- David Aaron Clark
David Aaron Clark
David Aarn Clark and friends
Born September 5, 1960
Camden, New Jersey, United States
Died November 28, 2009(aged 49)
Los Angeles, California, United States
Occupation Director, actor, musician
David Aaron Clark (September 5, 1960 – November 28, 2009) was an author, musician, pornographic actor, and two time AVN Award winning director of Asian themed adult movies. He is best known for shooting films of Asian women.
Switching majors and finally graduating with a degree in journalism in 1986. He edited The Daily Targum, Rutgers' student newspaper, winning multiple Columbia Scholastic Press Association College Gold Circle Awards.
Clark then worked as a stringer at The Bergen Record and the New Brunswick Home News Tribune before becoming an on-line editor at Dow Jones News Service. He left after two years to accept an editorial position at Genesis Magazine, followed by a five year tenure at Al Goldstein’s Screw magazine.
Clark also edited the fanzine Chrome on Fire, and performed in the band False Virgins, produced by Sonic Youth guitarist Lee Ranaldo. The band released two albums at the turn of the decade. When the lead singer committed suicide, Clark broke up the band and retired from playing music.
He moved to San Francisco in 1995 and was hired for an editorial position at the now-defunct The Spectator. Clark was noticed for flamboyant readings and performance art pieces ght to heavy bondage, piercing, and the spilling of his own blood.
In 1998 he moved to Los Angeles to accept a position directing porn videos for John T. Bone’s Cream Studios. Since then he’s carved out a niche shooting mostly artsy low-budget porno exclusively featuring Asian female talent. His screenplay for Brad Armstrong’s high-budget Euphoria won an AVN Award for Best Screenplay in 2000, and his Asia Noir 2: Rise of the Asianatrix won in 2003 for Best Asian Video.
He has directed features for companies ranging from Extreme Associates to Vivid Video.
“ I graduated from Rutgers with a double major in journalism and art. Once I found out that I couldn't paint or draw, I decided to become a serious journalist. I wrote for two years for the Dow Jones news service in New Jersey, then switched to Genesis in 1988 and wrote for a friend, Michael Banka. He was my college roommate who now edited Genesis. I was bored and looking for something else to write about other than planning commission meetings and human interest stories on missing children, gun shows, etc. From there I went on to Screw.
I lead a flamboyant personal lifestyle that meshes with my work. In New York I was seeing and eventually got engaged to a teenage dominatrix who slashed me with a knife when she was angry. The story hit the tabloids like the New York Post. Their headline read - "Porn Editor Cut Up By Kinky Cutie." It showed my picture. We moved to San Francisco to get out of the news and I was with her until October, 1995.
His most recent film, PURE, for Evil Angel, received multiple AVN nominations, including Best Actor (Keni Styles), Best Actress (Asa Akira), Best Supporting Actor (Jake Malone), Best Couples Sex Scene, Best Music Soundtrack, Best Special Effects, Best Screenplay, Best Director – Feature and Best Video Feature.
He died suddenly on November 28, 2009, reportedly as the result of a pulmonary embolism.
- The Wet Forever (1991, Rhinoceros Publications reissue 1995) ISBN 1-56333-117-9
- Sister Radiance (1992, Rhinoceros reissue 1994) ISBN 1-56333-215-9
- The Marquis de Sade's Juliette: Vengeance On The Lord (1993, Masquerade books 1996) ISBN 1-56333-240-X
- Into The Black (Titan Books, London) (1995) ISBN 1-85286-679-9
- Ritual Sex (Co-edit with Tristan Taormino) (Masquerade Books, 1995) ISBN 1-56333-391-0
- True Blood (Text with Charles Gatewood photography, 1997, Last Gasp Books) ISBN 0-86719-447-2
- The Fallen: The Pale Door (Graphic novel, illustrated by Miran Kim) (NBM/Nantier Beall Minoustchine Publishing, 1999) ISBN 1-56163-233-3
- The Fallen: Cold Religion (Graphic novel, illustrated by David Rankin, 2000, 2004) ISBN 1-56163-406-9
- Gahan Wilson’s the Ultimate Haunted House (Byron Preiss Press) ISBN 0-06-105315-5
- World’s Best Erotica (Titan Books)
- Best Of Gauntlet Magazine (Richard Kasak Books)
- False Virgins, SKINJOB (1990, Enemy Records)
- False Virgins, INFERNAL DOLL (1991, Enemy Records)
- Angel Vivid | 2002 Starring: Chris Cannon (porn star), Dasha, Dillion Day, Justine Romee, Meriesa Arroyo, Nikita Denise, Taylor St. Claire
- Asian Fever 25 Hustler | 2005 | 94 minutes Starring: Asia Carrera, Brian Surewood, Gianna Jolynn, Mila Yung, Mr Marcus, Mr Pete, Nyla Thai, Nyomi Zen, Sledge Hammer, Taya Cruz
- Diary Of A Mad Porn Director (director and actor) Madness Pictures | 2004| 160 minutes Starring: Brian Surewood, Jade-Blue Eclipse, Kimmy Kahn, Lyla Lei, Nyomi Marcela, Sin Nye Lang
- Asia Noir Video Team | 2003 | 130 minutes Starring: Guy DiSilva, Darren James, Sexy Kalana, Kimmie Kann, Lucy Lee, Leyla Lei, Nyomi Marcela, Mr. Marcus, Sabrina Maui, Koal Minah
- Asia Noir 2: Rise of the Asianatrix Video Team | 2003 | 132 minutes Starring: Bamboo, Jay Lo Deeva, Guy DiSilva, Sledge Hammer, Lucy Lee, Maja Lee, Mr. Marcus, Kohl Myna, Chai Sun, Tiger Wood
- Asianatrix 1998 | 140 minutes Starring: Annabel Chong, Jade-Blue Eclipse, Kanai, Leda, Mike Long, Rosy Rocket, Stephanie Says, Suzi Suzuki, Van Damage, Violet
- A Taste of Shane (writer, actor, director) 30 minutes Starring: Mistress Shane as Herself, David Aaron Clark as Slave 'D'
- David Aaron Clark at the Internet Movie Database
- Columbia Scholastic Press Association : 1986 Collegiate Circle Recipients
- Real Life Fun and Games with David Aaron Clark Spectator, 1993 article by Clark about S&M date with Mistress Shane
- 1998-2001 Articles and Interviews on LukeIsBack.com
- Madness Signs David Aaron Clark October 4, 2004 article by RogReviews.com
- David Aaron Clark April 2005 "Sex Wrecks" Profile by Peter Landau
- 2005-2006 Interviews on LukeIsBack.com
- Gram Ponante: Porn Valley Observed: David Aaron Clark: "I am not Phil Collins." Interview on July 26, 2005
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
David Clark — or Dave Clark may refer to: Dave Clark (baseball) (born 1962), baseball player David Clark (cartoonist), illustrator David Clark (cricketer) (born 1919), former English cricketer David Clark (guitar player), American guitar player, folklorist,… … Wikipedia
Clark University — For the university in Atlanta, Georgia, see Clark Atlanta University. Clark University Motto [[Challenge Convention, Change our World (current)] [Let there be light|Fiat Lux]] (Latin) Motto in English Let There be Light(former) … Wikipedia
Clark Kent (Smallville) — Clark Kent Smallville character Clark s costume in season ten reflects his outfit in the first eight seasons, but with an additional embossed Superman shield. First appearance … Wikipedia
David Milch — Born March 23, 1945 (1945 03 23) (age 66) Buffalo, New York, USA Occupation Screenwriter, television producer David S. Milch (born March 23, 1945) is an American writer and … Wikipedia
David Chiu (poker player) — David Chiu David Chiu winning an event at the 2005 World Series of Poker Hometown Rowland Heights, California World Series of Poker Bra … Wikipedia
Aaron Peirsol — Aaron Peirsol … Wikipédia en Français
David Warga (poker player) — David Warga Hometown Tempe, Arizona World Series of Poker Bracelet(s) 2 Money finish(es) 5 Highest ITM Main Event finish None David W … Wikipedia
David Eckstein — Second baseman Born: January 20, 1975 (1975 01 20) (age 36) … Wikipedia
David Sarwer — David B. Sarwer, Ph.D. Born January 4, 1968 (1968 01 04) (age 43) Chicago, Illinois … Wikipedia
Clark Kent (Smallville) — Clark Kent Personnage de fiction apparaissant dans Smallville … Wikipédia en Français