- Middle Park, Victoria
Middle Park Hotel (formerly Gunn Island Hotel), on the corner of Canterbury Road and Armstrong Street
Population: 4,012 (2006) Established: 1870s Postcode: 3206 Area: 0.9 km² (0.3 sq mi) Location: 5 km (3 mi) from Melbourne LGA: City of Port Phillip State District: Albert Park Federal Division: Melbourne Ports Suburbs around Middle Park: Albert Park South Melbourne South Yarra Middle Park South Yarra Hobsons Bay St Kilda
Middle Park is a suburb in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 5 km south from Melbourne's central business district. Its Local Government Area is the City of Port Phillip. At the 2006 Census, Middle Park had a population of 4012. In the same census only 82 were unemployed.
It is bordered by Canterbury Road to the north, Mills Street to the north-west, Fraser Street to the south-west and Beaconsfield Parade to the south.
Middle Park, along with neighbouring Albert Park contains some of the best preserved terrace house and Victorian architecture in Melbourne and is part of a strict heritage-conservation area. Many of the terraces line Canterbury Road along the former railway line which now has several more tram light rail stops since it was converted to tram use in 1987. Others are along the main shopping street, Armstrong Street. The fine old buildings and development restrictions in the area and new developments are generally sympathetic to the prevailing style, driving up real-estate prices dramatically, in marked contrast with neighbouring St Kilda.
- Middle Park Hotel is a large Victorian hotel building on the corner of Canterbury Road and Armstrong Street. Built in 1889, it features wrought-iron lacework. The building was modified in the 1950s: decorative urns were removed, new doors were added, and windows were bricked up. Following a refurbishment in 2001, it was renamed the Gunn Island Hotel, in a reference to the island within nearby Albert Park Lake. Following another refurbishment in 2009, the hotel resumed trading under its original name. It provides bars, dining and accommodation facilities
- Carmelite Roman Catholic Church
- Middle Park Primary School
- Jackson's on Middle Park (Bed & Breakfast)
- City of South Melbourne - the former local government area of which Middle Park was a part
- ^ Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Middle Park (State Suburb)". 2006 Census QuickStats. http://www.censusdata.abs.gov.au/ABSNavigation/prenav/LocationSearch?collection=Census&period=2006&areacode=SSC21449&producttype=QuickStats&breadcrumb=PL&action=401. Retrieved 2007-09-29.
- ^ , accessed 23 February 2010
Suburbs of the City of Port Phillip | Melbourne | Victoria
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
Middle Park — may refer to: Middle Park, Victoria, a suburb of Melbourne in Australia Middle Park (stadium), a former football (soccer) stadium located in Melbourne, Australia Middle Park, Queensland, a suburb of Brisbane in Australia Middle Park (Colorado… … Wikipedia
Middle Park (stadium) — Middle Park Former names None Location Albert Park, Melbourne Opened … Wikipedia
Albert Park, Victoria — Infobox Australian Place name = Albert Park caption = Albert Park foreshore, near Kerferd Road state = vic type = suburb lga = City of Port Phillip area = 3.2 city = Melbourne est = 1860s postcode = 3206 pop = 5,827 (2006)Census 2006 AUS | id =… … Wikipedia
Victoria Park, Cardiff — Victoria Park is a public park in the Canton district of Cardiff in south Wales at Cowbridge Road West.As its name suggests, it is a traditional Victorian era park named after Queen Victoria and has retained much of its original charm. The park… … Wikipedia
Victoria Harbour (British Columbia) — For other uses, see Victoria Harbour (disambiguation). Not to be confused with Port Victoria or Port of Victoria. Victoria Harbour Aer … Wikipedia
Victoria University, Toronto — Victoria University Motto Abeunt studia in mores Motto in English Studies pass into character Established October 12, 1836 … Wikipedia
Victoria Falls — Location Livingstone, Zambia Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe Coordinates … Wikipedia
Victoria Park, Auckland — Victoria Park is a park and sports ground in Auckland City, New Zealand. It lies on reclaimed bay land in Freemans Bay, a suburb directly west of the Auckland CBD. This origin of the land makes it very flat and level. However, it does not have… … Wikipedia
Victoria Park, Leamington Spa — Victoria Park is a public park in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, England. It is situated about half a mile west of the town centre and is on the south bank of the River Leam. The total area of the park as it stands today is eighteen and a half… … Wikipedia
Victoria's Secret Fashion Show — Victoria s Secret Angels … Wikipedia