- Books of Kings
The Books of Kings (, ; comp. , etc.).
* [http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt09a01.htm מלכים א "Melachim Aleph" - Kings A] (Hebrew - English at Mechon-Mamre.org)
* [http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt09b01.htm מלכים ב "Melachim Bet" - Kings B] (Hebrew - English at Mechon-Mamre.org)
* [http://www.mechon-mamre.org/e/et/et09a01.htm 1 Kings at Mechon-Mamre] (Jewish Publication Society translation)
* [http://www.mechon-mamre.org/e/et/et09b01.htm 2 Kings at Mechon-Mamre] (Jewish Publication Society translation)
* [http://www.chabad.org/library/archive/LibraryArchive2.asp?AID=15753 Melachim I - Kings I (Judaica Press)] translation with
Rashi's commentary at Chabad.org
* [http://www.chabad.org/library/archive/LibraryArchive2.asp?AID=15754 Melachim II - Kings II (Judaica Press)] translation with
Rashi's commentary at Chabad.org ;Christian translations
* [http://www.gospelhall.org/bible/bible.php?passage=1King+1 "Online Bible" at GospelHall.org]
* [http://kings-first-king-james-bible.publicliterature.org/ King James Bible Online] - Kings I chapter-indexed English translation.
* [http://publicliterature.org/kings-second-king-james-bible/ King James Bible Online] -Kings II chapter-indexed English translation.
* [http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/view.jsp?artid=226&letter=K&search=Kings Books of Kings article] (Jewish Encyclopedia)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Third and Fourth Books of Kings — Third and Fourth Books of Kings † Catholic Encyclopedia ► Third and Fourth Books of Kings The historical book called in the Hebrew Melakhim, i.e. Kings, is in the Vulgate, in imitation of the Septuagint, styled the Third and Fourth… … Catholic encyclopedia
KINGS, BOOK OF — KINGS, BOOK OF, biblical book divided into two roughly equal parts, beginning with an account of the end of david s reign, Solomon s succession and reign, and the disruption of the kingdom at his death, and continuing with the parallel histories… … Encyclopedia of Judaism
Kings, First and Second Books of — • Known as the First and Second Books of Kings in the Authorized Version, in the Hebrew editions and the Protestant versions these are known as 1st and 2nd Samuel, with the Third and Fourth Books of Kings being styled First and Second Books of… … Catholic encyclopedia
Kings — [kiŋz] n. Bible 1. either of two books (1 Kings, 2 Kings) which give the history of the reigns of the Jewish kings after David: abbrev. K, Kgs, Ki 2. in the Douay Bible, any of four books called 1 & 2 Samuel and 1 & 2 Kings in other versions … English World dictionary
Kings — may refer to:*Kings (drinking game), a popular drinking game also known as King s Cup . *Kings (electoral district), a federal electoral district in Nova Scotia, Canada. *Kings (handball), also known as Chinese handball . *Kings Family… … Wikipedia
Books of Chronicles — For other uses, see Chronicles (disambiguation). Paralipomenon redirects here. For other uses, see Paralipomena (disambiguation). Hebrew Bible … Wikipedia
Kings, The Books of — The two books of Kings formed originally but one book in the Hebrew Scriptures. The present division into two books was first made by the LXX., which now, with the Vulgate, numbers them as the third and fourth books of Kings, the two books of… … Easton's Bible Dictionary
Kings, books of — ▪ Bible two books of the Hebrew Bible or the Protestant Old Testament that, together with Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, and 1 and 2 Samuel, belong to the group of historical books (Deuteronomic history) written during the Babylonian Exile (c … Universalium
Kings — noun One of the various books called Kings in the Old Testament of Bible, and of the Tanakh. Variously known as 1 Samuel, 2 Samuel, 1 Kings, 2 Kings, 3 Kings and 4 Kings … Wiktionary
BOOKS OF THE CHRONICLES OF THE KINGS OF JUDAH AND ISRAEL — BOOKS OF THE CHRONICLES OF THE KINGS OF JUDAH AND ISRAEL, two sets of royal annals, mentioned in I and II Kings but subsequently lost. The historian of Kings refers to these works as his source, where additional information may be found. These… … Encyclopedia of Judaism