- Query language
Query languages are computer languages used to make queries into databases and information systems.
Broadly, query languages can be classified according to whether they are database query languages or information retrieval query languages. The difference is that a database query language attempts to give factual answers to factual questions, while an information retrieval query language attempts to find documents containing information that is relevant to an area of inquiry.
- .QL is a proprietary object-oriented query language for querying relational databases; successor of Datalog;
- Contextual Query Language (CQL) a formal language for representing queries to information retrieval systems such as web indexes or bibliographic catalogues.
- CQLF (CODASYL Query Language, Flat) is a query language for CODASYL-type databases;
- Concept-Oriented Query Language (COQL) is used in the concept-oriented model (COM). It is based on a novel data modeling construct, concept, and uses such operations as projection and de-projection for multi-dimensional analysis, analytical operations and inference;
- D is a query language for truly relational database management systems (TRDBMS);
- DMX is a query language for Data Mining models;
- Datalog is a query language for deductive databases;
- ERROL is a query language over the Entity-relationship model (ERM) which mimics major Natural language constructs (of the English language and possibly other languages). It is especially tailored for relational databases;
- Gellish English is a language that can be used for queries in Gellish English Databases, for dialogues (requests and responses) as well as for information modeling and knowledge modeling;
- HTSQL is a query language that translates HTTP queries to SQL;
- ISBL is a query language for PRTV, one of the earliest relational database management systems;
- LINQ query-expressions is a way to query various data sources from .NET languages
- LDAP is an application protocol for querying and modifying directory services running over TCP/IP;
- MQL is a cheminformatics query language for a substructure search allowing beside nominal properties also numerical properties;
- MDX is a query language for OLAP databases;
- OQL is Object Query Language;
- OCL (Object Constraint Language). Despite its name, OCL is also an object query language and an OMG standard;
- OPath, intended for use in querying WinFS Stores;
- Poliqarp Query Language is a special query language designed to analyze annotated text. Used in the Poliqarp search engine;
- QUEL is a relational database access language, similar in most ways to SQL;
- RDQL is a RDF query language;
- SeRQL ("Sesame RDF Query Language", pronounced "circle") is a new RDF/RDFS query language that is currently being developed by Aduna as part of Sesame.
- SMARTS is the cheminformatics standard for a substructure search;
- SPARQL is a query language for RDF graphs;
- SQL is a well known query language and Data Manipulation Language for relational databases;
- SuprTool is a proprietary query language for SuprTool, a database access program used for accessing data in Image/SQL (formerly TurboIMAGE) and Oracle databases;
- TMQL Topic Map Query Language is a query language for Topic Maps;
- UnQL (Unstructured Query Language) is a functional superset of SQL, developed by the authors of SQLite and CouchDB;
- XQuery is a query language for XML data sources;
- XPath is a declarative language for navigating XML documents;
- XSQL is a query language combining the power of XML and the power of SQL, it is currently under development;
- XSPARQL is an integrated query language combining XQuery with SPARQL to query both XML and RDF data sources at once;
- YQL is an SQL-like query language created by Yahoo!
Database management systems Concepts Objects Components Database products: Query languages
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
query language — UK US noun [C] ► IT a way of getting particular information that you want from a large amount of information held on a computer database, spreadsheet, etc.: »HR managers need to be able to use a database query language to make graphs and… … Financial and business terms
Query Language — [engl.], Abfragesprache … Universal-Lexikon
query language — ▪ computer science a computer programming language used to retrieve information from a database. The uses of databases are manifold. They provide a means of retrieving records or parts of records and performing various calculations… … Universalium
query language — In a database management system, a programming language that allows a user to extract and display specific information from a database. Structured Query Language (SQL) is an international database query language that allows the user to… … Dictionary of networking
query language — noun a source language consisting of procedural operators that invoke functions to be executed • Syn: ↑command language, ↑search language • Hypernyms: ↑source language * * * ˈquery language 7 [query language] … Useful english dictionary
query language — A predefined set of rules and syntax that must be used to properly retrieve information from a database. Structured Query Language (SQL) is an attempt to define a standard query language … IT glossary of terms, acronyms and abbreviations
query language — užklausų kalba statusas T sritis automatika atitikmenys: angl. query language vok. Abfragesprache, f rus. язык запросов, m pranc. langage de demandes, m … Automatikos terminų žodynas
query language — užklausų kalba statusas T sritis informatika apibrėžtis Kalba, turinti specialias priemones duomenų paieškos ↑užklausoms aprašyti. Viena populiariausių užklausų kalbų yra SQL (struktūrinė užklausų kalba), kuri naudojama tvarkant ↑sąryšines… … Enciklopedinis kompiuterijos žodynas
query language — language used for retrieval and storage of data in a database (Computers) … English contemporary dictionary
query language — /ˈkwɪəri læŋgwɪdʒ/ (say kwearree langgwij) noun Computers a database search language … Australian English dictionary