- Soundtrack from the Film More
Soundtrack from the Film More Soundtrack album by Pink Floyd Released 27 July 1969 Recorded March 1969, Pye Studios, London Genre Psychedelic rock, progressive rock Length 44:56 Language English Label Columbia/EMI UK
Harvest Records US
Producer Pink Floyd Pink Floyd chronology A Saucerful of Secrets
Soundtrack from the Film More
Singles from Soundtrack from the Film More
- "The Nile Song"
Pink Floyd soundtracks chronology Tonite Let's All Make Love in London
Professional ratings Review scores Source Rating Allmusic  Rolling Stone  Yahoo! Music (favourable) link[dead link]
Soundtrack from the Film More is the first full-length soundtrack album by the English rock band Pink Floyd, released on 27 July 1969. The film More was made in Luxembourg in 1969 and was directed by Barbet Schroeder. In it, two songs can be heard that were not included on the album: "Seabirds", and "Hollywood". The album actually comprises the other music used in the film, sometimes in a completely different form.
The original American edition shortened the title to just More. This was the last of three Pink Floyd albums to be released in the United States by the Tower Records division of Capitol Records. The 1973 US re-issue was released on Harvest Records. Although the CD edition restores the original United Kingdom title in all countries, it is represented differently on the spine (Music from the Film More) and label More.
More contains some acoustic folk ballads, a genre that appeared sparsely on later works. It also contains some of the band's "heaviest" recordings such as "The Nile Song" and "Ibiza Bar", as well as several instrumental tracks, featuring their experimental and avant-garde approach.
This is Pink Floyd's first full album without founding member Syd Barrett, who was ousted from the group in early 1968 during the recording of their previous album, A Saucerful of Secrets. It is the only Pink Floyd album to feature David Gilmour as the sole lead vocalist, except for 1987's A Momentary Lapse of Reason and it is also the first album to be produced by Pink Floyd without assistance from Norman Smith. It was recorded at Pye Studios, Marble Arch, London and engineered by Brian Humphries. More reached #9 in the UK and—upon re-release in 1973—#153 in the US. In 1987, the album was re-released on CD. A digitally remastered CD was released in 1995 in the UK and 1996 in the US.
All lead vocals performed by David Gilmour. All songs on side one by Roger Waters except where noted. All songs on side two by Roger Waters, David Gilmour, Richard Wright and Nick Mason except where noted.
Side one No. Title Writer(s) Length 1. "Cirrus Minor" 5:18 2. "The Nile Song" 3:26 3. "Crying Song" 3:33 4. "Up the Khyber" (instrumental) Mason, Wright 2:12 5. "Green Is the Colour" 2:58 6. "Cymbaline" 4:50 7. "Party Sequence" (instrumental) Waters, Wright, Gilmour, Mason 1:07 Side two No. Title Writer(s) Length 1. "Main Theme" (instrumental) 5:27 2. "Ibiza Bar" 3:19 3. "More Blues" (instrumental) 2:12 4. "Quicksilver" (instrumental) 7:13 5. "A Spanish Piece" Gilmour 1:05 6. "Dramatic Theme" (instrumental) 2:15
- Roger Waters – bass guitar, guitar, tape and birdsong effects, bongos, gong, backing vocals
- Nick Mason – percussion, drums, bongos
- Richard Wright – Hammond and Farfisa organs, piano, vibraphone, bongos
- David Gilmour – acoustic, electric, slide, and Flamenco guitars, tape effects, bongos, vocals
- Additional personnel
Sales chart performance
Year Chart Position 1969 UK Albums Chart 9 1973 Billboard Pop Albums 153
- ^ Unterberger, Richie. Album review at Allmusic. Retrieved 3 July 2011.
- ^ "Pink Floyd album guide". Rolling Stone. http://www.rollingstone.com/music/artists/pink-floyd/albumguide. Retrieved 3 July 2011.
- ^ Relics, Pink Floyd: Review, Allmusic.
- ^ J. DeRogatis, Turn On Your Mind: Four Decades of Great Psychedelic Rock (Milwaukee, Michigan: Hal Leonard, 2003), ISBN 0634055488, p.132.
- ^ Nick Mason, Inside Out, first edition p129
- ^ "Chart Stats - Pink Floyd - More". www.chartstats.com. http://www.chartstats.com/albuminfo.php?id=2445. Retrieved 2009-07-02.
- ^ Billboard chart peak position at Allmusic. Retrieved 3 July 2011.
- Blake, Mark (2008). Comfortably Numb — The Inside Story of Pink Floyd (1st US paperback ed.). Da Capo Press. ISBN 0-306-81752-7, 978-0-306-81752-6. http://books.google.com/books?id=2I0eaxtu6HEC&pg=PA264&dq=nick+mason&cd=8#v=onepage&q=nick%20mason&f=false.
- Mason, Nick (2005). Inside Out: A Personal History of Pink Floyd (1st US paperback ed.). Chronicle Books. ISBN 0-8118-4824-8, 978-0811848244. http://books.google.com/books?id=idOGghPNM6UC&printsec=frontcover&dq=nick+mason&cd=1#v=onepage&q=&f=false.
- Povey, Glen (2008). Echoes: the complete history of Pink Floyd (2nd UK paperback ed.). 3C Publishing Ltd.. ISBN 0955462401, 978-0-9554624-1-2. http://books.google.com/books?id=qnnl3FnO-B4C&dq=glenn+povey+echoes&printsec=frontcover&source=bn&hl=en&ei=zyKXS9_BBoaisgOZ7oHCAQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CBEQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=&f=false.
- Povey, Glen; Russell, Ian (1997). Pink Floyd: in the flesh, the complete performance history (1st US paperback ed.). St. Martin's Press. ISBN 0-312-19175-8, 978-0-9554624-0-5. http://books.google.com/books?id=Yqqic3DZhVUC&printsec=frontcover&dq=pink+floyd+in+the+flesh&cd=1#v=onepage&q=pink%20floyd%20in%20the%20flesh&f=false.
- Schaffner, Nicholas (1991). Saucerful of Secrets: the Pink Floyd odyssey (1st US paperback ed.). Dell Publishing. ISBN 0-385-30684-9, 978-0-385-30684-3. http://books.google.com/books?id=lOpy2HO-w4IC&q=a+saucerful+of+secrets&dq=a+saucerful+of+secrets&cd=1.
Soundtrack from the Film More Side one Side two
- "The Nile Song"
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Music From the Film More — Soundtrack from the Film More Pour les articles homonymes, voir More. More Album par Pink Floyd Sortie 27 juillet 1969 Enregistrement … Wikipédia en Français
Music from the Film More — More Саундтрек Pink Floyd … Википедия
Music From the Film More — Pink Floyd – Music From the Film More Veröffentlichung 27. Juli 1969 Label ursprünglich: Columbia (EMI) (Europa) Capitol Records (USA) Neuauflagen: EMI (Europa) Capitol Records (USA) Format(e) CD, LP … Deutsch Wikipedia
More Rocktastic Music from the Film — Film score by Tenacious D Released Februar … Wikipedia
The Film Department — is an independent movie production, finance and international sales company based in West Hollywood. The company was founded by Warner Independent and Miramax president Mark Gill and former Yari Film Group COO and Miramax veteran Neil Sacker. In… … Wikipedia
From Beyond (film) — Infobox Film name = From Beyond caption = Theatrical release poster director = Stuart Gordon producer = Brian Yuzna writer = Short Story: H. P. Lovecraft Adaptation: Dennis Paoli Brian Yuzna Stuart Gordon starring = Jeffrey Combs Barbara Crampton … Wikipedia
From the Earth to the Moon — This article is about the Jules Verne novel. For the 1958 film adaptation, see From the Earth to the Moon (film). For the unrelated miniseries, see From the Earth to the Moon (TV miniseries). From the Earth to the Moon … Wikipedia
Music from The Body — Soundtrack album by Ron Geesin and Roger Waters Released 28 November 1970 Recorded … Wikipedia
One from the Heart — For the soundtrack recorded by Tom Waits and Crystal Gayle, see One from the Heart (album). One from the Heart theatrical poster Directed by … Wikipedia
What If God Fell from the Sky — Infobox Single Name = What If God Fell From The Sky Artist = Danielle Brisebois from Album = Arrive All Over You Released = 1994 Format = CD, cassette, 7 Recorded = ??? Genre = Rock Length = 2:54 Label = Epic Records Producer = Gregg Alexander… … Wikipedia