- ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs
Company ABS-CBN Country Philippines Key people Ging Reyes
(Senior Vice President for News and Current Affairs)
(Head - News Gathering Group)
(Head - Current Affairs Group)
(Head - Online and Mobile Group)
International bureaux North America
Slogan Panig sa Katotohanan, Panig sa Pagbangon ng Bayan (Sides for the Truth, Sides for the Rise of the Nation) Website ABS-CBN News
ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs (formerly ABS-CBN News and Public Affairs) is the news division of Philippine media conglomerate ABS-CBN Corporation. The organization is responsible for the daily news and information gathering of its news programs. Its current slogan is Panig sa Katotohanan, Panig sa Pagbangon ng Bayan (Tagalog for Sides for the Truth, Sides for the Rise of the Nation). According to the SWS media trust survey, ABS-CBN News & Current Affairs topped the list among Philippines news and broadcast organizations, garnering 68% of the public trust.
It serves the main ABS-CBN Channel 2, the ABS-CBN Regional Network Group, Studio 23, ABS-CBN News Channel, DZMM TeleRadyo, the flagship radio stations, DZMM and Tambayan 101.9 HD, a news website named ABS-CBNNEWS.COM and the regional radion networks MOR, DYAB, and DXAB. The division operates mainly and headquartered at ABS-CBN Broadcast Complex in Quezon City while the ABS-CBN regional stations also have their local news divisions, which is a big help in newsgathering for the whole network. It also has a news bureaus in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East with the help of ABS-CBN Global Ltd., these make ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs ahead among the other news organizations in the country as they were the largest and the most comprehensive when it comes to local and international newsgathering.
- 1 Divisions
- 2 Programs
- 3 Slogans
- 4 iPatrol Mo!
- 5 See also
- 6 External links
The division is currently headed by experienced journalist and former ABS-CBN’s North America Bureau Chief, and now ABS-CBN's Senior Vice President for News and Current Affairs Ging Reyes. It is further subdivided into 3 divisions:
- News Gathering Group, headed by veteran print media journalist and former investigative reporter for The Manila Times and Today, Chi Almario-Gonzales.
- Current Affairs Group, headed by a balik kapamilya Gen Reyes
- Online and Mobile Group, headed by seasoned journalist and former Reuters correspondent to the Philippines, Chari Villa.
Aside from regular programming, it also operates the ABS-CBN News Channel, currently the first and the only English 24 hour news channel in the country. The division also operates a news website ABS-CBN News in partnership with The Philippine Star and The Manila Times.
Current programs on ABS-CBN
- Trip na Trip
- TV Patrol
- TV Patrol Weekend
- Umagang Kay Ganda
- Urban Zone
- XXX: Exklusibong, Explosibong, Exposé
Current programs on ABS-CBN News Channel
Current programs on Studio 23
Current programs on The Filipino Channel
- Adobo Nation
- Balitang America
- Balitang Europe
- Balitang Japan
- Balitang Middle East
- Citizen Pinoy
- Kwentong Disyerto
Current programs on ABS-CBN Regional Network Group
- Gandang Umaga Kapamilya
- Gising Na Maagang Southern Tagalog
- Maayong Buntag Kapamilya
- Maayong Buntag Mindanao
- Mag TV Na
- Magandang Umaga Socsksargen
- Marhay na Aga Kapamilya!
- Naimbag Nga Morning Kapamilya
- Pamahaw Espesyal
- Sikat Ka! Iloilo
- Silib to da Max
- The Morning Show
- TV Patrol Northern Luzon (ABS-CBN TV-3 Baguio and TV-11 Mountain Province)
- TV Patrol Ilocos (ABS-CBN TV-7 Laoag, TV-34 Vigan)
- TV Patrol Cagayan Valley (ABS-CBN TV-3 Tuguegarao and TV-2 Isabela)
- TV Patrol North Central Luzon (ABS-CBN TV-32 Dagupan, Tarlac and Cabanatuan, TV-34 Bulacan and TV-22 Baler)
- TV Patrol Pampanga (ABS-CBN TV-46 Pampanga)
- TV Patrol Palawan (ABS-CBN TV-7 and TV-23 Palawan)
- TV Patrol Southern Tagalog (ABS-CBN TV-10 Batangas, TV-38 Lipa, TV-21 Calapan , TV-46 San Pablo, TV-24 Lucena)
- TV Patrol Bicol (ABS-CBN TV-11 Naga, TV-23 Daet, TV-9 Sorsogon, TV-11 Virac and TV-10 Masbate)
- TV Patrol Negros (ABS-CBN TV-4 Bacolod)
- TV Patrol Panay (ABS-CBN TV-10 Iloilo, TV-23 Kalibo and TV-21 Roxas)
- TV Patrol Central Visayas (ABS-CBN TV-3 Cebu and TV-9 Bohol)
- TV Patrol Tacloban (ABS-CBN TV-2 Tacloban, TV-7 Catbalogan and TV-10 Calbayog)
- TV Patrol Western Mindanao (ABS-CBN TV-42 Dipolog and TV-9 Pagadian)
- TV Patrol Chavacano (ABS-CBN TV-3 Zamboanga and TV-10 Jolo)
- TV Patrol Northern Mindanao (ABS-CBN TV-2 Cagayan de Oro, TV-2 Bukidnon, TV-7 Ozamiz and TV-4 Iligan)
- TV Patrol Southern Mindanao (ABS-CBN TV-4 Davao)
- TV Patrol Socsksargen (ABS-CBN TV-3 General Santos, TV-24 Koronadal and TV-4 Kidapawan)
- TV Patrol Central Mindanao (ABS-CBN TV-5 Cotabato)
- TV Patrol Caraga (ABS-CBN TV-11 Butuan and TV-12 Surigao)
- "ABS-CBN News and Public/Current Affairs in the Service of the Filipino" (1986–2002) This slogan was based on the network's corporate slogan.
- "Karangalan Po Naming Maglingkod Sa Bayan" (2002)
- "Kahit Saan, Kahit Kailan, Maaasahan" (2003)
- "Maaasahan, Hindi Lamang Sa Salita, Subok na sa Gawa" (2004)
- "Naglilingkod Sa Inyo, Saan Man Sa Mundo" (2004–2005) This slogan was inspired by the reformat of TV Patrol to TV Patrol World.
- "Panig Sa Katotohanan, Panig Sa Bayan" (2006–2010) This current slogan was translated in various local languages.
- "Panig Sa Katotohanan, Panig Sa Pagbangon ng Bayan" (2010–present)
ABS-CBN News launched its own citizen journalism campaign during its coverage of the 2007 Philippine General Elections. Initially entitled Boto Mo, iPatrol Mo! (Tagalog for Your Vote, You Patrol), it reflects upon the station's flagship newscast, TV Patrol.
The campaign is now called Bayan Mo, iPatrol Mo! (Your Town, You Patrol) which runs out of a blog. Submission of news items from the general public is across a variety of platforms, mainly using SMS and MMS technologies.
An extension of the campaign Ako ang Simula (I Am the Beginning) was launched on May 11, 2009 - and was its banner for the network's coverage of the 2010 Presidential Elections. A re-launch of the campaign was carried out in June 2009 by the network as part of its commemoration of Philippine Independence Day.
As answer to ABS-CBN's Bayan Mo, iPatrol Mo!, the other two main competitor GMA and TV5 both followed and had their own version of citizen journalism campaign named YouScoop! and JournalisMO! respectively.
- List of programs broadcast by ABS-CBN
- ABS-CBN News Channel
- ABS-CBN Sports
- GMA News and Public Affairs
- ABS-CBN official site
- ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs official site
- ABS-CBN News Channel Official Site
- DZMM.com.ph - Official site of DZMM
ABS-CBN News and Current AffairsDaily programsWeeknight programsXXX: Exklusibong, Explosibong, Exposé • Patrol ng Pilipino • Storyline • Krusada • S.O.C.O. • Urban ZoneWeekend programsRadio / News channels Shows produced forBilis Balita • Iba-Balita • Iba-Balita Ngayon • Us Girls ABS–CBN CorporationChairman/CEO: Eugenio Lopez III · Vice Chairman: Augusto Almeda Lopez · Founder: James Lindenberg · President/COO: Charo Santos-Concio · Chief Finance Officer: Rolando P. Valdueza · Head of ABS-CBN Corporate Marketing: Rosario S. Bartolome · Manila Radio Division Head/Concurrent Managing Director of ABS-CBN Sports: Peter Musngi · Head of Channel 2 Sales: Jose Agustin C. Benitez · Managing Director, ABS-CBN Mega Manila: Maria Socorro V. Vidanes · Head of Regional Network Group: Louis Benedict O. Bennett · Head of ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs: Ging Reyes · Head of Customer Relationship Management: Esperanza M. Bulaong · Managing Director of SkyCable: Carlo L. Katigbak · Head of Special Projects & Licensing: Leonardo P. Katigbak
Board Members: Augusto Almeda Lopez · Oscar M. Lopez · Presentacion L. Psinakis · Federico M. Garcia · Manuel Lopez · Federico Lopez · Pedro Dy-Liaco · Jose Vitug · Salvador Tirona · Reno Rayel ·
DivisionsABS-CBN Global Ltd. · ABS-CBN Interactive · ABS-CBN Licensing Group · ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs · ABS-CBN Sports · Cable Channels and Print Media Group · Central Library · Creative Communications Management Group · Entertainment · I-Post · Manila Radio Division · Radio Division · Star Entertainment Group · Traffic SubsidiariesABS-CBN Center for Communication Arts, Inc. · ABS-CBN Distance Learning Center · ABS-CBN Easy Remit · ABS-CBN Global Cargo · ABS-CBN Foundation · ABS-CBN Global Hungary Kft. · ABS-CBN Integrated and Strategic Property Holdings, Inc. · ABS-CBN International · ABS-CBN Marketing & Productions · ABS-CBN Multimedia, Inc. · ABS-CBN Publishing · ABS-CBN Radio Operations · ABS-CBN Regional Network Group · ABS-CBN Shared Service Center Pte., Ltd · AMCARA Broadcasting Network · APGI · Bayan Telecommunications · Creative Programs · Culinary Publications, Inc. · E-Money Plus, Inc. · New Media · Nugen Music, Inc. · Pinoy Central · Roadrunner Network, Inc. · San Francisco International Gateway · Sarimanok News Network, Inc. · SkyCable · Sky Films, Inc. · Star Home Video · Star Cinema · Star Magic · Star Records · Star Songs, Inc. · Star Television · The Big Dipper Digital Content & Design, Inc. · TV Food Chefs, Inc. Radio Networks Radio Networks Nationwide Terrestrial Television networks Cable Television networks International Television networks ABS-CBN Publishing ABS-CBN Foundation
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
ABS-CBN News Advisory — Format News program Created by ABS CBN Broadcasting Corporation Developed by ABS CBN News and Current Affairs Starring Various Newsanchors … Wikipedia
GMA News and Public Affairs — Infobox TV channel name = logofile = GMANewsLogo.png logosize = 250px logoalt = logo2 = launch = closed date = picture format = share = share as of = share source = network = owner = GMA Network slogan = Serbisyong Totoo (True Service) country =… … Wikipedia
ABS-CBN Sports — is the sports division of the ABS CBN television network , which airs some of the notable sports events in the Philippines. ABS CBN Sports began in 1998 as the main broadcaster for the network backed basketball league Metropolitan Basketball… … Wikipedia
ABS–CBN Corporation — This article is about the media conglomerate in the Philippines. For television network, see ABS CBN. ABS CBN Corporation Type Public company Media conglomerate Traded as P … Wikipedia
ABS-CBN Broadcasting Corporation — Infobox Company company name = ABS CBN Broadcasting Corporation (ABS CBN) company company type = Public (PSE: [http://www.pse.com.ph/html/ListedCompanies/listedcompanyinfo.jsp?securitySymbolABS ABS] ) foundation = June 13, 1946 location =… … Wikipedia
ABS-CBN Insider — infobox television bgcolor=#000000 fgcolor=#FFFFFF show name = ABS CBN Insider caption = format = News camera = picture format = 480i SDTV runtime = 30 minutes creator = ABS CBN developer = ABS CBN News and Current Affairs starring = Dong Puno… … Wikipedia
ABS-CBN Headlines — infobox television bgcolor=#000000 fgcolor=#FFFFFF show name = ABS CBN Headlines caption = format = News program camera = picture format = 480i SDTV runtime = 30 minutes creator = ABS CBN Broadcasting Corporation developer = ABS CBN News and… … Wikipedia
ABS-CBN International — About UsABS CBN International (a.k.a. ABS CBN Global North America) launched its core product, The Filipino Channel, in 1994. Distributed by major cable operators as well as satellite operators, The Filipino Channel (TFC) has over 200,000 U.S.… … Wikipedia
List of programs broadcast by ABS-CBN — ABS CBN Broadcasting Corporation broadcasts a variety of programming through its VHF terrestrial television station ABS CBN 2 Manila. These programs include news and current affairs, Philippine drama, sitcom, foreign shows, entertainment news and … Wikipedia
The World Tonight (ABS-CBN) — infobox Television show name =The World Tonight caption = The World Tonight logo format = News Live action runtime = 30 minutes creator = ABS CBN News and Current Affairs director = executive producer = starring =Weekday Edition Angelo Castro Jr … Wikipedia