- Javel - André Citroën (Paris Métro)
Infobox Paris metro
Name=Javel - André Citroën
Municipality=the 15th arrondissement of Paris
West of this station Line 10 splits into separate eastbound and westbound sections until Boulogne - Jean Jaurès station.
It was originally called Javel after the town that developed out of a hamlet called Javetz in 1485, which had a small port and boat yard. In 1785,
Claude Louis Bertholletdiscovered the active ingredient in household bleach, sodium hypochlorite. He developed a bleach from a caustic chlorine-potash solution and by 1789 he had built a bleach plant in Javel, which he sold as "eau de Javel".
In recent years the name of the car-manufacturer,
André Citroënhas been added to the station's name. A former Citroën car factory south of the station on Quai André-Citroënhas been turned into an innovative urban park, the Parc André Citroën.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.