- Georgia Political Science Association
The Georgia Political Science Association (GPSA) is the
professional associationfor political scientists in Georgia, USA. Founded in 1968, the GPSA holds an annual conference in Savannah, Georgiain November. Conference participants are from Georgia, other U.S. states, and overseas. Although political scientists are in the majority, the conference is definitely interdisciplinary. Participants have included political scientists, historians, economists, humanists, sociologists, criminologists, anthropologists, public administrators, philosophers, students, interested non-academics and many others. Currently, the membership numbers around 200 political scientists teaching in Georgia. The GPSA publishes a refereed online proceedingsof the conference.
The Criminal Justice Association of Georgia meets jointly with the GPSA at the annual conference. Also, both the
University System of GeorgiaBoard of Regents Academic Advisory Committee for Political Science and the European UnionStudies Certificate Steering Committee traditionally meet during the conference.
Board of Directorsconsists of seven officers and eight at-large board members. The GPSA Vice Presidentand program chair organizes the annual conference program from proposals received by July 1st of each year. Panels and roundtables are assembled from the accepted proposals and individual papers. Seven sessions of four concurrent panels each are spread over two days. Four to six presentations are assigned to each panel. All interested persons may submit proposals.
The GPSA has several
awards. The McBrayer Award and an accompanying $500.00 cash prizeis awarded in years when a paper of outstanding scholarship within the academic disciplineof political science is presented in its entirety at the conference. The Donald T. Wells Award is given annually to a member for recognition of outstanding service to the Georgia Political Science Association. The Roger N. Pajari UndergraduatePaper Award is given annually to the best undergraduate paper submitted to meet the requirements of an undergraduate political sciencecourse taught in the state of Georgia and nominated by the professorteaching the course.
GPSA members participate in the activities of the
American Political Science Association, Southern Political Science Association and the American Society for Public Administration. The association actively supports "Politics and Policy", a professional scholarly journal. The GPSA is a non-profit 501(c)(3) tax exemptorganization incorporated in Georgia.
* [http://www.gpsanet.org Georgia Political Science Association]
* [http://gpsa.mgc.edu/gpsa/gpsa_officers.htm GPSA Board of Directors]
* [http://www.ngcsu.edu/cjag/cjmeet.htm Criminal Justice Association of Georgia]
* [http://a-s.clayton.edu/trachtenberg/GPSA%20Proceediings%20Home%20Page.htm Proceedings of the annual conference]
* [http://gpsa.mgc.edu/gpsa/wells_award.htm Donald T. Wells Outstanding Service Award]
* [http://gpsa.mgc.edu/gpsa/undergraduate_paper.htm Roger N. Pajari Undergraduate Paper Award]
* [http://gpsa.mgc.edu/gpsa/Call%20for%20Proposals.htm Call for Proposals and Presentations]
* [http://class.georgiasouthern.edu/pap/" Politics and Policy"]
* [http://www.aspanet.org/scriptcontent/index.cfm American Society for Public Administration]
* [http://www.spsa.net/ Southern Political Science Association]
* [http://www.apsanet.org/ American Political Science Association]
* [http://www.eu-center.org/ European Union Center of the University System of Georgia]
* [http://www.usg.edu/academics/comm USG Academic Advisory Committees]
* [http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?Acronym=gpsa&Find=Find GPSA Acronym]
* [http://www.ngcsu.edu/bdf/GaASPA/index.htm Georgia Chapter of the American Society for Public Administration]
* [http://www.journalofpolitics.org Journal of Politics]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
International Association for Political Science Students — [ logo of the International Association for Political Science Students (IAPSS).] The International Association for Political Science Students (IAPSS) is an international organization which represents and links students of political science,… … Wikipedia
Political arguments of gun politics in the United States — center around disagreements that range from the practical mdash; does gun ownership cause or prevent crime? mdash; to the constitutional mdash; how should the Second Amendment be interpreted? mdash; to the ethical mdash; what should the balance… … Wikipedia
Georgia Southwestern State University — Infobox University name = Georgia Southwestern State University native name = image size = caption = latin name = motto = established = 1906 type = Public endowment = staff = faculty = president = provost = principal = rector = chancellor = vice… … Wikipedia
Association of Professional Schools of International Affairs — The Association of Professional Schools of International Affairs (APSIA) is an organization that works to advance international understanding, prosperity, peace and security through professional education in international affairs. APSIA comprises … Wikipedia
Political positions of John McCain — U.S. Senator John McCain (R AZ), a member of the U.S. Congress since 1983, a two time U.S. presidential candidate, and the nominee of the Republican Party in the 2008 U.S. Presidential election, has taken positions on many political issues… … Wikipedia
Georgia (country) — Georgia საქართველო Sakartvelo … Wikipedia
Georgia (U.S. state) — State of Georgia redirects here. For TV series, see State of Georgia (TV series). For the sovereign state, see Georgia (country). State of Georgia … Wikipedia
Political positions of Mitt Romney — The political positions of Mitt Romney have developed over the course of his life, both in observing his father George W. Romney in public office, and pursuing his own political ambitions.Fact|date=July 2008 Though there have been some widely… … Wikipedia
Political positions of Sarah Palin — right|thumb|250px|Sarah Palin at the annual blessing of the fishing fleet in Dillingham, Alaska. Sarah Palin is the Governor of Alaska and Republican vice presidential candidate for the 2008 United States presidential election.ocial and legal… … Wikipedia
Political effects of Hurricane Katrina — This article deals with political effects of Hurricane Katrina other than those related to Criticism of government response to Hurricane Katrina, which are contained in a separate article. The devastation wrought by Hurricane Katrina has already… … Wikipedia