- Dinajpur Medical College
দিনাজপুর মেডিকেল কলেজ Established 1991 Type Public Students 900 Location Dinajpur,, Bangladesh Campus Urban, Nickname DjMC Affiliations Rajshahi University Website http://www.dinajmc.org
Dinajpur Medical College (DjMC) is a government medical college in Bangladesh, established in 1991. It is located in the Dinajpur district of the Rangpur division and associated with Rajshahi University.
It offers five-year medical education course leading to MBBS. One-year internship after graduation is compulsory for all graduates. The degree is recognised by the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council.
Dinajpur Medical College admits 150 students into the MBBS degree programme yearly under the government medical admission test. The admission test is conducted centrally by Director of Medical Education under DGHS (nearly 45,000 applicants sat for the medical college entrance examination in Bangladesh). For foreign students, admission is through the Embassy of Bangladesh in respective countries.
15 batches have passed from this medical college successfully.
The college has all the major branches of medical education including
- Anatomy: Head of the department: Prof. Dr. Kanta Roy Rimi
- Physiology: Head of the department: Prof. Dr. Md Mominul Hoque
- Biochemistry: Head of the department: Asst Prof. Dr. Zashim Uddin Mridha
- Community Medicine: Head of the department: Asst Prof. Dr. Subir Kumar Sarker
- Pharmacology: Head of the department: Prof. Dr. Abul Hasanat Ferdous
- Forensic Medicine: Head of the department: Asst Prof. Dr. Mir Hamde Samey
- Pathology: Head of the department: Asst Prof. Dr. Ruhini Kumar Das
- Microbiology: Head of the department: Asst Prof. Dr. Md. Abdur Rahman
- Medicine: Head of the department: Prof. Dr. Md. Rajibul Alam
- Surgery: Head of the department: Prof. Dr. Moudud Hossain Alamgir
- Cardiology: Head of the department: Prof. Dr. Syed Azijul Haque
- Pediatrics: Head of the department: Asst Prof. Dr. SM Wares Ali Sarker
- Ophthalmology: Head of the department: Asst Prof. Dr. Tanjila Alam
- Anesthesiology: Head of the department: Prof. Dr. Md. Hasibul Hossain
- ENT: Head of the department: Prof. Dr. Sabah Uddin Ahmed
- Dentistry: Head of the department: Prof. Dr. Khurshiduzzaman
- Blood transfusion: Head of the department: Prof. Dr. Md. Abdul Gafur Mondal
- Radiology: Head of the department: Asst Prof. Dr. Shibesh Sarker
- Gynaecology & Obstetrics: Head of the department: Prof. Dr. Md. Faisal Alam
- Respiratory Medicine: Head of the department: Prof. Dr. Atiqur Rahman
- Neuromedicine: Head of the department: Asst Prof. Dr. Md. Mahbubul Alam
- Physical Medicine: Head of the department: Asst Prof. Dr. Md. Moniruzzaman
- Dermatology: Head of the department: Asst Prof. Dr. Md. Mahmudul Hoq Sarker
- Psychiatry: Head of the department: Asst Prof. Dr. Md. Rafiqul Islam
- Gastroenterology: Head of the department: Asst Prof. Dr. Md. Mahbub Rahman
- Urology: Head of the department: Asst Prof. Dr. Md. Jahid Hasan
- Orthopaedic: Head of the department: Prof. Dr. Md. Hamidul Hoque Khandker
- Paediatric surgery: Head of the department: Asst Prof. Dr. S M Borhan Uddin
In the year 1978-79 Bangladesh government planned to establish medical colleges at Bogra, Comilla, Dinajpur, Faridpur, Kustia, Khulna, Noakhali and Pabna with a view to improve the healthcare services in the country. Keeping this view in mind in the year 1980-81 medical colleges were started functioning at Comilla, Khulna, Pabna and IPGMR (Dhaka). Subsequently the programme was abandoned and the students were shifted to the established existing eight medical colleges. In the 1991-92 the government felt the need for more medical colleges for medical education facilities and releases the burden imposed on the existing medical colleges. Accordingly the government committed to establish five medical colleges at Dinajpur, Bogra, Khulna, Faridpur and Comilla with annual intakes of 50 students at each.
On 16 August 1992 Dinajpur Medical Colleges started functioning at Dinajpur main town occupying a hostel of general government college and a rented private building named Hamana Bhaban. It was shifted to new building proper at Ananada Sagor area near Dinajpur main town on 1 July 2000. Dinajpur Sadar hospital was used as temporary medical college hospital. Medical college was started functioning in building proper in college campus on 7 March 2010. Now Dinajpur Medical College and Hospital is have excellent campus with annual intake of approximately 150 students.
It is located at Anando sagar in the Dinajpur district of the Rangpur division and associated with Rajshahi University. The college is recognized by World Health Organization. Graduates are eligible for United States Medical Licensing Examination and Dinajpur Medical College is listed in IMED.
Examination and affiliation
Dinajpur Medical College is affiliated under Rajshahi University. The students receive MBBS degree from Rajshahi University after completion of their fifth year and passing the final Professional MBBS examination. The Professional examinations are held under the university and results are given thereby. Internal examinations are also taken on regular interval namely Card completions, term end and regular assessments.
- The name of the boys hostel is Dr. Md. Yousuf Ali hall. It includes two four-storied building beside the play ground.
- The name of the girls hostel is Dr. Md. Taibur Rahman hall. It includes three four-storied building.
- There are four four-storied building for intern doctors. They are well decorated and behind the hospital for 24 hour medical service.
- There are two hostels for nurses, near the nursing institute. There are also number of quarters for teachers and guest house for guests.
It has a 500-bed hospital. There are 17 operation theatres in the hospital: 12 are general, two emergency, one labour and two daily. The hospital has introduced new departments, including cancer, urology and radiotherapy. The hospital building has an underground parking facility. It has the ability to accommodate over 1,000 patients. The government has decided to open a 20-bed burn unit. Present director is Dr Shamsul Alam.
There is a well-developed nursing college near the hospital. The nursing college building is four stories tall. It provides training for young nurses. There are also two hostels for nurses near the institute.
Medical Ultrasound Center for Nuclear Medicine
Dinajpur Medical College has a medical ultrasound center for nuclear medicine. It is one of the oldest three ultrasound centers of Bangladesh. Dr. B.K Bose is the head of the medical ultrasound center. It is beside the old hospital.
Other institutions under its affiliation
- TB clinic
- Dinajpur Sadar Hospital
- Nearby Thana Health Complexes
Clubs and other activities
- Sandhani (DjMC unit)
- Medicine Club (DjMC unit)
- Oikotan (cultural organization of DjMC)
- Medical Colleges of Bangladesh
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
North Bengal Medical College — Established 1968 Type Medical College and Hospital Principal Prof. (Dr.) Anup Roy Dean Dr. Sabyasachi Das Students … Wikipedia
Dinajpur District (Bangladesh) — Dinajpur দিনাজপুর District Location of Dinajpur in Bangladesh … Wikipedia
Dinajpur District, Bangladesh — Infobox of BD districts native name = Dinajpur skyline = skyline size = skyline caption = locator position = right latd = 25.63 longd = 88.65 division name = Rajshahi Division population as of = 1991 population total = 2,617,942 population… … Wikipedia
WHO Directory of Medical Schools — World Health Organization WHO Directory of Medical Schools by region and country.The World Health Organization Directory of Medical Schools and the Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research International Medical… … Wikipedia
List of medical colleges in Bangladesh — In Bangladesh, Allopathic and Alternative Medicine related medical education at the graduate level is provided by Medical Colleges. The colleges are under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Health, and are affiliated with a university on the… … Wikipedia
Dakshin Dinajpur district — দক্ষিণ দিনাজপুর জেলা Location of Dakshin Dinajpur district in West Bengal State … Wikipedia
South Dinajpur district — South Dinajpur or Dakshin Dinajpur ( bn. দক্ষিণ দিনাজপুর) is a district of West Bengal state of India. The district was created on April 1, 1992. The district comprises Balurghat, Gangarampur sub divisions and Kushmandi and Banshihari… … Wikipedia
Dr. B.C. Roy Engineering College, Durgapur — Dr. B. C. Roy Engineering College, Durgapur Motto Engineering tomorrow with an edge Established 21st August,2000 Type Private Location Durgapur, West Bengal … Wikipedia
List of Bangladesh-related topics — This page lists articles on Wikipedia that are related to Bangladesh, Bengal and Bangladesh/Bengali culture. This is so that those interested in the subject can monitor changes to the pages by clicking on Related changes in the… … Wikipedia
Динаджпур (город, Бангладеш) — У этого термина существуют и другие значения, см. Динаджпур. Город Динаджпур бенг. দিনাজপুর … Википедия