- Cars (video game)
title = Cars
Nintendo DSversion cover art
Pacific Coast Power & Light(PSP)
released =PS2, PSP, GameCube, Nintendo DS & GBA
June 6, 2006
July 6, 2006
July 14, 2006
PC & Xbox
June 6, 2006
July 14, 2006
October 23, 2006
November 17, 2006
November 23, 2006
November 16, 2006
December 8, 2006
December 14, 2006
March 22, 2007
Racing, Adventure game
Single player, Multiplayer
ratings = vgratings|ESRB=E|PEGI=3+|OFLCA=G
PlayStation 2, Xbox, PlayStation 3, Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo DS, PlayStation Portable, IBM PC compatible, Macintosh, Game Boy Advance, Xbox 360, Wii
DVD, Universal Media Disc, Cartridge (electronics), CD-ROM
followed by =
"Cars" is a
video gamebased on the film of the same name, and a sequel to the Disney/ Pixarfilm. It is available or in production for the following systems: Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, PlayStation 3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Nintendo GameCube, Wii, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, Mobile Phones and Leapster.
PlayStation Portable, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, Mobile and Leapster versions of the game have different gameplay, storyline and characters than the other platforms.
The Wii version includes functionality geared towards its controller, and is a launch game. It also features the voiceover cast from the "Cars" film.cite web|last=Bozon |first=Mark | date=
2006-05-18|url=http://revolution.ign.com/articles/709/709258p1.html |title=Wii: The Launch Games | publisher= IGN| accessdate=2006-05-19]
Taking place after the events of the movie, Lightning McQueen must prepare for and race in the 2006 Piston Cup season.
On April 7, 2007, THQ and Pixar announced a sequel titled
Cars Mater-National. It was released on November 19, 2007 for Wii and October 31st, 2007 for other consoles.
Cars Mater-National has significant improvements over the original game, such as updated visuals and levels.
* Radiator Springs Grand Prix: In what is later revealed to be a dream, Lightning races against Doc, Sally, Ramone, and a British car named Fletcher. Mater does commentary for the race.
* Lizzie's Postcard Hunt: McQueen accidentally turns on a fan in Lizzie's shop, sending her 60-year-old postcard collection flying out the window. Throughout the rest of the game, McQueen can find and retrieve the cards, of which there are 20 total. When you find them all, you can go back to Lizzie's and give them back, but she doesn't even remember that she lost them.
* Radiator Cap Circuit: Fletcher and Gerald, racers from Britain, and El Guapo and Papo, racers from Mexico, all challenge McQueen to a race around Radiator Springs. Interestingly, this appears to be Fletcher and McQueen's first meeting, despite McQueen's having dreamed of Fletcher the previous night.
* Tractor Tipping: A mini-game in which Lightning and Mater go out tractor tipping, despite risk of being caught by Frank, the insane combine.
* Sally's Sunshine Circuit: The groupie twins, Mia and Tia, want to drive with Lightning. Sally challenges them to a race; the winner will drive with Lightning. Flo also races. The level is played as Sally.
* Doc's Lesson: Powerslide: Doc trains McQueen to
powerslide(i.e. turn right to go left) around Willy's Butte.
* Doc's Challenge: Doc and McQueen race around a track which is considerably more challenging than a circle around Willy's Butte.
* Palm Mile Speedway: The first Piston Cup race.
* Luigi to the Rescue: McQueen informs Luigi that there are some tires lying around all over town. Luigi disagrees that McQueen says Mater should pick them up and sets out to collect them when he is lonely.
* Boostin' with Fillmore: McQueen tastes some of Fillmore's Super-Octane Boost Juice and inquires if it could help him go faster. To test it, they race around town. Ramone, Tia, and Mia also participate in the race. When the race is over, McQueen gets permanently equipped with a boost tank, which can speed him up to a limited extent.
* North Desert Dash: El Guapo and Papo boast about their new gold rims. The taunting soon inspires Fletcher and Gerald to race them. McQueen also participates.
* Sarge's Boot Camp: McQueen runs an obstacle course designed to make him more agile off-road.
* Sarge's Off-Road Challenge: Sarge forces a tired and overheated McQueen into a long off-road race. Ramone, Fillmore, and Sheriff also race.
* Motor Speedway of the South: Also know as Motor City Speedway, The second Piston Cup race, which was the setting of the movie.
* Mater's Backwards Lesson: Mater teaches McQueen to drive backwards.
* Sheriff's Chase: McQueen and Sheriff reminisce about their chase scene from the movie. McQueen notes that he was only caught because of he got tangled in barbed wire and telephone wires. Sheriff asks him if he'd like a rematch, and McQueen accepts. The two of them do a single-lap, one-on-one race.
* Sheriff's Hot Pursuit: Sheriff chases speeders. The mini-game has five levels: Speeders (Fletcher, Gerald, and Mia), Hooligans (El Guapo, Tia, and Barry), Road Hazards (Snot Rod, Papo, and Lenny), Delinquents (DJ, Wingo, and Sonny), and Hot Rodders (Vince, Boost, and Chick Hicks).
* Rustbucket Race-O-Rama: In Ornament Valley, a previously broken-down racing arena called Rustbucket is the site of a demolition derby known as the Rustbucket Race-O-Rama. Mater races, along with six cars who are just as rusty and beaten-up as he is: Zeke, Lewis, Buford, Cletus, Judd, and his long-lost cousin Tommy Joe. When Mater wins the race, he is awarded with a boost tank, which he gives as a present to McQueen. The boost now lasts longer.
* Ornament Valley Circuit: Four racecars from New York (Vince, Barry, Sonny, and Lenny) challenge Lightning to a race around Ornament Valley.
* Sun Valley International Speedway: The third Piston Cup race.
* Sally's Wheel Well Sprint: Sally and McQueen race from town, through Tailfin Pass, to the Wheel Well Motel.
* Doc's Check-Up: Doc gives McQueen a check-up, which is concluded by the two of them, as well as Ramone, Fillmore, and Sheriff, racing around town.
* Tailfin Pass Circuit: McQueen, Fletcher, El Guapo, Vince, and Sonny race around Tailfin Pass.
* Delinquent Road Hazards: Boost, Wingo, DJ, and Snot Rod, the tuner cars who appeared briefly in the movie, refuse to let McQueen pass, stating that the road is closed to him specifically. McQueen challenges them to a race, saying that when he wins, he will be allowed to pass. When Lightning demands that one of Boost's tanks be thrown into the deal, they become determined to win. When McQueen wins, Boost gives him a tank, says "This isn't over, McQueen!", and drives away with the rest of the gang close behind.
* Monster Truck Mayhem: Luigi outfits McQueen with monster truck suspension so that he can race with three ugly-looking monster trucks, Count Spatula, Ginormous, and The Crippler.
* Chick's Challenge: Chick Hicks appears in Ornament Valley and challenges McQueen to a race, in which Vince, Barry, and Sonny also participate. When Lightning wins, he says that he'll be seeing Chick on the track for the upcoming Piston Cup race. Chick replies "Yeah, I'll see ya, if you ever make it there" and speeds away, leaving McQueen puzzled.
* High Speed Heist: When Mack is on the Interstate, the Delinquent Road Hazards rob him of McQueen's gear. First, DJ locates him and plays soothing music to get him to sleep. Then, Boost follows, jumping onto the roof of Mack's trailer via a movable ramp that was presumably placed by Snot Rod. Boost opens Mack's trailer, and Wingo collects all of Lightning's supplies.
* Lightning Strikes Back: Mack calls and tells Sheriff about the robbery. Lightning goes onto the Interstate and collects his gear back from the Delinquent Road Hazards, heavily denting them in the process. They get locked in the impound and confess that Chick hired them. Sheriff tells Lightning that Doc will deal with the Delinquent Road Hazards.
* Smasherville International Speedway: The fourth Piston Cup race. When Lightning wins, Chick is outraged. Lightning offers a rematch, which Chick gladly accepts. Darrell Cartrip suggests that they have a televised grudge match. Lightning recalls his dream from the beginning of the game and suggests that there be a Radiator Springs Grand Prix: three races, each in a different part of Ornament Valley.
* Radiator Springs Grand Prix: Mater and Darrell commentate a longer, harder version of the race in Lightning's dream, which Lightning races against Chick, Fletcher, Gerald & El Guapo.
* Tailfin Pass Grand Prix: A complicated, dangerous race around Tailfin Pass. Vince replaces Fletcher as the fifth racer.
* Ornament Valley Grand Prix: After a boring interview with Vince, the final race of the Grand Prix takes place. Vince, Barry, and Sonny race along with McQueen and Chick.
* Los Angeles International Speedway: The final Piston Cup race, in which Lightning wins his Piston Cup. To celebrate, he, Mater, and Sally go on a cross-county road trip. McQueen places his Piston Cup in the window of Doc's clinic, alongside Doc's three Piston Cups.
* Tractor Tipping (8 levels)
* Doc's Lesson: Powerslide
* Luigi to the Rescue (8 levels)
* Sarge's Boot Camp (3 levels)
* Mater's Backwards Lesson
* Sheriff's Hot Pursuit (Categories: Speeders, Hooligans, Road Hazards, Delinquents and Hot Rodders)
* High Speed Heist (where The Delinquent Road Hazards hijack Mack and grab Lightning's goods)
* Lightning Strikes Back (where Lightning retrieves his goods and The Delinquent Road Hazards, arrested by Sheriff)
Playable Characters in Arcade Mode
* Lightning McQueen
* Sally Carrera
* Doc Hudson
* Chick Hicks
* Darrell Cartrip (piston cup arcade mode only)
* Strip "The King" Weathers (piston cup arcade mode only)
* Lightning McQueen (monster truck version)
* Count Spatula (a monster truck new to the video game)
Playable Characters In Certain Levels
* Mater (Tractor Tipping & Rustbucket Race-O-Rama)
* Sally Carrera (Sally's Sunshine Circuit)
* Sheriff (Sheriff's Hot Pursuit)
* Luigi (Luigi to the Rescue)
* Boost (High Speed Heist)
* Wingo (High Speed Heist)
* DJ (High Speed Heist)
Other Characters Appearing
* Snot Rod
* Mia & Tia
* Fletcher & Gerald (British racecars new to the video game)
* Papo & El Guapo (Mexican racecars new to the video game)
* Vince, Barry, Sonny, & Lenny (New York racecars new to the video game)
* Count Spatula, Ginormous, & The Crippler (monster trucks new to the video game)
* Tommy Joe, Buford, Cletus, Lewis, Judd, & Zeke (demolition derby racers new to the video game)
* Numerous Piston Cup racers - #33 McCoy, #34 Banks, #51 Aikens, #52 Joltsen, #54 Clarkson, #56 Buck, #58 Medford, #63 Henderson, #64 Zeb, #74 Turner, #79 Bashman, #84 Riley, #101 Lee Jr., #117 Guenther, #121 Masterson, #123 Suregrip, #191 Cortland and #282 Hollister
* Numerous visitors to Radiator Springs
* Numerous cars traveling the Interstate
PSP Playable Characters
* Lightning McQueen (default)
* Sally Carrera (default)
* Mater (default)
* Doc Hudson (Grand Prix 1 prize)
* Sheriff (Grand Prix 2 prize)
* Flo (Grand Prix 3 Prize)
* Ramone (Mirror Cup Prize)
* Luigi (multiplayer unlockable)
* Sarge (multiplater unlockable)
* Fillmore (multiplayer unlockable)
* Lizzie (multiplayer unlockable)
* DJ (1st boss)
* Snot Rod (2nd boss)
* Wingo (3rd boss)
* Boost (4th boss)
* Chick Hicks (Final boss)
Owen Wilson- Lightning McQueen
Bonnie Hunt- Sally Carrera
Paul Newman- Doctor Hudson Hornet
Larry the Cable Guy- Tow Mater
Michael Wallis- Sheriff
George Carlin- Fillmore
Paul Dooley- Sarge
Guido Quaroni- Guido
Tony Shalhoub- Luigi
Katherine Helmond- Lizzie
Jenifer Lewis- Flo
Cheech Marin- Ramone
John Ratzenberger- Mack
* Lindsay Collins - Mia
Elissa Knight- Tia
Richard Petty- Strip 'The King' Weathers
Michael Keaton- Chick Hicks
Darrell Waltrip- Darrell Cartrip
* Jonas Rivera - Boost
* E. J. Holowicki - DJ
* Adrian Ochoa - Wingo
Lou Romano- Snot Rod
Additional Voices by
Greg Baldwin, Corey Burton, Greg Ellis, Bill Farmer, Quinton Flynn, Brian George, Jennifer Hale, Rob Izenberg, Joel McCrary, Nolan North, Steve Purcell, Alex Reymundo, Rafael Sigler, and James Patrick Stuart
* Sometimes when Lightning McQueen is stopped, he will start to fall asleep, and he can only be woken up by the player pressing the Accelerate button.
* The only inhabitants of Radiator Springs that do not appear in the video game are Red (the fire engine) and Bessie (the road paving machine). Bessie is in a deleted scene from the game, indicating that "she" was supposed to be in it at one point. Red isn't in it due to the death of
* In each part of Carburator County there is a "World's Biggest Ball...". In Tailfin Pass there is a giant ball bearing, In Radiator Springs there is a giant ball of devil's rope(barbed wire), and in Ornament Valley there is a giant ball of fan belts. You can push them around for a while, but they eventually disappear. If you go back to the sign where the ball was, it appears again.
* There is also the world's biggest tumbleweed in the ditch behind Sarge's Boot Camp.
* If you follow and bump a car for too long, such as Mater, they will shake, get mad and hit you. Sometimes, when they do this, they yell at you for no reason.
* You can stay at the edge of a bridge and knock off cars for a while. Some get stuck, and some get out. If you leave the area, they will appear on the road again out of nowhere.
* If you go behind Ramone's store, there is a ramp leading to the rooftop. Go up it and you can jump to the roof of other stores where you'll find additional points.
* Sometimes when there is a new race or minigame, a car sits by it. Before you do the game, you can push the car around and all it can do is yell at you. If you flip a car over, it can get back up.
* In Ornament Valley after you have finished the game, go to around where the railroad track is and there is a spot where cars sink their tires into the ground and they are unable to move. They can still yell at you. Sarge does this but he doesn't talk. He just sits there eerily staring at you. He doesn't even talk when you bump him in the face. If you bump him enough times, he'll sink into the ground.
* Behind Lizzie's store there is a ramp that lets you jump to a crate behind Luigi's store that has a post card on top of it.
* Around the exit of the mine in Tailfin Pass, there is a place where cars disappear and appear out of nowhere.
* In the Boostin' with Fillmore race, if you go behind the arrow sign in front of the ditch on the first shortcut and press the Z button (on GameCube), you'll appear right before the biggest jump and way ahead of where you were.
* In the Lightning Strikes Back minigame, if you quickly turn around and go forward, you may be able to get onto Route 66 and head back to Radiator Springs. It doesn't work the first try. It will work if you do it about 18 times.
* Before you do Delinquent Road Hazards, if you push DJ or Wingo off the bridge, they fly above the ravine until they hit a wall. Then they disappear and reappear where they started. It works! Try it!
* [http://www.carsvideogame.com/ "Cars: The Video Game"] official site
* [http://cube.ign.com/objects/803/803748.html "Cars" (GameCube)] at
* [http://www.randomlyaccessed.com/reviews/Videogames/PS2/Cars.php "Cars" review] for
* [http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/driving/cars/ "Cars" (GameCube)] at
* [http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/driving/cars/ "Cars" (PS2)] at
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Cars 2: The Video Game — Тачки 2: Видео игра … Википедия
Video game — Computer and video games redirects here. For the magazine, see Computer and Video Games. For PC games specifically, see personal computer game. For Console games specifically, see console game. For the Lana Del Rey song, see Video Games (song) … Wikipedia
Video game controversy — Part of a series on … Wikipedia
Racing video game — Racing game redirects here. For the type of board game, see race game … Wikipedia
Blur (video game) — Blur Developer(s) Bizarre Creations Publisher(s) Activision Distributor(s) … Wikipedia
Driver (video game) — Driver European cover art Developer(s) Reflections Interactive, Gameloft (iPhone OS) Publisher(s) GT Inte … Wikipedia
Enduro (video game) — Infobox VG title = Enduro caption= developer = Activision publisher = Activision designer = Larry Miller engine = released = February 1, 1983 genre = Arcade style racing modes = Single player ratings = platforms = Atari 2600 media = Cartridge… … Wikipedia
Corvette (video game) — Developer(s) Steel Monkeys GBA Visual Impact Publisher(s) TDK Mediactive … Wikipedia
Stunts (video game) — Infobox VG width = title = Stunts caption = aspect ratio = resolution = developer = Distinctive Software, Inc. publisher = Brøderbund, Mindscape distributor = designer = Don Mattrick Kevin Pickell Brad Gour Rob Martyn Stan Chow license = series … Wikipedia
Challenger (video game) — Challenger Challenger package front cover Developer(s) Hudson Soft Publisher(s) Hudson Soft … Wikipedia