- List of films depicting Colombia
This is a list of films depicting Colombia or specific aspects of it, such as its role in the illegal drug trade or its internal conflict. It is very common that those films (i.e. Collateral Damage, Mr. & Ms. Smith, XXX) fail in the reproduction of the country: Some of these mistakes include showing Bogotá or Medellín as sylvatic or coastal regions, using Mexican or Cuban actors (different from Colombians, especially accent), and a general inaccuracy regarding the depiction of how the conflicts between government and drug-trading cartels work.
- Behind Enemy Lines: Colombia
- Bruce Almighty
- Clear and Present Danger
- Collateral Damage
- Lord of War
- Mr. & Mrs. Smith
- Proof of Life
- Delta Force 2: The Colombian Connection
- The Specialist
- Romancing the Stone
- Miami Vice
- Green Ice
- Superman III
- The Wizad (David Rapparport)(1988)
- Mission: Impossible: Church Bells in Bogota (1990) - Director: Arch Nicholson Main Cast: Peter Graves, Thaao Penghlis, Tony Hamilton, Phil Morris, Jane Badler
Release Year: 1990 Country: US Run Time: 60 minutes
- Paraiso Travel (2008), specially the impoverished comunas of Medellin.
- Soñar No Cuesta Nada (2006), based on a true story about a group of Colombian soldiers that found huge amounts of illegal money hidden by guerrilla in the middle of the jungle. The events took place during the Holy Week of 2003. Submitted to the Academy Awards as a candidate for Best Foreign Language Film (2007).
- Maria Full of Grace (2004), a Colombian-American production
- Love In The Time Of Cholera (2008)
- Rosario Tijeras (2005), based on the novel of Jorge Franco, directed by Emilio Maillé
- La Virgen de los Sicarios (2000), based on the novel of Fernando Vallejo, directed by Barbet Schroeder
- Golpe de Estadio
- Rodrigo D: No Future
- La Vendedora de Rosas
- Sumas y Restas
- La estrategia del caracol (1993), directed and produced by Sergio Cabrera.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Colombia in popular culture — The depiction of Colombia in popular culture, especially the portrayal of Colombian people in film and fiction, has been asserted by Colombian organizations and government to be largely negative and has raised concerns that it reinforces, or even … Wikipedia
List of Colombian films — List of Colombian films.1920s1950s1960s* Antioquia crisol de libertad (1960), by Alejandro Kerk. * Chambú (1961), by Alejandro Kerk. * El hijo de la choza (1961), by Enoch Roldán. * Entre risas y lágrimas (1961), by Enrique Gutiérrez Simón and… … Wikipedia
Lists of films — This article contains a summary list of Wikipedia articles containing film lists. By letter and number This is an index by letter and number of all film articles in Wikipedia. Please, update it first.In the beginning of film titles, ignore all… … Wikipedia
Art of Colombia — Colombian art has 3,500 years of history and covers a wide range of media and styles ranging from Spanish Baroque devotional painting to Quimbaya gold craftwork to the lyrical americanism of painter Alejandro Obregón (1920 1992). Perhaps the most … Wikipedia
Motion picture rating system — Parental Guidance redirects here. For the Singaporean TV series, see Parental Guidance (TV series). For the Judas Priest song, see Parental Guidance (song). A motion picture rating system is designated to classify films with regard to suitability … Wikipedia
Our Lady of the Assassins (film) — Our Lady of the Assassins Theatrical release poster Directed by Barbet Schroeder Written by … Wikipedia
Louis XIV of France — Louis XIV and Louis Quatorze redirect here. For other uses, see Louis XIV (disambiguation) and Louis Quatorze (disambiguation). Sun King and Le Roi Soleil redirect here. For the Beatles song, see Sun King (song). For the French musical, see Le… … Wikipedia
Maria Full of Grace — Theatrical release poster Directed by Joshua Marston Produced by … Wikipedia
Lollywood — (Urdu: لالی وڈ) refers to the Pakistani film industry based in the city of Lahore. The word Lollywood was first coined in the summer of 1989 in the now defunct magazine Glamour published from Karachi by a gossip columnist Saleem Nasir. The film… … Wikipedia
Cinema of Hong Kong — A statue on the Avenue of Stars, a tribute to Hong Kong cinema. The cinema of … Wikipedia