- American String Teachers Association
The American String Teacher's Association (or ASTA) is a professional organization based in the
United Statesfor music teachers. It is the largest such national organization in the US for string teachers. It promotes learning to play string instruments in the next generation of American students, and also aims to place those students into orchestras as they grow more proficient. Originally two separate groups, ASTA and NSOA (National School Orchestra Association), the whole organization is now referred to as merely "ASTA".
In addition to publishing a journal four times a year, they offer books, publicity leaflets & posters, and conferences to help train and encourage string teachers, and help them promote their programs in schools and in their communities at large.
* Artist Teacher Award is given to an artist/pedagogue of renowned stature from within North America.
* Citations for Leadership and Merit are given to ASTA members who have made significant contributions to the association.
* Distinguished Service Award
* Elizabeth A.H. Green School Educator Award is given annually to a school string teacher with a current and distinguished career in a school orchestral setting. Elizabeth A.H. Green application.
* Isaac Stern International Award is given to an artist teacher whose identity need not be primarily within the American scene.
* Marvin J. Rabin Community Service Award is given to an individual or organization who makes significant contributions to their community by their teaching and leadership.
* Paul Rolland Lifetime Achievement Award is given to an individual of renowned stature whose identity need not be primarily with the American scene.
* Student Chapter Award is given to an ASTA student chapter for exemplary promotion of strings in and around the university community.
* Traugott Rohner Leadership in the Music Industry Award is given to a string industry leader whose identity is primarily from within North America.
Calendar of Events
* March 19-21, 2009: National Conference, National Orchestra Festival, National Solo Competition, Alternative Styles Awards, Atlanta, GA
February 17-20, 2010: National Conference, National Orchestra Festival & National High School Honors Orchestra, Santa Clara, CA
* February 27-March 1, 2008 - National Conference, National Orchestra Festival & National High School Honors Orchestra, Albuquerque , NM
* March 7-10, 2007: National Conference, National Orchestra Festival, & National Solo Competition, Detroit, MI
* [http://www.astaweb.com/ ASTA] official site
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Florida Music Educators Association — Infobox Union name= Florida Music Educators Association (FMEA) country= United States affiliation= MENC: The National Association for Music Education members= founded= 1944 office= Tallahassee, Florida, USA people= James Perry, Executive Director … Wikipedia
MENC: The National Association for Music Education — MENC logo MENC: The National Association for Music Education is an organization of American music educators dedicated to advancing and preserving music education and as part of the core curriculum of schools in the United States. Founded in 1907… … Wikipedia
Ten American Cello Etudes — is the first set of cello etudes of Aaron Minsky published by Oxford University Press. The set was published in 1988, making this the first set of cello etudes in a modern American style to be published by a major publisher. The last famous set… … Wikipedia
German American — German Americans Deutschamerikaner … Wikipedia
Music education — is a field of study associated with the teaching and learning of music. It touches on all domains of learning, including the psychomotor domain (the development of skills), the cognitive domain (the acquisition of knowledge), and, in particular… … Wikipedia
Montclair State University — For the New Jersey Transit train station, see Montclair State University (NJT station). Montclair State University Motto Carpe Diem Motto in English Seize the day Established 1908 … Wikipedia
O'Connor Method — Music education Major methodologies Kodály Method Orff Schulwerk Dalcroze Eurhythmics Suzuki method Instructional settings … Wikipedia
Orff Schulwerk — Music education Major methodologies Kodály Method Orff Schulwerk Dalcroze Eurhythmics Suzuki method Instructional settings … Wikipedia
Santa Monica High School — Infobox School name = Santa Monica High School motto = caption established = 1884 type = Public affiliation = district = Santa Monica Malibu Unified grades =9 12 president = principal = Dr. Hugo Pedroza head of school = dean = faculty = staff =… … Wikipedia
Milwaukee Youth Symphony Orchestra — The Milwaukee Youth Symphony Orchestra (MYSO) is a youth orchestra in Milwaukee. This is MYSO s 54th year of offering highest level of training in ensemble musicianship to motivated young people from diverse backgrounds across southeastern… … Wikipedia