- Dharmapala (disambiguation)
Dharmapala is a Sanskrit name which means "protector of the Dharma". The Pāli equivalent is Dhammapala. The name is often used by Buddhists to refer to a variety of persons and concepts, including:
- Dharmapala, a type of supernatural being in Vajrayana Buddhism
- Dhammapala, name of a number of great Theravada Buddhist commentators
- Dharmapala of Nalanda, one of the great scholars of the Consciousness-only school
- Anagarika Dharmapala, a 19th century Sri Lankan Buddhist who founded Maha Bodhi Society
- Dharmapala (emperor), one of the most powerful rulers of the Pala Empire
- Dharmapala Kamboja, a Kamboja ruler of Kamboja-Pala Dynasty of Bengal
- Dharmapala, an ancient Kamboja ruler of Kamboja Kingdom, according to Sthala Purana
- Dharmapala of Sri Lanka, a king of Sri Lanka who converted to Christianity
- A. W. Dharmapala, a pioneering broadcaster of Radio Ceylon.
- Dhammapala, a Theravada Buddhist group in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England.
- Dhammapala Kloster, a Theravada Buddhist monastery in Kandersteg, Switzerland.
This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
См. также в других словарях:
Dharmapala — For other uses, see Dharmapala (disambiguation). Part of a series on Buddhism Outline · Portal … Wikipedia
Dhammapala — See also Dharmapala (disambiguation) Theravāda … Wikipedia
Outline of Buddhism — See also: Index of Buddhism related articles Flag of Buddhism … Wikipedia
Milarepa — For other uses, see Milarepa (disambiguation). Milarepa statue, Pango Chorten, Gyantse, Tibet … Wikipedia
Dharmaraja — refers to several things in Buddhism and Hinduism: Dharmaraja, the original Sanskrit term for Chogyal, which may refer to a secular ruler of Sikkim or Bhutan, or a higher ranking monk in Tibetan Buddhism Dharmaraja, (AKA Kalarupa), a wrathful… … Wikipedia
Bangladesh — This article is about the People s Republic of Bangladesh. For other uses, see Bangladesh (disambiguation). Coordinates: 23°N 90°E / 23°N 90°E … Wikipedia
Meditation — This article is about the mental discipline. For the form of alternative dispute resolution, see Mediation. For other uses, see Meditation (disambiguation). A statue of the Buddha meditating, Borim Temple, Korea Meditation refers to any form of a … Wikipedia
History of Pakistan — also see History of AJK · Balochistan · G B · KPK · Punjab · Sindh Timeline of Pakistan … Wikipedia
Mandala — For other uses, see Mandala (disambiguation). Thangka painting of Vajradhatu Mandala Maṇḍala (मण्डल) is a Sanskrit word that means circle . In the Buddhist and Hindu religious traditions their sacred art often takes a mandala form. The basic form … Wikipedia
Three Jewels — This article is about the Three Jewels , Three Treasures , Three Refuges or Triple Gem in Buddhism. For other uses, see Three Treasures (disambiguation). Translations of the Three Jewels Pali : tiratana, tisarana … Wikipedia