Notre-Dame-des-Champs (Paris Métro)


Notre-Dame-des-Champs (Paris Métro)
Notre-Dame-des-Champs
Paris Métro rapid transit station
Metro Paris - Ligne 12 - Station Notre-Dame-des-Champs - Faience.jpg
Station statistics
Lines
  Metro-M.svg Paris m 12 jms.svg
Platforms 2 side platforms
Tracks 2
Other information
Opened 5 November 1910
Code 0414
Owned by RATP
Fare zone 1
Navigo Accepted
Services
Preceding station   Paris Métro   Following station
Montparnasse – Bienvenüe
Metro-M.svg Paris m 12 jms.svg

Notre-Dame-des-Champs (French pronunciation: [notʁ(ə) dam de ʃã]) is a station on line 12 of the Paris Métro in the 6th arrondissement.

Contents

History

The station opened on 5 November 1910 as part of the original section of the Nord-Sud Company's line A between Porte de Versailles and Notre-Dame-de-Lorette. On 27 March 1931 line A became line 12 of the Métro. It is named after the nearby Notre-Dame des Champs Church on the Boulevard du Montparnasse.

Station layout

The entrance to the station, and the ceramics throughout the station, have maintained the pure style of the Nord-Sud Company. The ceramics above the tunnel entrances indicating the direction of the tunnel are still present. The station's ceramics are by Boulenger & Co; they used pre-printed tiles for the tablets indicating the name of the station, as did the Gien ceramics company subsequently, but the edges of the letters are rounded not angular.

Gallery

References