- Federal Department of Economic Affairs
Federal Department of Economic Affairs Agency overview Formed 1848 Jurisdiction Federal administration of Switzerland Headquarters Bern Employees 1,919 Annual budget Expenditure: CHF 6.1 billion
Revenue: CHF 271.8 million
Minister responsible Johann Schneider-Ammann, Federal Councillor Website evd.admin.ch
The Federal Department of Economic Affairs (French: Département fédéral de l'économie; German: Eidgenössisches Volkswirtschaftsdepartement; Italian: Dipartimento federale dell'economia) is one of the seven departments of the federal government of Switzerland, headed by a member of the Swiss Federal Council.
The Department is composed of the following offices:
- General Secretariat, including the Federal Consumer Affairs Bureau FCAB (responsible for consumer affairs) and the Swiss civilian service agency (ZIVI).
- State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (seco): Responsible for national and international economic policy, trade negotiations and labour policy.
- Federal Office for Agriculture (FOAG): Responsible for agricultural policy and for direct payments to Swiss farmers.
- Federal Office for Professional Education and Technology (OPET): Responsible for vocational education and training, Universities of Applied Sciences and innovation promotion.
- Federal Veterinary office (FVO): Responsible for animal welfare and health, the safety of food of animal origin and the implementation of the CITES convention.
- Integration Office (see FDFA above)
- Federal Office for National Economic Supply (FONES): Manages emergency supplies of essential goods and services.
- Federal Housing Office (FHO): Responsible for housing policy.
The following independent authorities are affiliated to the FDEA for administrative purposes:
- Price Supervisor: Price ombudsman and responsible for the supervision of regulated prices.
- Competition Commission: Swiss competition regulator.
- Swiss Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training (SFIVET): Provides training for vocational education professionals.
Names of the department
- 1848-1872: Department of Trade and Customs
- 1873-1878: Department of Railway and Trade
- 1879-1887: Department of Trade and Agriculture
- 1888-1895: Department of Industry and Agriculture
- 1896-1914: Department of Trade, Industry and Agriculture
- 1915-1978: Department of Economic Affairs
- Since 1979: Federal Department of Economic Affairs
List of heads of the department
- ^ a b Swiss Federal Chancellery. "The Swiss Confederation – a brief guide 2009". http://www.bk.admin.ch/dokumentation/02070/index.html?lang=en
- ^ "Organisation of the FDEA". Federal Department of Economic Affairs. http://www.evd.admin.ch/org/00159/00336/index.html?lang=en. Retrieved May 2008.
- Federal Department of Economic Affairs official site
Federal administration of Switzerland Departments State-owned enterprises See also
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Federal Department of Home Affairs — (FDHA) Agency overview Formed 1848 Jurisdiction Federal administratio … Wikipedia
Federal Department of Foreign Affairs — Infobox Government agency agency name = Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA) nativename = Eidgenössisches Departement für auswärtige Angelegenheiten (EDA) Département fédéral des affaires étrangères (DFAE) Dipartimento federale degli… … Wikipedia
Department of Economic Affairs — The Department of Economic Affairs could refer to: Department of Economic Affairs (UK) A government body in the UK in the 1960s. Federal Department of Economic Affairs A government body in Switzerland. Department of Economic Affairs, under… … Wikipedia
Federal Department of Environment, Transport, Energy and Communications — Department of Posts and Telegraph redirects here. For the Irish governmental department, see Department of Posts and Telegraphs. Federal Department of Environment, Transport, Energy and Communications Agency … Wikipedia
Federal Department of Finance — Agency overview Formed 1848 Jurisdiction Federal administration of Switzer … Wikipedia
Federal Department of Defence, Civil Protection and Sports — Federal Department of Defence, Civil Protection and Sport Agency overview Formed 1848 Jurisdiction Feder … Wikipedia
Federal Department of Justice and Police — Agency overview Formed 1848 Jurisdiction Federal administration … Wikipedia
Economic Affairs — ▪ 2006 Introduction In 2005 rising U.S. deficits, tight monetary policies, and higher oil prices triggered by hurricane damage in the Gulf of Mexico were moderating influences on the world economy and on U.S. stock markets, but some other… … Universalium
Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade — Departments of the Government of Canada Foreign Affairs and International Trade Affaires étrangères et Commerce international … Wikipedia
Federal administration of Switzerland — Switzerland This article is part of the series: Politics and government of Switzerland … Wikipedia