- Sister Machine Gun
Infobox musical artist
Name = Sister Machine Gun
Img_capt = Sister Machine Gun: on the left is Miguel Turanzas, on the right is Chris Randall.
Background = group_or_band
Industrial music Industrial rock
Years_active = 1989 – 2007
Positron! Records Wax Trax! Records
Past_members = Chris Kelly
Sister Machine Gun was an industrial band based in Chicago, IL.
The Early Years
Sister Machine Gun was formed by Chris Randall and
Guilherme Machadoin New York City. They performed at New Jersey's Pipeline, and New York's Limelight. The band went on a short hiatus after Chris Randall joined KMFDM's tour as a stage technician. After the tour, Randall relocated to Chicago. Here, he found work in the mailroom of Wax Trax! Records, and began recording a demo with Jim Marcusand Van Christieof Die Warzau. The rough demo was given to Sascha Konietzkoof KMFDMfor mixing. Konietzko passed the demo along to Jim Nash, head of Wax Trax!, who then signed the band to a record deal.
The Wax Trax! Years
Sister Machine Gun's debut album Sins of the Flesh was released on Wax Trax! in 1992. During this time, Chris Randall assembled a group of musicians to tour in support of the album. Tom Gaul and
Steve Stolljoined the band, alongside Kelly and Randall. Stoll left the band after this tour, and work on the next album began.
The Torture Technique was released in 1994. Tom Gaul left midway through the recording process, after contributing to the album. New members were recruited for the upcoming tour. Guitarist Greg Lucas (later a member of
Final Cut) joined, as well as drummer Scott Churilla (later a member of The Reverend Horton Heat's band). Sister Machine gun went on to join the Angstfest tour with KMFDM and Chemlab.
After this tour, Chris Kelly left the band. Prior to the recording of Burn, Sister Machine Gun went on another tour. The lineup during this time consisted of Chris Randall, bassist Bob Jones, drummer Tom DeSalvo (former member of Chemlab), and Chris Schmidt on guitar.
The band then began work on the album Burn. Guitarist Geno Lenardo (of Filter) joined in the studio. Burn was released in 1995. The title track became one of the band's most recognizable songs, as it later appeared on the popular Mortal Kombat soundtrack.
The tour line-up at this time consisted of Chris Randall, bassist Richard Deacon, and drummer Kevin Temple (formerly of
Die Warzauand later Apartment 26). This line up remained mostly consistent throughout the touring for Burn and Metropolis, with guitarists Pat Sprawl and Brian Sarche joining at various times.
The final Sister Machine Gun album on Wax Trax!, Metropolis, was released in 1997.
Reeves Gabrelsdid guitar work on the album.
The Positron! Years
After 1997's "Metropolis" album, Sister Machine Gun left Wax Trax. The rest of the band's material was released on Chris Randall's
Positron! Records, the record label he founded and operates with his wife, Lisa.
In 2007, Sister Machine Gun officially disbanded and Chris Randall began a solo career.
Primary Member History
Guilherme Machado joined Randall in Chicago for the recording of the band's debut album, Sins of the Flesh. After recording some guitar parts, Machado left the band. After the completion of the album, Chris Kelly joined the band. After Kelly's departure in 1995, Randall continued the band primarily as a solo project. Miguel Turanzas joined the band in 1999, and continued as a member until it was disbanded in 2007.
* "Sins of the Flesh" (1992; WaxTrax! Records)
* "The Torture Technique" (1994; WaxTrax!/TVT Records)
* "Burn" (1995; WaxTrax!/TVT Records)
* "Metropolis" (1997; WaxTrax!/TVT Records)
* " [Revolution (Sister Machine Gun album)| [R] evolution] " (1999; Positron! Records)
6.0" (2000; Positron! Records)
* "Influence" (2003; Positron! Records)
* "Not My God" (Single, 1992; WaxTrax! Records)
* "Addiction" (Single, 1993; WaxTrax!/TVT Records)
* "Wired/Lung" (CDEP, 1994; WaxTrax!/TVT Records)
* "Nothing" (Single, 1994; WaxTrax!/TVT Records)
* "Hole in the Ground" (Promo only CD/12", 1995; WaxTrax!/TVT Records)
* "Burn 3.2" (Promo only Single, 1996; Wax Trax!/TVT Records)
* " [R] evolution 5.1" (Single, 1999; Positron! Records/mp3.com) -- MP3 only double a-side single Smash Your Radio b/w Carbon Copy. Available for a limited time only from mp3.com.
* "Transient 5.2 EP" (CDEP, 2000; Positron! Records) -- This was originally limited to 1000 numbered copies. It has since been released in a non-limited form.
* "sistermachinegun: 6.5: the desert companion" (CDEP, 2001; Positron! Records)
* "sistermachinegun: 6.6: machine" (CDEP, 2002; Positron! Records)
* "To Hell With You" (Single, 2004; Positron! Records)
* "Afterburn: Wax Trax-94 & Beyond" (1994; TVT Records) -- "Nothing (Mulatto Mix)"
* "" (1994; TVT Records) -- "Addiction" from "Sins of the Flesh"
Mortal Kombat (soundtrack)" (1995; TVT Records) -- "Burn" from "Burn"
* "Hideaway (Soundtrack)" (1995; TVT Records) -- "Lung (Bronchitis Mix)" from "Wired/Lung"
* "" (1996; TVT Records) -- "Deeper Down"
* "Wax Trax! Records – Summer Swindle 1996" (Promo sampler, 1996; Wax Trax!/TVT Records) -- "Hole in the Ground (
* "Scream (Soundtrack)" (1996; TVT Records) -- "Better Than Me" from "Burn"
* "Resonance" (1997; Decibel Records) -- "Bust It"
* "Sonic Adventure Remix" (1998; TOSHIBA-EMI Limited Japan)-- "Remix of Open Your Heart
Komposi001" (2002; Positron! Records) -- "Damage" and "Bang Bang (Fully Operational Mix)"
Komposi002" (2003; Positron! Records) -- "I Don't Need" and "To Hell With You ( Christ AnalogueRemix)"
Komposi003" (2006; Positron! Records) -- "Sink"
* "Black Box: Wax Trax! Records, The First 13 Years (A video Retrospective) Volume 1" (1994; TVT Records) -- "Not My God" appears on the album "Sins of the Flesh"
* "Black Box: Wax Trax! Records, The First 13 Years (A video Retrospective) Volume 2" (1994; TVT Records) -- "Wired" appears on the album "The Torture Technique"
* "SMG 6.0 Record Release Show" (VCD, 2001; Positron! Records)
* "SMG 6.5 Record Release Show" (DVD, 2002; Positron! Records)
* [http://www.sistermachinegun.com/ Official site]
* [http://www.waxtrax-not-subpop.com/interviews/Sister_Machine_Gun_ARC_1994.html Interview in ARC November 1994]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Metropolis (Sister Machine Gun album) — Metropolis Studio album by Sister Machine Gun Released July 15, 1997 Genre … Wikipedia
Revolution (Sister Machine Gun album) — Infobox Album | Name = [R] evolution Type = Album Artist = Sister Machine Gun Released = June 15,1999 Recorded = Warzone Genre = Industrial rock Length = Label = Positron! Records Producer = Chris Randall, Van Christie Abel Garibaldi Reviews = *… … Wikipedia
Burn (Sister Machine Gun album) — Infobox Album | Name = Burn Type = Album Artist = Sister Machine Gun Released = October 24, 1995 Recorded = Genre = Industrial rock Length = Label = Wax Trax! Records/TVT Records Producer = Chris Randall Reviews = * Allmusic Rating|2|5… … Wikipedia
List of Gun Sword characters — This is a list of the fictional characters, with biographical details, in the Japanese anime Gun Sword (full name Gun x Sword, the x is silent, the story of which takes place on the fictional Planet of Endless Illusion .ProtagonistsVananime… … Wikipedia
Chris Randall (musician) — Chris Randall Born 1968 Origin Honolulu, Hawaii Genres Blues Jazz … Wikipedia
6.0 — Infobox Album | Name = 6.0 Type = Album Artist = Sister Machine Gun Released = April 17,2001 Recorded = Accelerator Genre = Industrial rock Length = Label = Positron! Records Producer = Chris Randall Reviews = * Allmusic rating|2|5… … Wikipedia
Die Warzau — Origin Chicago, Illinois Genres New Wave, Synthpop, Industrial, EBM Years active 1987–2011 Labels Fiction … Wikipedia
Charles Levi — is the bassist for My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult and project .44. He has appeared on other artists albums, such as Chemlab and Pigface, as well as being in the films The Crow and Black From the Dead. Levi also recorded bass for Sister Machine … Wikipedia
Jim Marcus — Infobox musical artist Name = Jim Marcus Background = solo singer Birth name = James Marcus Born = birth date and age|1966|3|22 Died = Origin = Chicago, Illinois, United States Genre = Industrial, dance, rock Occupation = Singer, songwriter,… … Wikipedia
KMFDM — à Halifax Pays d’origine … Wikipédia en Français