- Automatic data processing equipment
Automatic data processing equipment, legally defined, is any equipment or interconnected
systemor subsystems of equipment that is used in the
* transmission, or
* by a Federal agency, or
* under a contract with a Federal agency
* requires the use of such equipment, or
* requires the performance of a service or the furnishing of a product which is performed or produced making significant use of such equipment.
The term includes
* ancillary equipment,
firmware, and similar procedures,
* services, including support services, and
* related resources as defined by regulations issued by the Administrator for General Services.
[Public Law 99-500, Title VII, Sec. 822 (a) Section 111(a) of the "Federal Property and Administrative Services Act of 1949 (40 U.S.C. 759(a)) revised." ]
Federal Standard 1037C
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.