- List of U.S. college mascots
__NOTOC__This is an incomplete list of U.S. college
mascots, consisting of named incarnations of live, costumed or inflatable mascots.
* Ace Purple - official mascot of the
University of EvansvillePurple Aces.
* Ace the Warhawk- official mascot of the
University of Louisiana at Monroe.
* Air Dunker- inflatable mascot of the
Murray State UniversityRacers. Cousin of Dunker.
* Albert E. Gator — the male
alligatormascot of the Florida Gators. The female version is known as Alberta, commonly used for Lady Gator athletics.
* Alphie — the costumed
wolfmascot of the University of Nevada, RenoWolf Pack.
* Archibald Eagle - official mascot of the
University of Southern Indiana.
Army Mules- three mules that act as the mascots for the United States Military Academy
* Artie the Fighting Artichoke -
artichokemascot of Scottsdale Community College. [cite news | url=http://chronicle.com/weekly/v49/i09/09a00601.htm | title=Mascot Watch | author=Bosslett, Lindsay | work=The Chronicle of Higher Education | accessdate=2007-04-08]
* Attila — the costumed
duckmascot of the Stevens Ducks.
Aubie— the costumed Tigermascot of Auburn.
* Avalanche the Golden Bear -- The costumed
bearmascot of Kutztown University of Pennsylvania.
* Awesome Eagle - costumed mascot of
Tennessee Tech UniversityGolden Eagles.
* Azul the Eagle — costumed mascot of
Florida Gulf Coast University.
Baby Jay— costumed sidekick and smaller version of Big Jay, the mascot for the Jayhawks of the University of Kansas.
* Baby Owl - second mascot of
Temple University; more of a child-friendly mascot
Baldwin the Eagle— the American bald eaglemascot of Boston College
* Bananas - The Black Bear mascot of the
University of Maine
* The Bearcat - name of
University of Cincinnatimascot.
* Beaker - name of
Morehead State Universitymascot.
* Belle — the costumed female mascot of
Mississippi State University
* Ben — the
Bulldogmascot of McPherson College
Ben Franklin- costumed mascot of the University of Pennsylvania, which looks like the real Benjamin Franklin, but wears school uniforms and sports a game face at athletic events.
* Benny — the Beaver of Oregon State
* Bernie — the costumed St. Bernard dog of
* Bevo — a live Texas Longhorn
steerthe official mascot of the Texas Longhorns.
* Big Al — the costumed
elephantmascot of the Alabama Crimson Tide
* Big Blue — a lion mascot wearing a blue king's crown representing the Old Dominion
* Big Jay — the costumed mascot of the Jayhawks of the
University of Kansas.
* Big Red — The main Fighting
Razorbackmascot of the University of Arkansas. Also the blob-like costumed mascot of the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers and the Daniel Boone like costumed mascot of the Sacred Heart UniversityPioneers.
* Big Stuff — the
eaglemascot of Winthrop University.
Bill the Goat— United States Naval Academylive goat and costumed mascot
* The Bird — costumed mascot of the
United States Air Force AcademyFalcons
* Bison — the blue
bisonmascot of Howard University
* Bison — the mascot of
Lipscomb Universityand Oklahoma Baptist University.
* Black Jack — the costumed mascot of the
United States Military Academyat West Point(Army)
* Blaze — the official
dragonmascot of the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
* Blaze — the official
maverick(stallion) mascot of the University of Texas at Arlington. [cite web|url=http://www.theshorthorn.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=983&Itemid=65|title=The Shorthorn - Mascot named Blaze ] [cite web|url=http://www.uta.edu/graphicidentity/guidelines/mascot.php|title=The UT Arlington Mascot ]
* Blitz — the official
bearcatmascot of Willamette University(OR).
Blizzard T. Husky— the huskyof Michigan Tech. The T stands for The. Blizzard can usually be seen ice skating before home hockey games.
* Blue — a live
bobcat, one of three official mascots of the University of Kentucky. Unlike the other two, he never attends home games because of his species' shy nature. He lives at the Salato Wildlife Education Center, a state-run facility in Frankfort.
* The Blue Blob — the blue fuzzy costumed mascot, is one of two official mascots for
Xavier University (Cincinnati)and is especially popular with younger fans.
* Blue Jay —
Johns Hopkins University, Polytechnic University.
* The Blue Devil — a costumed student who serves as mascot of the Duke Blue Devils.
* Bobby — the
Bearcatof Northwest Missouri State University
* Bobcat — a costumed
Bobcatmascot of New York University.
Boilermaker Special— a railroad locomotivereplica mascot (officially) of Purdue.
* Boko — The
Bobcatmascot of Texas State University.
* Boomer — the bear of
Missouri State University.
* Boomer — The
Bobcatmascot of Quinnipiac University.
* Boomer — one of the two white ponies of the
University of Oklahomathat pulls the Sooner Schooner (the other pony's name is Sooner). There is both a live pony and costumed mascot.
* Boss Hogg - The 9-foot tall inflatable
Razorbackmascot of the University of Arkansas.
* Bruiser — the costumed
bearfor the Baylor Bears & the Belmont UniversityBruins.
* Bruno — the
brown bearof Brown University.
Brutus Buckeye— the anthropomorphic buckeyemascot of The Ohio State University.
* Bucky Beaver — Nature's engineer, the mascot of
the California Institute of Technology, Caltech, in Pasadena, California
* Bucky The Parrot — the costumed parrot is mascot of
Barry Universityin Florida
* Bucky — the costumed bronc is mascot of
University of Texas - Pan Americanin Texas
* Bucky (or Bucky Bison) — the costumed bison mascot of
Bucky Badger— the lovable but mischievous badgerof the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
* Bullet — a live black
American Quarter Horsemascot of Oklahoma State University.
* Bully — both the live bulldog and the costumed bulldog mascot of Mississippi State.
*Burrowing Owl-the mascot of
Florida Atlantic University.
* Buster Bronco - The official mascot of
Boise State University
* Buster Bronco - The official mascot of
Western Michigan University
Butch T. Cougar— the cougarof Washington State. The "T" stands for "The".
* Butler Blue II - the living Bulldog mascot of
* Buzz — the costumed mascot of the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets.
* Cam the Ram — a live male
bighorn sheepthe official mascot of the Colorado State Rams. It is also the name of the costumed ram.
* Camel — the official mascot of
* Captain Chris — a costumed likeness of
Christopher Newport; the mascot of Christopher Newport University.
* Cardinal Bird — is the costumed mascot of the Cardinals from the
University of Louisville. Sometimes called Red Bird.
* CavMan, aka Chester — the official mascot of the
University of Virginia.
* Cayenne — a costumed chili pepper for the Ragin' Cajuns of Louisiana-Lafayette.
* Cecil Sagehen - the vicious winged mascot of
Pomona Collegeand Pitzer Collegein Claremont, CA
* Champ — the costumed Bobcat of
Montana State University. Also the costumed Bulldog mascot of Louisiana Tech University
* Charlie Cardinal — the cardinal mascot of
Ball State University.
* Charlie Oredigger — the official mascot of
Chief Illiniwek— the official symbol of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Fighting Illini, retired on February 21st 2007
* Chief Osceola and his horse Renegade — the official symbols of the Florida State Seminoles.
* Chip — the costumed buffalo mascot of the University of Colorado
* Clawed Z. Eagle — the costumed
eagleof American University
* Clyde The Cougar — the costumed
cougarmascot of the College of Charleston.
* Cocky — the costumed mascot of the
Jacksonville State University Gamecocks
* Cocky — the costumed mascot of the South Carolina
Colonel Ebirt- the costumed mascot of the College of William & MaryTribe. The name "Ebirt" is "Tribe" spelled backwards and is a green blob dressed in colonial garb.
* Colonel Reb — the unofficial mascot of the
Ole MissRebels. Colonel Reb was recently declared the unofficial mascot due to controversy over the nature of the mascot.
* Colonel Rock — bulldog mascot for the Western Illinois Leathernecks. Commonly goes by the nickname Rocky.
* Cosmo — the costumed
Cougarmascot of Brigham Young.
* Cowboy Joe — the live Shetland Pony mascot of the
University of Wyoming.
* The Crusader — the official mascot of the
Valparaiso Crusadersof Valparaiso University.
* Cubby — the second mascot of
Brown University. It is a young, hat wearing bear appealing to young children.
* Cy — the costumed cardinal that serves as the mascot of the Iowa State Cyclones
* Cyrus — the costumed (kilt-clad) mascot of the
DIBS(Demon In a Blue Suit) — the Blue Demon mascot of DePaul University
D'Artagnan— the captain of the Musketeers of the Guardis the mascot of Xavier University
Demon Deacon— the mascot of Wake Forest University
* Diego — the mascot of
University of San Diego
* Donald Duck — the mascot of the
Oregon Ducksfor the University of Oregon[cite web|url=http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=500&ATCLID=153778|title=The Duck - GoDucks.com—The University of Oregon Official Athletics Web Site ]
Duke Dog— the costumed mascot of the James Madison Dukes
* Doc — the costumed mascot of Towson Tigers
* Dominic — the Rambouillet Ram Mascot of
Angelo State University
* Don — the mastodon of
Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne
* The Don - the mascot of the
University of San Francisco
* Duncan - the dolphin mascot of
* Dunker — the horse mascot of
Murray State University
* Eddie the Eagle — mascot of
* Eli the Eagle — mascot of
Oral Roberts University
* Ellsworth the Golden Eagle — the mascot of
* The Explorer — the mascot of
La Salle Universityfrom the La Salle Explorers
* Eutectic — the mascot of
St. Louis College of Pharmacy
* The Falcon - name of the United States Air Force Academy Mascot
* The Fighting Okra - name of the unofficial mascot of
Delta State University. Has been featured in David Letterman's "Top Ten Worst Mascots List".
Freddie and Frieda Falcon— costumed mascots of the Bowling Green State UniversityFalcons
* Freddy Falcon - Mascot of the
University of Wisconsin-River FallsFalcons
* Friar Boy- Mascot of
* Flash — Mascot of the
Kent State UniversityGolden Flashes
* Flying C --Mascot of the
Central Michigan UniversityChippewas
* Gael Force 1 - The knight mascot of
Saint Mary's College of California.
* Gaylord- the
Camelmascot of Campbell University
* General Scott - one of 3 live mule mascots for Army
* George - The Colonial mascot of
The George Washington University
* Gladys- the
Squirrelmascot of Mary Baldwin College
* Golden Eagle — Marquette Golden Eagles
* Glycerin - Female Knight Mascot of the
University of Central Florida. The female companion to Knightro
* Golden Griffin - a
Griffinas a mascot for Canisius College
* The Golden Knight - a costumed student representing
University of Central Floridawho rides a white horse, Pegasus
Goldy the Gopher— University of Minnesota
* Gompei — the bronzed head of a now deceased
goatthe mascot of Worcester Polytechnic Institute
* The Governor— mascot of
Austin Peay University
Gunrockthe Mustang — University of California Davis
* Gunston — a green creature with a colonial tri-cornered hat named after
Gunston Hallthe colonial-period home of the namesake of George Mason University
* Gus the
Eagle— Georgia Southern University
* Gus the
Gorilla— Pittsburg State University
* Gussie- the live
Northern Goshawkmascot of SUNY New Paltz
Hairy Dawg— a person costumed as a bulldog, University of Georgia"(See also Uga below)"
Handsome Dan— a live bulldogthe official mascot of the Yale [http://yalebulldogs.collegesports.com/trads/mascot.html Bulldogs] and the first mascot adopted by a university in the USA
* Harry — the husky mascot of the
University of Washington
* The Hawk — a costumed student who serves as mascot of the Saint Joseph's Hawks; the mascot flaps its "wings" without interruption (even during halftime) throughout SJU basketball games
Herbie Husker— the costumed mascot of the University of Nebraska
Herky the Hawk— the costumed hawk mascot of the University of Iowa
* Herky the Hornet - the costumed
hornetmascot of Sacramento State
* Hey Reb — the costumed mascot of the
University of Nevada, Las Vegasteams the Rebels (the basketball team is called the Runnin' Rebels).
Hokie Bird— is the costumed mascot of Virginia Tech.
* Hoot — the mascot of the
* Hooter — is the costumed Owl mascot of
* Hook'em — is the costumed Longhorn mascot of
The University of Texas.
* Hoppy — is the costumed Bluejay mascot of
Johns Hopkins University.
* Hornets — is the costumed mascot of
Emporia State University.
* Howie the Hawk - the costumed mascot of the
University of Hartford
* Howl the Red Wolf - the newest costumed mascot of the
Arkansas State University.
* Ichabod — the mascot of
Washburn Universityrepresenting its namesake's first name.
* Iggy the Lion — mascot of
Loyola Marymount University.
Jack the Bulldog— a live Bulldogof the Georgetown Hoyas. There is a costumed mascot with the same name.
* Jay and Baby Jay — are costumed "" mascots of the
University of Kansasthat are a mythical cross between a blue jayand a sparrowhawk.
* Jinx the Jaguar — the costumed
jaguarmascot of IUPUI
* Joe Bruin and Josephine Bruin — the Bruins of UCLA
* Joe Miner — the pickaxe, pistol, and
slide rule-toting mascot of Missouri S&T
* Joe Vandal — the costumed
Vandalmascot of the University of Idaho.
* Jonathan — the
huskymascot of the University of Connecticut
* Judge — the live black bear mascot of
Baylor University. The name is also given to the inflatable costumed mascot.
* Jumbo — the
elephantmascot of Tufts University
* Junior Smokey — the second costumed blue tick hound mascot of the
University of Tennesseethat looks younger than the original costumed Smokey (see below), but considers himself as his brother.
* Kasey the
Kangaroo- University of Missouri-Kansas City's costumed mascot.
Keggy the Keg— of Dartmouth College(unofficial, proposed by the "Jack-o-Lantern" humor magazine).
* Killian the Gael - The mascot of
Knightro— the costumed Knightof the University of Central Florida.
* King Husky — the Husky of Northeastern University.
* Klawz Da Bear — the costumed bear of the
University of Northern Colorado.
* Lafitte — the costumed alligator in pirate garb that is the mascot of the
University of New OrleansPrivateers.
* LeeRoy the Tiger - the costumed mascot of
Trinity University (Texas).
* Leo and Una - two live
lionmascots of the University of North AlabamaLions.
Leprechaun— the mascot of the Notre Dame Fighting Irish
* Lightning — the costumed blue
Pegasus-like creature that is the mascot for the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders
Lil' Red— the inflatable-costumed boy mascot of the University of Nebraska–Lincoln
* Lord Jeff — the costumed student mascot depicting the school's namesake at
* LU Bison - the costumed bison mascot of
* Lou Wolf — a live
wolfthe official mascot of the Loyola-Chicago Ramblers; got a major facelift in 2001
Louie the Laker— mascot of Grand Valley State University
* Louie Lobo — the costumed wolf mascot of the
University of New Mexico
* Louie the Lumberjack — mascot of
Northern Arizona University
* Lucy Lobo - the costumed female wolf companion to Louie Lobo of the
University of New Mexico
* Lulu - female
Bulldogmascot of Gardner-Webb University
* Mac T. Bulldog
Bulldogmale mascot of Gardner-Webb University
* Magnus - the current mascot of
Cleveland State University
* Marauder - official mascot of
Millersville University(a marauder is a land pirate)
* Marco — the costumed Buffalo mascot of the Marshall Thundering Herd
* Mario the Magnificent Dragon — the official mascot of the Drexel Dragons
* Marvin the Miner -
Colorado School of Mines
The Masked Rider- one of the official mascots of the Texas Tech Red Raiders
Mike the Tiger— live Bengal Tigermascot of the LSU Tigers, as well as the costumed tiger mascot.
* Mingus — the costumed jazz cat — official mascot for
Berklee College of Music.
* Mingo — the costumed
Huskymascot of Houston Baptist University.
* Miss Pawla— a costumed jaguaress of the
University of South Alabama. She is the girlfriend of Southpaw (see below).
* Mr. C (full name: Mr. Commodore) — the costumed Commodore mascot of
* Mr. Wuf and Mrs. Wuf — the costumed wolf mascots of the North Carolina State Wolfpack.
* MoHarv - the Golden Eagle mascot of the
University of Charlestonin Charleston, West Virginia.
* Mo the Mule — the official mascot of
University of Central Missouri
* Monte the
Grizzly bear— University of Montana
* Montezuma the Aztec Warrior —
San Diego State University
* Monty the Eagle —
* The Mountaineer — a
West Virginia Universitystudent who dresses in pioneer costume as the school's mascot
* Musty the Mustang - the mascot of
California Polytechnic State University
* Nitro the Knight — the official mascot of the FDU Knights
* The Nittany Lion — mascot of the Penn State Nittany Lions
* Norm the Niner — the official mascot of the
University of North Carolina at Charlotte
* The Norse — mascot of
Northern Kentucky University"'
* Objee the bear — the
Coast Guard Academy's costumed mascot and, until 1984, a live bear kept on campus.
* Ollie the owl —
Brandeis University's mascot, wearing a mortarboard (as the nickname is the Judges).
Oski— the costumed mascot of the California Golden Bears.
* Otto the Orange — the mascot of
* Owsley — the costumed, burrowing owl mascot of
Florida Atlantic University.
* Ozzie — the costumed
ospreymascot of the University of North Florida.
* Pass — the costumed mascot of
Furman University, who rides the white horse Goliath
* Paws — official costumed mascot of the
Western Carolina UniversityCatamounts.
* Paws — mascot of Northeastern University Huskies.
* Paydirt Pete — a costumed student who serves as a mascot for
University of Texas at El Paso
* PeeDee the Pirate — a costumed student who serves as mascot for
East Carolina University
Peruna— A Shetland Ponywho represents the Southern Methodist UniversityMustangs
* Pete & Penny — two
Emperor Penguins dressed in scarfs and stocking caps for Youngstown State University
* Peter the
Anteater— the mascot based on the "ZOT!"-noise-emitting animal from the comic strip B.C. at the University of California Irvine
* Petey the Stormy
Petrel— the costumed mascot of Oglethorpe University[http://www.oglethorpe.edu/athletics/Petey/]
* Phoenix — the costumed mascot of
Elon University(formerly the Fightin'Christians) and of The University of Chicago(nickname the Maroons).
* Pioneer Pete — a costumed student who serves as mascot of California State University, East Bay (Hayward, CA)
* Pirate — the mascot of the Seton Hall Pirates at Seton Hall & also
Hampton University's nickname of their athletic department and mascot.
* Pistol Pete — a costumed student who serves as mascot of the Oklahoma State Cowboys as well as the costumed mascots of the
University of Wyomingand New Mexico State University.
* Polar Bear — the mascot of
* Pork Chop -- the kid-sized junior
Razorbackmascot of the University of Arkansas
* Pouncer — the costumed tiger mascot of
University of Memphis
* Pounce the Blue Panther — the mascot of
Georgia State University
* Pounce the Panther — the new (for 2007-08) mascot of the UW-Milwaukee Panthers. It is also the official Panther mascot of
Purdue University North Centralsince 2003. [cite web|url=http://www.pnc.edu/athletics/pounce.html|title=Panther Mascot - Athletics - Purdue North Central ]
* Power Cat — the tiger mascot of the University of the Pacific
* Prospector Pete — the inflated balloon mascot of
Long Beach State
* Prowler — the Panther the official mascot of
Eastern Illinois University
* Purple Cow — the gold-spotted gender-confused mascot of
* Purple Knight — The staff carrying Purple Knight is the mascot of
Saint Michael's College
* Puckman — the animated hard-hat wearing walking
hockey puckmascot of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
* Purdue Pete — official costumed mascot of
* Q — popular name of Spike Q. Gonzaga, a live bulldog, one of two official mascots of
Gonzaga University. The "Q" is in honor of former Gonzaga basketball player Quentin Hall.
* Quakers - the name of the athletic department of
*Racer 1- live horse mascot during football games for
Murray State University
* Raider - one of 3 live mule mascots for Army and the mascot of
Raider Red— one of the official mascots of the Texas Tech Red Raiders
* Rally — the mascot of the
University of VermontCatamounts.
Ralphie— a live American Bisonthe official mascot of the Colorado Buffaloes
Rambling Wreck- the 1930 Ford Model A Sports Coupe mascot of Georgia Tech
Rameses— a live ram that serves as the mascot for the North Carolina Tar Heels. It is also the name of the costumed mascot.
* Rammy — the mascot for
West Chester University of Pennsylvania.
* Ranger II - one of 3 live mule mascots for Army
* Razor the Shark -
Nova Southeastern University
Reggie Redbird— Illinois State University
* Reveille — a live
colliethat serves as the mascot for the Texas A&M Aggies and is taken care of by the Corps of Cadets
Rhett the Boston Terrier— the Boston Terrierrepresenting Boston University
Rhody the Ram- University of Rhode Island
* Ribby — The
Razorbackmascot for the University of Arkansas baseballteam.
* RITchie the Tiger — the mascot for the
Rochester Institute of Technology.
* Riptide — the costumed Pelican mascot of
* Roar-ee the Lion - the official mascot of
Columbia University. Created in October 2005.
* Roary the Panther — the official mascot of the
Florida International University Golden Panthers
* ROC the Panther — the costumed mascot of the Pittsburgh Panthers.
* Rocky — the mascot for
Widener University(Pa.). (Retired October 7, 2006. New mascot to be announced) [http://www.widener.edu/admissions/news/news_story.asp?iNewsID=296&strBack=%2FDefault.asp]
* Rocky — a costumed
yellowjacket, the official mascot of the University of Rochester
Rocky the Bull— the mascot for the University of South Florida.
* Rocky II the Lion — mascot for the
Slippery Rock University of PennsylvaniaPride.
* Rocky the Rocket — mascot of the
University of Toledo.
* Rodney the Ram — the mascot of
Virginia Commonwealth University.
* Rosie — the costumed
elephantmascot of the Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology"Fightin' Engineers."
* Roomie the Lion — mascot of the
Southeastern Louisiana University.
* Roongo the Husky — is the mascot for
Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania.
* Rowdy — an unofficial mascot of
Purdue University(for official mascot — see Boilermaker Special)
* Rowdy - a Roadrunner that is the costumed mascot of
California State University, Bakersfield(CSUB). [http://www.gorunners.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=13300&ATCLID=690185&SPID=6886&SPSID=65636]
* Rowdy — a Roadrunner that is the mascot for the
University of Texas at San Antonio.
* Rowdy Raider — is the mascot for Wright State. It used to be a Viking, but was changed to a wolf in 1997.
* Rowdy the Riverhawk — is the mascot for UMass Lowell.
* Rowdy the Red Hawk — is the mascot for
Southeast Missouri State University
* Rudy Flyer — is the mascot for the
University of Dayton
* Ruckus — the
Red-tailed Hawkmascot of University of Denver
* Rufus — the
Bobcatmascot for Ohio University.
Saluki Dog— live animal mascot of the Southern Illinois Salukis
Sam the Minuteman— Massachusetts Minutemen and Minutewomen
* Sammie Seminole - The athletic logo for
The Florida State University
* Sammy Seahawk — of UNC Wilmington
* Sammy Spartan — of
Manchester College, North Manchester Indiana
Sammy the Owl— of Rice University
* Sammy the Slug — a
banana slugis the mascot of UC Santa Cruz. Sammy was named Reader's Digestbest college mascot for 2004.
* Sammy and Samantha Bearkat — mascots of
Sam Houston State University.
* Sasha - The University of Houston's female mascot.
* The Scarlet Knight — of
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
* Scrappy — the eagle mascot of the North Texas Mean Green
* Scrappy — a costumed
anthropomorphizedmockingbird the mascot of the Chattanooga Mocs
* Scrappy — The owl mascot of
Kennesaw State University
* Scratch — a student in wildcat costume who is one of three official mascots of the
University of Kentucky, two of which attend games. Scratch is a more child-friendly version of "The Wildcat", the other mascot that attends games.
* Screech A. Eagle - official mascot of
Northwestern College (Minnesota).
* Scottie — the scottie dog mascot of Agnes Scott College
* Scotty the Bear — A tartan clad highlander bear representing the
University of California, Riverside.
* Scrotie — of the
Rhode Island School of Design
Sebastian the Ibis— the costumed mascot of the Miami Hurricanes. The Florida ibisaccording to folklore is the last bird to leave the area before a hurricaneand the first bird to come back after the storm. "Sebastian" once carried a corn-cob pipe in its beak.
* Seymour D'Campus — costumed mascot of Southern Miss
* Shadow — costumed mascot of
* The Shark — mascot of UNLV. While the school's teams are named the Rebels (Runnin' Rebels for men's basketball only) the mascot is a shark in honor of former men's basketball coach
Jerry Tarkaniannicknamed "The Shark".
* Shasta — the mascot of the University of Houston's
Houston Cougars- a live cougar for many years; currently a costumed anthropomorphic cougar.
* Shooter — The second generation Red Fox Mascot for
* Sir Big Spur - a live
roosterat the University of South Carolina since 2006[http://media.www.dailygamecock.com/media/storage/paper247/news/2006/12/08/News/Just-Call.Him.Sir-2529353.shtml]
* Skully - giant red parrot sidekick of the official "Marauder" mascot of
* Skully — Unofficial mascot of the East Carolina Pirates
* Smokey — a live bluetick coonhound, the official mascot for the Tennessee Volunteers. The name is also applied to the costumed mascot.
* Sooner — one of the two white ponies of the
University of Oklahomathat pulls the Sooner Schooner (the other pony's name is Boomer). There is both a live pony and costumed mascot.
Sooner Schooner- a scale replica of a Conestogawagon pulled by two ponies and driven by the RUF/NEKSof the University of Oklahoma.
* Southpaw- a costumed jaguar of the
University of South Alabama.
* Sparky — the maroon and gold devil mascot of the Arizona State Sun Devils
* Sparky — the eagle mascot of the
Liberty UniversityFlames. The name also applies to the dragon mascot of the Illinois-Chicago Flames.
Sparty— the mascot of Michigan State Universitya comical representation of a Spartan hoplite soldier clad in green with an elongated head. Extremely buff but does not talk much. [cite web|url=http://www.msusaf.com/Sparty_Mascot_Program/|title=MSU Student Alumni Foundation - Sparty Mascot Program ]
* Spidey — the spider mascot of the Richmond Spiders
* Spike — the name given to several costume
bulldogmascots including Gonzaga [http://askspike.gonzaga.edu/aboutspike.aspx] , Samford [http://www.samford.edu/groups/athletics/spike/] ,The Citadel Drake as well as the inflatably costumed mascot of the University of Georgia
* The Stag — the costumed mascot of
Stanford Tree— a dancing coniferof indeterminate species official mascot of Stanford Band unofficial mascot of Stanford University.
* Stanley the Stag- the costumed mascot for the men's teams of the combined athletic program of
Harvey Mudd, Scripps, and Claremont McKennaColleges.
* The Statesman - the official mascot of
Delta State University.
* Superfrog — the costumed horned toad mascot of TCU
* Sue E. Pig - The female
Razorbackmascot of the University of Arkansas.
* Swoop — the costumed mascot of the
University of UtahUtes. "Swoop" is a red-tailed hawk, which is a bird native to the state of Utah.
* Swoop — the costumed mascot of
Eastern Washington Universityand Emory University- both are eagles.
* Swoop — the costumed mascot of the
Eastern Michigan UniversityEagles. "Swoop" is a bald eagle whose distingiuishing characteristic is his fighting stance where he tends to poke his chest out in pure confidence.
* Swoop the RedHawk — the costumed mascot of
* Sycamore Sam — the happy forest animal costume of no particular species but looks like a blue
foxor dog; mascot of the Indiana State Sycamores.
* T.C. —costumed mascot of the
University of Northern IowaPanthers
* Tech - a live bulldog mascot of
Louisiana Tech University
Temoc— a costumed cometof the University of Texas at Dallas.
* Texan Rider — a costumed
cowboyof the Tarleton State University.
* Testudo — a costumed Diamondback Terrapin of the
University of Maryland College Park.
* Thor — the
thunderbirdmascot of Southern Utah University.
* Thresher — the threshing stone mascot of Bethel College.
* Thundercat - the physical embodiment of the
Southern Nazarene Crimson Storm.
* The Tiger — the mascot of
Princeton University; the first collegiate mascot and subject of the first organized, recorded cheerleading cheer in 1884.Citation | last=Neil | first=Randy L. | last2=Hart | first2 =Elaine | title=The Official Cheerleader's Handbook | publisher = Simon & Schuster| year =1986 | edition =Revised Fireside Edition 1986 | isbn =0-671-61210-7] Name reaffirmed as The Tiger in a 2007 referendum with widespread opposition to giving the mascot a name [cite web|url=http://www.dailyprincetonian.com/archives/2007/09/11/news/18534.shtml|title=Mascot revamped but still 'The Tiger' - The Daily Princetonian ]
* The Tiger — the mascot of
Tim the Beaver— the mascot of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
* Timeout — the costumed Bulldog mascot of Fresno State
* Toby — the costumed
bearmascot of Mercer University.
* Tom the Tiger — a live tiger, son of Tom Sr. of the
University of Memphis
* Tommy Titan -the mascot of the University of Detroit Mercy.
* Tommy Mo — the costumed
Saintsmascot of Thomas More College.
* Topper the Hilltopper — the mascot of
St. Edward's University
* Touchdown — also known as the Big Red Bear the official mascot of
Cornell Universitywas a live bear from 1915 to 1939 when it was replaced with a costume.
* Tough Louie - the lumberjack mascot of
Northern Arizona University.
* Traveler — a live white horse the mascot of the
University of Southern Californiawho appears during all home football games.
* Triton - the mascot of
University of California at San Diego
*True Grit - the mascot of the
University of Maryland, Baltimore County.
Truman the Tiger— the mascot of the University of Missouriand named for former U.S. president Harry S Truman.
* Tuffy — the costumed elephant of the Cal State Fullerton Titans.
* Tusk — the live mascot of the
University of Arkansas.
* Tyler the Tiger — the costumed tiger mascot of
* Vic the Demon — the mascot of
Northwestern State University
* Victor E. Bear — the mascot of The
University of Central Arkansas
* Victor E. Bull — the bull of the University at Buffalo
* Victor E. Huskie — the mascot of
Northern Illinois University
* Victor E. Panther — the former (graduated/retired) mascot of the Milwaukee Panthers
* Victor E. Viking — the mascot of
Portland State University
* Vili - the mascot of
University of Hawaii
* Vike - the former mascot of
Cleveland State University
* Vixen - the mascot of
Sweet Briar College
* Waldo — the wildcat mascot of
Weber State University.
* War Eagle VI — the
golden eaglemascot of Auburn University.
* Wilbur Wildcat and Wilma Wildcat — the married costumed mascots of the
University of Arizona.
Wild E. Cat— the official costumed Wildcat mascot of the University of New Hampshire.
* The Wildcat — a costumed student who is one of three official mascots of the
University of Kentucky, two of which attend games. It is also the mascot of Davidson College, but is also named Mr. Cat.
* Will D. Cat — the costumed wildcat of
* Willie Warhawk- the costumed hawk mascot of the
University of Wisconsin-Whitewater.
* Willie the Wave--the costumed mascot of
Willie the Wildcat— the costumed wildcat mascot of Northwestern Universityand Kansas State University. Despite having the same name, the two have very different appearances.
* Willy the Wildcat -- the mascot of
Northern Michigan University.
* Wolfie — the mascot of
Stony Brook Universityand Western Oregon University.
* Wolfie (Jr.) — the second costumed
wolfmascot of the University of Nevada, RenoWolf Pack. Was the original mascot until 1999, but was reintroduced in 2007 with a younger, less menacing face. Rumored to be the original with a facelift.
* WuShock — an anthropomorphic shock of wheat; the mascot of
Wichita State University.
* Yellow Jacket — (CU) the costumed mascot of
* YoUDee — (UD) the Blue Hen a costumed mascot of the
University of Delaware. [http://www.udel.edu/PR/YoUDee/ YoUDee]
* Yosef — (ASU) the Mountaineer a costumed mascot of the
Appalachian State University.
* Zippy the Kangaroo — female mascot of
University of Akron
List of colleges by mascot
* [http://www.mascot.net/ Mascot.net] College mascot resource
* [http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2005-02-13-tenworstjobs-mascots-yarbrough_x.htm USAToday lists various mascot facts]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
List of college mascots in the United States — This is an incomplete list of U.S. college mascots, consisting of named incarnations of live, costumed or inflatable mascots. For team names, see List of college sports team nicknames. Contents: Top · 0–9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R… … Wikipedia
List of U.S. college team nicknames — NOTOC This is an incomplete list of U.S. college nicknames.If two nicknames are given, the first is for men s teams and the second for women s teams, unless otherwise noted.The 12 most used names of four year college mascots: Eagles (74), Tigers… … Wikipedia
List of mascots — Here is a list of several known mascots:College mascots* See List of colleges by mascot * See List of U.S. college mascots, which lists the names of college mascotsComputing mascots* Aleoh the Whyville bird *Belenos, sun god of Belenix *BSD… … Wikipedia
List of colleges by mascot — This incomplete list identifies American colleges based on their respective mascots.0 949ers*Charlotte (Charlotte, NC) *Long Beach State (Long Beach, CA)AAggies*Cameron (Lawton, OK) *Delaware Valley (Doylestown, PA) *New Mexico State (Las Cruces … Wikipedia
List of colloquial names for universities and colleges in the United States — NOTOC Because of the large number of universities and colleges in the United States, and in some cases to because of their lengthy formal names, it is common to abbreviate their names in everyday usage. Most simply, the type of institution, such… … Wikipedia
List of ethnic sports team and mascot names — The following is a list of sports team names and mascots derived from ethnic groups of peoples , including generically used terms, those named after specific peoples, and words or iconography derived from different languages or traditions.There… … Wikipedia
List of Late Night with Conan O'Brien sketches — For a list of sketches that debuted on The Tonight Show with Conan O Brien, see List of The Tonight Show with Conan O Brien sketches. The following is a list of sketches which debuted on Late Night with Conan O Brien on NBC. Contents 1 Late Night … Wikipedia
College athletics — Athletic Performance Pyramid for the U.S. College athletics refers primarily to sports and athletic competition organized and funded by institutions of tertiary education (universities, or colleges in American English). In the United States,… … Wikipedia
College GameDay (football) — College GameDay previous logo used from 2005 2009 Format College Football Starring Chris Fowler Lee Corso Kirk Herbstreit … Wikipedia
List of sports team names and mascots derived from indigenous peoples — The following is a list of sports team names and mascots derived from indigenous peoples, including generically used terms, those named after specific peoples, and words or iconography derived from indigenous languages or traditions. Also see,… … Wikipedia