- Albuquerque New Mexico Temple
The Albuquerque New Mexico Temple is the 73rd operating temple of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Latter-day Saintsrejoiced when ground for the Albuquerque New Mexico Temple was broken in a special ceremony on 20 June 1998. About 6,500 members attended the event which had a 600-voice youth choir provide the music.
During the 10-day open house about 70,000 people toured the Albuquerque New Mexico Temple. Church President
Gordon B. Hinckleydedicated the temple on 5 March 2000. During the dedicatory prayer President Hinckley expressed his hope that the new temple would turn the hearts of the LDS members to their families.
The Albuquerque New Mexico Temple serves about 55,000 members in
New Mexicoand bordering parts of Arizonaand Colorado. It sits on convert|8.5|acre|m2 northeast of Albuquerque. The exterior is finished with desert rose pre-cast concrete and trimmed with Texaspearl granite. A gold statue of the angel Moronitops the single-spire. The temple has a total of convert|34245|sqft|m2, two ordinance rooms, and three sealing rooms.
List of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
List of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints by geographic region
Comparison of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Temple architecture (Latter-day Saints)
* [http://www.lds.org/temples/main/0,11204,1912-1-109-0,00.html Official LDS Albuquerque New Mexico Temple page]
* [http://www.ldschurchtemples.com/albuquerque/ Albuquerque New Mexico Temple page]
* [http://www.lds.org/ The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints] - Official Site
* [http://www.mormon.org/ The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints] - Visitors Site
* [http://www.lightplanet.com/mormons/temples Mormon Temples] - Lightplanet
* [http://mormanity.blogspot.com/2005/01/mormon-temples-and-secrecy.html Mormon Temples and Secrecy]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.