (Myeongjin Publishing, October 1995) ISBN 89-7677-030-7
- 우리는 실패에서 희망을 본다 (Failure Offers Seeds of Hope) by Kang Won-taek, Kim Ho-ghi, Oh Se-hoon, and Lee Young-jo (Hwanggeumgaji Publishing, August 2005) ISBN 8-982-73930-9
- ^ About the Mayor
- ^ http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jnPRPA3i5yJjAlMzcl5ZmZsYlmeg?docId=b49be7e03f80414a9dc16ea9b022949b (AP via Google News)
- ^ "Seoul City holds 2nd Arisu Festival to show tap water is safe to drink". Newsworld. http://www.newsworld.co.kr/cont/0609/42.htm.
- ^ Ahn (안), Hong-seok (홍석) (2011-09-13). "서울시 빚 5년새 3배 증가…1인당 37만원" (in Korean). Yonhap News. http://www.yonhapnews.co.kr/bulletin/2011/09/09/0200000000AKR20110909202400004.HTML. Retrieved 2011-10-01.
- ^ "SEOUL MAYOR OH SE-HOON'S VISION: A NEW SEOUL (06seoul3370)" (in Korean & English). Wikileaks. http://www.wikileaks-kr.org/dokuwiki/06seoul3370. Retrieved 2011-10-14. "Continuing on the discussion of domestic politics, the Mayor said that while a merger between the GNP and the Democratic Party (DP) would be beneficial to the GNP, it would be difficult and not happen soon."
- ^ Park (박), Jong-chan (종찬) (2011-09-21). "오세훈 위키리크스 첫 등장 “민주당과 통합이 한나라당 도움”" (in Korean). The Hankyeoreh. http://www.hani.co.kr/arti/international/international_general/497228.html. Retrieved 2011-10-14.
- (Korean) 이명박+오세훈은? "소비에트식 콘크리트 아파트!", Korean editorial article critical of Oh's and Lee Myung-bak's urban and environmental policies
Political offices Preceded by
Mayor of Seoul
July 1, 2006~August 26, 2011–
Kim Hyongmin • Yun Bo-seon • Lee Kibung • Kim Taeson • Goh Chaebong • Heo Jeong • Yim Hungsoon • Chang Kiyong • Kim Sangdon • Yoon Taeil • Yoon Chiyong • Kim Hyonok • Yang Taekshik • Kuh Chachun • Chong Sangchon • Park Yongsu • Kim Songbae • Yom Pohyun • Kim Yongrae • Goh Kun • Park Sejik • Lee Haewon • Lee Sangbae • Kim Sangchol • Lee Wonjong • Woo Myunggyu • Choi Pyongyol • Cho Soon • Deokki Kang • Goh Kun • Lee Myung-bak • Oh Se-hoon • Park Won-soon
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Hoon Hay — Suburb Coordinates … Wikipedia
Hoon Thien How — (* 24. Dezember 1986) ist ein malaysischer Badmintonspieler. Karriere Hoon Thien How gewann 2004 bei der Junioren Weltmeisterschaft Gold im Herrendoppel mit Tan Boon Heong. 2006 erkämpften beide bereits Silber bei den Erwachsenen bei den… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Hoon-Yung Hopgood — (born December 8, 1974) is a politician from the state of Michigan. He is a Democrat and a member of the Michigan State House of Representatives. He represents an area in southern Wayne County, in the Detroit Metro area. He is the first Korean… … Wikipedia
Hoon — ist der Name folgender Personen: Geoff Hoon (* 1953), britischer Jurist und Politiker (Labour) Shannon Hoon (1967–1995), US amerikanischer Rockmusiker Diese Seite ist eine Begriffsklärung zur Unterscheidung mehrerer mit demsel … Deutsch Wikipedia
Hoon Garwa — est un artiste contemporain sud coréen né à Séoul en 1982. Il vit et travaille à Milan et Séoul. Il a étudié à l Université Kyungbuk de Daegu (Corée du Sud). En 1999, il a reçu le Prix Gillepsie de l’Art asiatique. Il pratique principalement la… … Wikipédia en Français
hoon Austral./NZ — informal noun a lout. verb behave in a loutish way, especially by driving recklessly. Origin 1930s: of unknown origin … English new terms dictionary
Hoon (disambiguation) — Infobox Given Name Revised name = Hoon imagesize= caption= pronunciation= gender = meaning = region = origin = related names = footnotes = Hoon is an Australian and New Zealand colloquial term.Hoon may also refer to:* Jhun Hoon, a fictional… … Wikipedia
Hoon — The term Hoon was first used in Australia at the turn of the 20th century where it referred to a man living off immoral earnings [http://www.aic.gov.au/publications/lcj/working/ch4 5.html] (i.e. a pimp). Hoon was first used with its current… … Wikipedia
Hoon (ab-Guthatsa-ul-Rousit) — The Hoon are a fictional extraterrestrial race from David Brin s Uplift Universe.General InformationHoon are bipedal omnivores with pale scaly skin and woolly white leg fur. Their spines are massive, hollow structures that form part of their… … Wikipedia
Hoon Thien How — Infobox Badminton player playername = Hoon Thien How caption = birth name = Hoon Thien How date of birth = birth date and age|1986|12|24 place of birth = Kuala Lumpur height = height|m=1.7 weight = event = Men s doubles highest ranking = date of… … Wikipedia
hoon — da·hoon; hoon; … English syllables