- Doctor Who Adventures
Doctor Who Adventures
Doctor Who Adventures #1, cover dated 5 April 2006
Editor Moray Laing (2006–2010)
Natalie Barnes (2011 – present)
Categories Science fiction television Frequency Weekly, released on Thursdays First issue 5 April 2006 Company BBC Magazines Country United Kingdom Website BBC Magazines – Doctor Who Adventures ISSN 1750-1717
Doctor Who Adventures is a magazine based on the British science fiction television programme Doctor Who. It is published by BBC Magazines and aimed at 6–13 year-olds, a different demographic from the Doctor Who Magazine readership. Initially published every fortnight, from 2008 it was published weekly.
Doctor Who Adventures was first published as a fortnightly magazine on 5 April 2006, featuring fact files, puzzles, makes, news guides and more. The regular price for issues 1–33 was £1.99. issue 45, a special "long-read" edition, was £2.99; the regular price rose to £2.10 from issue 34. From issue 47, the magazine became weekly. Doctor Who Adventures is the alternative of Doctor Who Magazine, and is aimed at a older adunices.
From issues 1–12 the heading had the Doctor Who logo in a transparent white with the word Adventures in writing filled with the colours from the official Doctor Who logo. Since then, the official Doctor Who logo was used, with the word Adventures being in various colours each issue. From April 2010 the design changed to fit around the 2010 series, and featured the new logo.
- Geronimo/TARDIS Trend Tracker - 2 pages with Doctor Who gossip and sometimes a True or False question. There is also a section called What's going on in (character's name) Brain?. At the side of the page there is a Tardis trend tracker, towards the top is what's hot and towards the bottom is what's not.
- Mega Moments - best bits of the previous week's episode, this includes Mega Evil, Mega Brave, Mega Hero, Mega Freaky and Mega Shock.
- Interview - Interview with a cast member/villain of Doctor Who.
- Quiz - There is a quiz in every Issue. The quiz is on a different subject each week.
- TARDIS Scanner - fact file of a Doctor Who character or villain.
- Who Wins - Competition page with 2 quiz questions. Prizes change every few weeks.
- AAAGH Comic Strip - Mini 1 page comic strip with different Doctor Who characters/aliens or celebrities each week. The main characters are called Mrs Tinkel and Nervil. AAAGH stands for Alien Assignment Agency General Headquarters.
- Behind The Scenes - a look behind the scenes of Doctor Who and how they make the sets etc.
- Comic Strip - Each Issue has a different comic strip. The comic strip is spread over 4 pages. (see below for comic strip characters)
- Doctor, Doctor - DWA Readers send in letters for the doctor to answer. There are usually 4 letters spread over two pages.
- Upload - DWA readers send in drawings and pictures of themselves. The top upload wins a different prize every so often.
- Puzzles - The puzzles are sometimes related to the previous week's episodes. There are normally 4 puzzles spread over 2 pages.
- Monster Crimewatch - This started in issue 221. It is a fact file about a different monster each week and at the bottom of the page it says whether the monster is guilty or not guilty.
- Next Week - This is the last page. It tells you what is in the next issue.
- Free Gift - There is a free gift in each issue.
- Rose Tyler – 2006–2007
- Martha Jones – 2007
- Donna Noble – 2008–2009
- Heather McCrimmon – 2009–2010, 2010
- Wolfgang Ryter – 2009, 2010
- Amy Pond – 2010 – present
- Rory Williams – 2010 – present
- 10th Doctor – 2006–2010
- 11th Doctor – 2010–present
- "Doctor Who Adventures: New magazine for younger viewers launches". BBC News. 20 March 2006. http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/cult/news/drwho/2006/03/29/30790.shtml.
All About Animals • Amy • BBC Countryfile • Doctor Who Adventures • Easy Cook • Focus • BBC Focus on Africa • Gardeners' World • Gardens Illustrated • Girl Talk • Good Food • BBC History • Homes & Antiques • BBC Knowledge • Lonely Planet Magazine • Match of the Day • BBC Music • Newsbrief • olive • Radio Times Sky at Night • Top Gear • Top of the Pops • Who Do You Think You Are? • BBC Wildlife
- Official Doctor Who Adventures magazine website
- Clockworkrobot.com, were credited for some early paper engineering features.
- Official website for Doctor Who
Doctor Who PagesCharactersConceptsMiscellany ListsProductionNarrative devicesMiscellany Spin-offs and
related showsSpin-offsDocumentaryConcerts and stage shows
Key production staff Adaptations
Related publications Related Portal • Category • Book • WikiProject
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Doctor Who spin-offs — refers to material created outside of, but related to, the long running British science fiction television series Doctor Who. Both during the main run of the series from 1963 to 1989 and after its cancellation, numerous novels, comic strips,… … Wikipedia
Doctor Who Magazine — Doctor Who Weekly issue 1, cover dated 17 October 1979 Editor Tom Spilsbury Categories Science fiction television Frequency Every four weeks … Wikipedia
Doctor Who (1996 film) — Doctor Who (film) redirects here. For the Dalek movies with Peter Cushing, see Dr. Who (Dalek films). 156 – Doctor Who Doctor Who television movie The Doctor and the Master in their climactic ba … Wikipedia
Doctor Who — Titre original Doctor Who Genre Série de Science fiction Créateur(s) Première série : Sydney Newman Donald Wilson Deuxième série : Graeme Harper … Wikipédia en Français
Doctor Who: Music of the Spheres — Doctor Who Doctor Who Le logo actuel de la série Titre original Doctor Who Genre Série de Science fiction Créateur(s) Sydney Newman Donald Wilson … Wikipédia en Français
Doctor Who: The Infinite Quest — Doctor Who Doctor Who Le logo actuel de la série Titre original Doctor Who Genre Série de Science fiction Créateur(s) Sydney Newman Donald Wilson … Wikipédia en Français
Doctor Who: Time Crash — Doctor Who Doctor Who Le logo actuel de la série Titre original Doctor Who Genre Série de Science fiction Créateur(s) Sydney Newman Donald Wilson … Wikipédia en Français
Doctor who — Le logo actuel de la série Titre original Doctor Who Genre Série de Science fiction Créateur(s) Sydney Newman Donald Wilson … Wikipédia en Français
Doctor Who in Canada and the United States — refers to the broadcast history of the long running British science fiction television series Doctor Who in those countries. Contents 1 History 1.1 The beginning 1.2 The 1970s: Doctor Who sold to the United States … Wikipedia
Doctor Who: DWO Whocast — Hosting Paul Wilson (2006–2008, 2010) Sebastian J. Brook (2006–2008, 2010) Trevor Gensch (2008–2010) Tony Gallichan (2008, 2011) Marty Perrett (2009–2010) James Rockliffe (2009 2010) Tom Attah (2010) Cameron K. McEwan (2011) David Keep (2011)… … Wikipedia