It can refer to numerous monasteries:
It can also refer to:
- Charterhouse Bank
- Charterhouse Capital Partners, a UK-based private equity firm
- Charterhouse Group, private equity firm
- Charterhouse Group, a US-based private equity firm
- Charterhouse Financial Planning Ltd, a UK based firm of Independent Financial Advisers
- Charterhouse, Somerset, also Charterhouse-on-Mendip, a hamlet in the Mendip Hills, England
- Charterhouse Roman Town, a town in the Roman province of Britannia, located close to Charterhouse-on-Mendip
- Hinton Charterhouse, a village in Somerset, England
Sites of scientific interest
- Charterhouse to Eashing, in Surrey, England
- Hinton Charterhouse Field, in Somerset, England
- Hinton Charterhouse Pit, in Somerset, England
- The Charterhouse of Parma, a novel by Stendhal
- Charterhouse School, a famous English public school in Surrey
- Charterhouse, a print management and marketing services company
- Charterhouse Square, London, England
- London Charterhouse, London, England "The Charterhouse Hospital" and the original site of Charterhouse School.
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Charterhouse — • From the fact that St. Bruno founded the first house of his austere order at Chartreux, near Grenoble, the institution has ever since been known by the name of that place Catholic Encyclopedia. Kevin Knight. 2006. Charterhouse Ch … Catholic encyclopedia
Charterhouse — Char ter*house , n. A well known public school and charitable foundation in the building once used as a Carthusian monastery (Chartreuse) in London. [1913 Webster] … The Collaborative International Dictionary of English
Charterhouse — great English public school founded in London in 1611, a folk etymology from chartreux (see CHARTREUSE (Cf. chartreuse)); it was founded upon the site of a Carthusian monastery … Etymology dictionary
Charterhouse — [chärt′ər hous΄] n. 1. a boys school in Surrey, England, moved from its orig. location in London that was on the site of a Carthusian monastery 2. Archaic a Carthusian monastery … English World dictionary
Charterhouse — /chahr teuhr hows /, n., pl. Charterhouses / how ziz/. 1. a Carthusian monastery. 2. the hospital and charitable institution founded in London, in 1611, on the site of a Carthusian monastery. 3. the public school into which this hospital was… … Universalium
Charterhouse — Cette page d’homonymie répertorie les différents sujets et articles partageant un même nom. Charterhouse peut faire référence à : Charterhouse School : une public school située dans le Surrey, en Angleterre Le fonds d investissement… … Wikipédia en Français
charterhouse — noun A Carthusian monastery. See Also: Carthusian … Wiktionary
Charterhouse — A *Carthusian monastery … Dictionary of Medieval Terms and Phrases
CHARTERHOUSE — a large London school, originally a Carthusian monastery, and for a time a residence of the dukes of Norfolk … The Nuttall Encyclopaedia
charterhouse — Carthusian monastic building Ecclesiastical Terms … Phrontistery dictionary