- Space Nursing Society
Space Nursing Society (SNS) is an international
space advocacyorganization devoted to space nursingand the contribution to space explorationby Registered Nurses. SNS is an affliated, non-profit special interest groupassociated with the National Space Society.
Founded in 1991, the SNS has over 400 members from around the world including
Australia, Canada, England, Germany, Greece, Scotlandand the United States.
The SNS provides a forum for the discussion and exploration of issues related to nursing in space and its impact upon the understanding of earthbound nursing through conference participation and its newsletter "Expanding Horizons".
The information being learned in the microgravity environment of
spacehas tremendous applications for the bed-bound patient on earth. Bedrestis considered analogous to some of the reactions the astronautshave experienced in space, which include inner earfluid shifts, loss of plasma volume, muscle atrophy, demineralizationand calcium/ bone loss.
If one were to consider the issues of confined spaces,
closed ecological systems with little personal space, and psychological- social interactions, there are many earth-bound counterparts that could benefit from what is being learned via space research(source: "Expanding Horizons" Vol. 2, Issue 1).
* [http://isdc.xisp.net/~kmiller/isdc_archive/isdc.php?link=personSelect&person_id=456 "Space Medicine: Developments in the science, status of regulations for space passengers, implications for space tourism and space settlement"] 26th annual
International Space Development Conference, "From Old Frontiers to New" - Dallas, Texas May 24-28, 2007
* [http://www.spacemedicineassociates.com/ Space Medicine Associates, Inc.]
* [http://www.nursezone.com/stories/SpotlightOnNurses.asp?articleID=15458&page=Feature+Stories&profile=Spotlight+on+nurses&headline=Space+Nursing+Society+Prepares+for+Future+Flights "Space Nursing Society prepares for future flights"] Feature Story/Spotlight on Nurses - NurseZone.com, 2006
* [http://community.nursingspectrum.com/MagazineArticles/article.cfm?AID=17472 "The Care Up There"] Nursing Spectrum - Sept. 26, 2005
* [http://community.nursingspectrum.com/MagazineArticles/article.cfm?AID=14760 "New Frontier"] Nursing Spectrum - Aug. 15, 2005
* [http://www.thespaceshow.com/guest.asp?q=262 Linda Plush, RN and Dr. Eleanor O'Rangers of the Space Nursing Society] The Space Show - Radio Interview Apr. 19, 2005
* [http://jpp.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/16/2/96 "Origins, Founding, and Activities of the Space Nursing Society "] Journal of Pharmacy Practice, Vol. 16, No. 2  , pgs. 96-100
* [http://community.nursingspectrum.com/MagazineArticles/article.cfm?AID=8063 "Space: A New Nursing Frontier"] Nursing Spectrum - Nov. 4, 2002
* [http://www.nss.org/settlement/roadmap/social.html "Perceived heathcare risks of space activities"] National Space Society Road
* [http://www.spaceref.com/news/viewpr.html?pid=3555 NSS Online Report #10] SpaceRef.com - Jan. 2001
* [http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G1-64424119.html "Nurses' contributions to the U.S. space program"] Association of Operating Room Nurses, Inc. Journal - May 1, 2000
* [http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0FSL/is_6_69/ai_54912759/pg_5 "SURGERY IN SPACE?"] Association of Operating Room Nurses, Inc. Journal - June 1999
* [http://www.nurseweek.com/features/98-9/space.html "John Glenn gets space aged"] Nurseweek/Healthweek - Sept. 20, 1998
* [http://www.Spacenursingsociety.net/ Space Nursing Society official website]
* [http://www.nss.org/ National Space Society official website]
* [http://www.space.com/adastra/ "Ad Astra" online edition]
Vision for Space Exploration
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
Space medicine — is the practice of medicine on astronauts in outer space.Who benefits from space medicine research?Astronauts are not the only ones who benefit from space medicine research. Several medical products have been developed that are space spinoffs,… … Wikipedia
Society of the United States — The society or culture of the United States is a Western culture, and has been developing since long before the United States became a country with its own unique characteristics and developments such as dialect, music, arts, cuisine, etc. Today… … Wikipedia
State Historical Society of Missouri — Ellis Library entrance to the State Historical Society of Missouri. The State Historical Society of Missouri, a private membership and state funded organization, is a comprehensive research facility located in Columbia, Missouri specializing in… … Wikipedia
Mask and Bauble Dramatic Society — Abbreviation M B Formation 1852 Type Collegiate theatre troupe Legal status … Wikipedia
Charm City Art Space — 39°18′33.5″N 76°37′4″W / 39.309306°N 76.61778°W / 39.309306; 76.61778 is a music venue/art space located at 1731 Maryland Avenue, in Baltimore, Maryland, in th … Wikipedia
Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing — The College of Nursing on the Boca Raton Campus of Florida Atlantic The Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing is an academic college of Florida Atlantic University located in Boca Raton, Florida, USA. The dean of the college is Dr. Anne Boykin. In … Wikipedia
Maryland Historical Society — Abbreviation MHS Formation 1844 Purpose/focus Education and historical preservation Location 201 W. Monument Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21201 4674 Unite … Wikipedia
Saint Anselm College — This article is about the college in Goffstown, New Hampshire. For the Roman Catholic grammar school in Merseyside, England, see St. Anselm s College. Saint Anselm College Motto Initium Sapientiae Timor Domini (Latin) Motto in Eng … Wikipedia
2000 New Year Honours — The insignia of the Grand Cross of the Order of St Michael and St George: Andrew Wood was awarded the Grand Cross in this Honours list. The New Year Honours 2000 for the United Kingdom were announced on 31 December 1999, to celebrate the year… … Wikipedia
University of Virginia — The Rector and Visitors of the University of Virginia Established 1819 Type Public Flagship Endowment … Wikipedia