- Jill Lajdziak
Jill Lajdziak (pronounced La-Jek [http://dealer-magazine.com/issues/issues/may2004/10questionsmay2004.html Dealer magazine interview with explanation of the pronunciation of the Lajdziak name] ] ) is the
General Managerof General Motors' Saturn division. In 2005, she was named one of the 100 Leading Women in the North American Auto Industry, along with 19 other GM colleagues, which made GM the most represented company on the list. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
] ] Jill has two children, one of whom is of legal driving age (16 years old as of an interview posted 8/15/2006 [ [http://progressive.powerstream.net/002/00317/AWmore_8.mp3 AutoWeek interview] ] ) and drives a
Saturn Vuesport utility vehicle.
Brillion, Wisconsin, Lajdziak earned her BSc in business marketingand management from the University of Wisconsin-Green Bayin 1979. Her experience includes a position with Elf Aquitaine Norge A/S, a Norwegian subsidiary of Elf Aquitaine. Later, she worked at a GM dealership as sales and service representative.
In 1980, Jill Lajdziak formally joined General Motors, gradually advancing through the following positions (year of appointment given):
* 1980 - District Sales Manager, Chevrolet Motor Division
* 1983 - Metro District Sales Manager for
* 1984 - Assistant Manager, General Motors
Career with Saturn
Continuing her advancement within General Motors Corporation, Jill Lajdziak joined the newly-founded Saturn Corporation in 1986, playing a vital part in the development of Saturn's retailer network, which was crucial to the brand's success. Her positions included (year of appointment given):
* 1986 - Manager of Retailer Selection
* 1987 - Manager of Retailer Network Development
* 1989 - Regional Manager of Central United States
* 1995 (March) - Executive Director of Customer/Retail Operations & Strategies Team
* 1997 - Executive Director of Retailer Network Development [http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1:19767585/Saturn+Corp~R~+(Jill+Lajdziak+appointed+executive+director+of+marketing)(Personnel)(Brief+Article).html?refid=SEO Press release concerning Lajdziak's appointment as Executive Director of Retailer Network Development] ]
* 1999 - Vice President of Sales, Service, and Marketing
In 2004, the position of Saturn was redefined within General Motors, with Saturn losing a seat on GM's board. Jill Lajdziak was appointed "General Manager of Saturn", with responsibilities encompassing brand and product development, marketing and supervision of the field organization. This more brand-oriented role of both Lajdziak and Saturn as a GM division put the formerly more independent corporation more in line with other GM North American brands. [http://www.saturnfans.com/Company/2004/lajdziakroleredefined.shtml Clarification of Jill Lajdziak's new role] ]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Brillion, Wisconsin — Infobox Settlement official name = Brillion, Wisconsin settlement type = City nickname = motto = imagesize = image caption = image mapsize = 250px map caption = Location of Brillion, Wisconsin mapsize1 = map caption1 = subdivision type = Country… … Wikipedia
University of Wisconsin-Green Bay — Infobox University name=University of Wisconsin Green Bay established=1965 type=State university chancellor=David J. Ward (interim) city=Green Bay state=Wisconsin country=USA campus=Suburban enrollment=6,100 undergrad=5,878 postgrad=311 faculty=… … Wikipedia