- Mao Jie
Mao Jie Traditional Chinese 毛玠 Simplified Chinese 毛玠 Transcriptions
Mao Jie (died 216), style name Xiaoxian (孝先), was an official serving under the warlord Cao Cao during the late Han Dynasty period of Chinese history. He was from Pingqiu County, in Chenliu Commandery (east of present day Fengqiu County, Henan). Under the recommendation of Man Chong, Mao Jie joined Cao Cao. Jie was very skilled when it came to domestic policies promoting the prioritization of agriculture. While Mao Jie stationed himself at Jing Province, during the Battle of Red Cliffs, he was chosen with Yu Jin as the naval viceroy after Cai Mao and Zhang Yun were executed through a scheme by Zhou Yu.
Appointments and titles held
- Assistant Officer in the Headquarters Office of Yan Province (兗州治中從事)
- Officer of Merit (幕府功曹)
- Official in the East Bureau (司空東曹掾) under the Excellency of Works Cao Cao
- Right Military Advisor (丞相右軍師) to the Chancellor Cao Cao
- Deputy Director of the Imperial Secretariat (尚書僕射)
- List of people of the Three Kingdoms
This article about a Chinese politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.