- Ministry of Health of the People's Republic of China
Ministry of Health of the People's Republic of China 中华人民共和国卫生部 Agency overview Formed 1949 Jurisdiction People's Republic of China Headquarters Beijing Agency executive Chen Zhu, Minister for Health Parent agency State Council Website www.moh.gov.cn/
The Ministry of Health (MOH; Chinese: 卫生部; pinyin: Wèishēng Bù) of the Government of the People's Republic of China is an executive agency of the state which plays the role of providing information, raising health awareness and education, ensuring the accessibility of health services, and monitoring the quality of health services provided to citizens and visitors in the mainland of the People's Republic of China.
The MOH is also involved in the control of illness and disease, coordinating the utilisation of resources and expertise where necessary. It also cooperates and keeps in touch with other health ministries and departments, including those of the special administrative regions, and the World Health Organization (WHO).
It is headed by the Minister for Health, a position currently held by Dr Chen Zhu (陈竺). At present, Chen Zhu is the only non-partisan minister in the State Council, and one of the two ministers who are not members of the Communist Party of China.
Functions and responsibilities
The MOH reports directly to the State Council. Its functions include: 
- Drafting laws, regulations, plans and policies related to public health
- Formulating policies for maternity and child-care programs
- Overseeing disease prevention and treatment
- Controlling the spread of epidemics
- Supervising blood collection
- Reforming medical institutions
- Overseeing state hospitals
- Drawing up medical science and technology development projects
- Setting quality standards for foods and cosmetics
- Overseeing medical education and setting related standards
- Controlling the Beijing Medical College and the Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences; and
- Overseeing the State Administration of Traditional Chinese Medicine
List of ministers
- Li Dequan (李德全): November 1949-January 1965
- Qian Xinzhong (钱信忠): January 1965-June 1968
- Qiu Guoguang (邱国光): June 1968-June 1970
- Chen Renhong (陈仁洪): June 1970-July 1973
- Liu Xiangping (刘湘屏) July 1973-October 1976
- Jiang Yizhen (江一真): 1977 -1979
- Qian Xinzhong (钱信忠): 1979 -1982
- Cui Yueli (崔月犁): 1982 -1987
- Chen Minzhang (陈敏章): 1987 -1998
- Zhang Wenkang (张文康): 1998-2003
- Wu Yi (吴仪): 2003-2005
- Gao Qiang (高强): 2005-2007
- Chen Zhu (陈竺): 2007- (incumbent)
- State Council of the People's Republic of China
- Ministries of China
- Ministry of Health
- The State Council
- Ministry of Health (Chinese)
- "Critical health literacy: a case study from China in schistosomiasis control"
- "Children's Health and Care" in China.
- "Relationship with China's Ministry of Health and the Chinese Nursing Association" in the University of Michigan.
Health in the People's Republic of China Healthcare Medicine and pharmaceutical DiseasesAvian influenza · Blue-ear disease · Cardiovascular disease · Chronic diseases · Enterovirus 71 (EV71) · Fujian flu · Hepatitis B · HIV/AIDS · Iodine deficiency · Leprosy · Mental health · Obesity · Pneumonic plague · SARS (outbreak progress) · Stroke · Swine influenza outbreak · Tuberculosis · Disease-related deaths GovernmentMinistry of Health · Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention · State Food and Drug Administration · State Administration of Traditional Chinese Medicine · State Administration of Work Safety · Hong Kong Department of Health · National Population and Family Planning Commission · General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine Other related issues Studies
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Ministry of Commerce of the People's Republic of China — 中华人民共和国商务部 Agency overview Formed 2003 Preceding agency Ministry of Foreign Trade and Economic Co operation Jurisdiction … Wikipedia
Ministry of Transport of the People's Republic of China — 中华人民共和国交通运输部 Agency overview Preceding agencies Ministry of Communications Civil Aviation Administration State Postal Bureau Jurisdiction … Wikipedia
Ministry of Finance of the People's Republic of China — 中华人民共和国财政部 Agency overview Formed 1949 Jurisdiction … Wikipedia
Ministry of Justice of the People's Republic of China — 中华人民共和国司法部 Agency overview Jurisdiction People s Republic of China … Wikipedia
Ministry of Education of the People's Republic of China — 中华人民共和国教育部 Agency overview Formed 1998 Jurisdiction … Wikipedia
Ministry of Supervision of the People's Republic of China — 中华人民共和国监察部 Agency overview Jurisdiction People s Republic of Chi … Wikipedia
Ministry of Culture of the People's Republic of China — 中华人民共和国文化部 Agency overview Jurisdiction People s Republic of China … Wikipedia
Ministry of Agriculture of the People's Republic of China — 中华人民共和国农业部 Agency overview Jurisdiction People s Republic of Chi … Wikipedia
Public health in the People's Republic of China — This article is about public health in the People s Republic of China, excluding Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau. Since the founding of the People s Republic of China, the goal of healthcare programs has been to provide care to every member of the… … Wikipedia
Mental health in the People's Republic of China — Contents 1 History 2 Current 3 Collaboration 4 See also 5 References … Wikipedia