- Concert T-shirt
A concert T-shirt is a T-shirt that is associated with a concert or a concert tour, usually rock or metal. Bands and musical groups often promote themselves by creating and selling or giving away T-shirts at their shows, tours, and events. A concert T-shirt typically contains silk screened graphics of the name, logo, or image of a musical performer. One popular graphic on the rear of the T-shirts is a listing of information about the band's current tour, including tour cities (sometimes specifying venues) and corresponding dates.
- ^ Shull, Chris, "Stones Notes" Wichita Eagle, 2 October 2006.
- ^ "Touring bands soaked up the cost of their lights and lasers with extensive merchandising, like tour programs, scarves, and the ever-present official black concert T-shirts with tour dates printed on the back," Ian Christe, Sound of the Beast: The Complete Headbanging History of Heavy Metal (Harper Collins, 2003), p71.The black concert T-shirt is a fashion trend of rock concert attendees originating in the 1970s and continuing today.
- ^ Deena Weinstein, Heavy Metal: The Music and Its Culture, (Da Capo Press, 2000) p. 139.
- James, John M.,"Pixies once again dust the music scene" Cincinnati CityBeat (Cincinnati, OH), 21 April 2004
- Overman, Ogi, "So you wanna be a rock 'n' roll star..." Yes Weekly (Greensboro, NC), 2006
- Cronin, Steven V. "Rolling Stones start ’em up at Boardwalk Hall in A.C." Press of Atlantic City (Atlantic City, NJ), 2006
- Tshirt Slayer "Gallery of heavy metal concert tshirts and battle jackets"
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
concert T-shirt — noun A T shirt, often sold as a souvenier at musical concerts featuring rock groups, containing images and information about the performing artist or band, the tour the performer(s) may be on, and tour dates and venues. , Many bands make more… … Wiktionary
Concert of Colors — is an annual music festival held in Detroit, Michigan presented by New Detroit, Inc., the Arab Community Center for Economic and Social Services (ACCESS), Arab American National Museum and the Detroit Symphony Orchestra. Founded in 1993, this… … Wikipedia
T-shirt — For the Shontelle song, see T Shirt (song). A man wearing a T shirt … Wikipedia
T-shirt — noun A lightweight shirt without buttons, with short sleeves and no collar. Often made of cotton and frequently bears a picture or slogan. Many bands make more money from T shirt sales than from sale of tickets. See Also: been there, done that,… … Wiktionary
Clean Shirt — Studio album by Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson Released June 1991 … Wikipedia
Akina Shirt — Infobox Artist bgcolour = name = Akina Shirt imagesize = caption = Performing at a Calgary Flames game birthname = birthdate = birth date and age|1994|7|13 location = Edmonton, Alberta deathdate = deathplace = nationality = Canadian field =… … Wikipedia
Holy Wood (In the Shadow of the Valley of Death) — Holy Wood (In the Shadow of the Valley of Death) … Wikipedia
The More It Hurts, The More It Works — Infobox Album Name = The More It Hurts, The More It Works Type = studio Artist = Watershed Released = 2002 Recorded = Genre = Rock, Power pop Length = 38:55 Label = Idol Records/Carney Records Producer = Tim Patalan Reviews = Last album = Star… … Wikipedia
Sydney Adventist College — Infobox Aust school private name = Sydney Adventist College established = 1919 type = Independent, Co educational, Day School denomination = Seventh Day Adventist slogan = Nurture for Today, Learning for Tomorrow, Character for Eternity. key… … Wikipedia
Crystal Ball (album set) — Crystal Ball Studio album by Prince Released January 29, 1998 … Wikipedia