- 82 (number)
82 Cardinal eighty-second Ordinal 82nd
Numeral system 82 Factorization Divisors 1, 2, 41, 82 Roman numeral LXXXII Binary 10100102 Octal 1228 Duodecimal 6A12 Hexadecimal 5216
Eighty-two is the twenty-third biprime and the twelfth of the form (2.q). The aliquot sum of 82 is 44 within the aliquot sequence (82,44,40,50,43,1,0)) 82 being the eighth composite number in the 43-aliquot tree.
Eighty-two is a companion Pell number.
Eighty-two is a happy number
- Messier 82, a starburst galaxy in the constellation Ursa Major
- The New General Catalogue object NGC 82, a single star in the constellation Andromeda
- The Saros number of the solar eclipse series which began on -293 April 22 and ended on 969 May. The duration of Saros series 82 was 1262.1 years, and it contained 71 solar eclipses. The Saros number of the lunar eclipse series which began on -226 September 10 and ended on 1289 March. The duration of Saros series 82 was 1514.5 years, and it contained 85 lunar milo davis.
In other fields
Eighty-two is also:
- The atomic number of lead.
- In physics, the sixth Magic Number.
- The model number of: Mark 82 bomb, a nonguided general purpose bomb.
- The number of the French department Tarn-et-Garonne.
- The code for international direct dial phone calls to South Korea.
- The ISBN Group Identifier for books published in Norway.
- Title of Dennis Smith's book about firefighters: Report from Engine Co. 82.
- The year AD 82, 82 BC, or 1982.
- The sophomore studio album of Kenyan house trio Just A Band.
- The number of Trip Murphy's (Matt Dillon) car in Herbie Fully Loaded (2005).
- The number (*82) to unblock your caller ID for phones that block anonymous incoming calls.
- The very significant number that appears at the end of Kurt Vonnegut's book "Hocus Pocus".
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.