- HMS Revenge
Thirteen warships of the
Royal Navyhave been named HMS "Revenge":
* HMS "Revenge" was a 46-gun
galleonlaunched in 1577. She fought the Spanish Armadain 1588, and was captured by a Spanish fleet 1591. She sank while being sailed back to Spain.
* HMS "Revenge" was a 42-gun ship, previously a merchantman, purchased in 1650 by the Royalists. Her crew deserted to the Parliamentarians in 1652, bringing the ship with them. She was renamed "Marmaduke", and was sunk in 1667 as a blockship.
* HMS "Revenge" was a 58-gun
third ratelaunched in 1654 as "Newbury", during the Commonwealth. She was renamed "HMS Revenge" at the Restoration, and was condemned in 1678.
* HMS "Revenge" was 70-gun
third ratelaunched in 1699, and renamed HMS "Buckingham" in 1711 before being hulked in 1727. She was subsequently sunk as a foundation in 1745.
*HMS "Revenge" was a 70-gun third rate ship of the line launched in 1673 as HMS "Swiftsure", and renamed HMS "Revenge" in 1716. She was rebuilt three times and was sold in 1787.
* HMS "Revenge" was a 28-gun
sixth ratelaunched in 1755. She foundered in 1782.
* HMS "Revenge" was a 14-gun
brig-sloopin service in 1778 and captured by the Americans in 1779.
* HMS "Revenge" was an 8-gun cutter purchased in 1796 and listed until 1798.
* HMS "Revenge" was a 74-gun third rate launched in 1805 and broken up in 1849.
* HMS "Revenge" was a 91-gun screw powered
second ratelaunched in 1859. She was used as a base ship from 1872, became a training shipand was renamed "Empress" in 1891, and was sold for breaking up in 1923.
* HMS "Revenge" was a "Royal Sovereign"-class
battleshiplaunched in 1892. She was renamed HMS "Redoubtable" in 1915 and was broken up in 1919.
* HMS "Revenge" was a "Revenge" class battleship, laid down as HMS "Renown", but renamed in 1913, prior to her launch in 1915. She was on harbour service from 1945 and was scrapped in 1948.
* HMS "Revenge" was a "Resolution"-class
submarinelaunched in 1968 and laid up in 1995.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
HMS Revenge (06) — HMS Revenge (pennant number 06) was the lead ship of the Revenge class of battleships of the Royal Navy, the ninth to bear the name. She was launched during World War I in 1915. Though the class is often referred to as the Royal Sovereign class,… … Wikipedia
HMS Revenge — ist der Name mehrerer Schiffe der Royal Navy: ein Linienschiff das an der Schlacht von Trafalgar teilnahm, siehe HMS Revenge (1805) ein Einheitslinienschoff der Royal Sovereign Klasse, siehe HMS Revenge (1892) eine Schlachtschiff der Revenge… … Deutsch Wikipedia
HMS Revenge (06) — Revenge Histoire A servi dans … Wikipédia en Français
HMS Revenge — [HMS Revenge] a ship commanded by Francis Drake and used in the battle against the ↑Armada in 1588. It was later commanded by Richard Grenville (1542–91) and captured by the Spanish in 1591 after a fierce battle. Lord Tennyson s poem The Revenge … Useful english dictionary
HMS Revenge (06) — Dienstzeit Bauwerft: Vickers, Barrow in Furness Kiellegung: 22. Dezember 1913 … Deutsch Wikipedia
HMS Revenge — Trece buques de la Royal Navy han recibido el nombre HMS Revenge: HMS Revenge fue un galeón de 46 cañones botado en 1577. Luchó contra la [[Armada Invencible]] en 1588 y fue capturado por la Armada Española en 1591. Se hundió mientras era… … Wikipedia Español
HMS Revenge (06) — Para otros buques con el mismo nombre, véase HMS Revenge. HMS Revenge (06) Perfil de los Clase R Banderas … Wikipedia Español
HMS Revenge — ➡ Revenge * * * … Universalium
HMS Revenge (1892) — HMS Revenge was a pre dreadnought battleship of the Royal Sovereign class of the British Royal Navy. She was renamed HMS Redoubtable in 1915.Technical Characteristics Revenge was laid down by Palmers on 12 February 1891, launched on 3 November… … Wikipedia
HMS Revenge (1577) — HMS Revenge , built at a cost of £4,000 at the Royal Dockyard of Deptford in 1577 by Mathew Baker, Master Shipwright, was to usher in a new style of ship building that would revolutionize naval warfare for the next three hundred years. A… … Wikipedia