- Burns & McDonnell Engineering
Burns & McDonnell is an
engineering designfirm headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri.
Burns & McDonnell is one of the leading design firms in the United States. The company provides engineering, architecture, construction, environmental and consulting services for the aviation, defense, environmental and utilities markets. The group ranks among the top 10 designers for the power industry market, and nearly 40 percent of its revenues are earned from projects for that market. In 2005 the company created a new business unit to offer
architectural, engineering and construction managementservices to the health careindustry.
Burns & McDonnell is a 100 percent
Board of Directors
*Greg Graves - President & CEO
*Joel Cerwick - Chairman of the Board & President, Regional Office Group
*Don Greenwood - President, Construction Group
*Mark Taylor - Vice President, Treasurer and CFO
*Walt Womack - President, T&D Group
Global practices are the internal business divisions of Burns & McDonnell.
*Aviation & Facilities
*Business & Technology Services
*Environmental Studies & Permitting
*Healthcare & Research Facilities
*Process & Industrial
*Transmission & Distribution
Burns & McDonnell, Consulting Engineers, was founded in 1898 by Clinton S. Burns and Robert E. McDonnell, two
Stanford Universityengineering graduates. They based their new engineering consulting firm in downtown Kansas City, Missouri. They specialized in providing clean water, reliable power and effective sewer systems to growing municipalities throughout the growing Midwest. The firm's first major project was a combined water and light plant for the city of Iola, Kan.
Burns died at age 53 in 1924, having designed more than water systems and patented railroad and sewer equipment. In 1930, the firm name was changed to Burns & McDonnell Engineering Co. McDonnell died in 1960 at age 82.
In 1942, the company began its first aviation industry project, the
Smoky Hill Army Airfield, the Salina, Kan., home of the B-29 bomber. In 1971, Burns & McDonnell was bought by Armco Steel. Burns & McDonnell acquired the C.W. Nofisinger Co. in 1983, establishing what would become the Process & Industrial division.
In 1985, employees purchased the firm. It has operated as an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) ever since.
* 1898-1924: Clinton S. Burns, co-founder
* 1898-1951: Robert E. McDonnell, president and co-founder
* 1951-1974: R.H. McDonnell, president
* 1974-1982: Raymond B. Luhnow Jr., president
* 1982-1984: Newton A. Campbell, president
* 1986-1993: Newton A. Campbell, chairman of the board
* 1984-2003: Dave G. Ruf Jr., president
* 1993-2003: Dave G. Ruf Jr., president, chairman and CEO
* 2003-present: Greg Graves, president and CEO
Kansas City World Headquarters
* 1898: Startup in the New England Life building
* 1908: Moved to the prestigious Scarritt Building
* 1915: Interstate Building at 13th and Locust
* 1933: Carmen Building on Linwood Boulevard
* 1947: 95th and Troost
* 1959: 63rd Street and Elmwood, east of
* 1996: Current world headquarters building at 9400 Ward Parkway
* 2005: Expanded into building I-435 and Holmes Road
* 2007: Expanded into building at 9201 State Line Road
* Chattanooga, Tenn.
* Dallas-Fort Worth
* Minneapolis-St. Paul
* New York Metropolitan Area
* O'Fallon, Ill.
* San Diego
* San Francisco
* St. Louis
* Wallingford, Conn.
* Washington, D.C.
* Wichita, Kan.
Bechtel, Black & Veatch Corporation, HNTB
* [http://www.hoovers.com/burns-&-mcdonnell/--ID__121172--/free-co-factsheet.xhtml Hoovers.com Factsheet] retrieved
July 5, 2006
* [http://www.burnsmcd.com Burns & McDonnell Corporate Website]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Parapsychologe — Die Parapsychologie (von griech. παρα , para, „neben“ und ψυχολογία, psychología, „Seelenkunde“) versteht sich selbst als wissenschaftlicher Forschungszweig, der angebliche psychische Fähigkeiten und ihre Ursachen sowie ein mögliches Leben nach… … Deutsch Wikipedia