- Osaka University of Economics
Osaka University of Economics Established Founded 1932,
Type Private President Akira Shigemori Academic staff 137 full-time Undergraduates daytime 6,419
Postgraduates 132 Location Osaka, Osaka, Japan Campus Urban, -- acres (-- km²) Endowment US$-- (JP¥--) Mascot None Website www.osaka-ue.ac.jp
It was founded in 1932 as Naniwa Higher Commercial School (浪華高等商業学校). A few years later, difficulties fell upon the school and it was about to be abolished. In 1935, with the large donation by Dr. Iwao Kokusho (黒正巌, 1895–1949), the school was revived as Showa Higher Commercial School (昭和高等商業学校).
During World War II, most of the students were enlisted. So in 1944 Osaka Women's College of Economics (大阪女子経済専門学校) was established instead. In 1946, after the war, the school was reorganized into Osaka College of Economics (大阪経済専門学校), a co-educational school.
In 1949, under Japan's new educational systems, Osaka College of Economics was developed into four-year Osaka University of Economics.
At first OUE had one faculty: Faculty of Economics. OUE added faculties as follows:
- 1964: Faculty of Business Administration
- 1966: Graduate School (Master's degree course in Economics)
- 1968: Doctoral degree course in Economics
- 1997: Faculty of Information Management
- 2002: Faculty of Human Sciences
Faculties (Undergraduate Schools)
- Business Administration
- Information Management
- Human Sciences
- Economics (Master's course/Doctor's course)
- Business Administration (Master's course only)
- Business Information Systems (Master's course only)
- Human Sciences (Master's course only)
- Institute for Research in Economic History of Japan
- established in 1933 by Dr. Kokusho.
- Institute of Small Business Research and Business Administration
- ^ Official Website uses the name of Naniwa Commercial High School. But it was in fact a three-year men's college [for ages 17-20 or above] under Japanese old educational systems. Not a present-day commercial high school [for ages 15-18 or above].
- ^ Showa Commercial High School according to the Official Website
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Osaka University of Economics — Die Wirtschaftsuniversität Ōsaka (jap. 大阪経済大学, Ōsaka keizai daigaku, kurz: Daikei (大経), Daikeidai (大経大), Keidai (経大), Ōsaka keidai (大阪経大) oder OUE) ist eine private Universität in Japan. Der Hauptcampus liegt in Higashiyodogawa ku, Ōsaka.… … Deutsch Wikipedia
Osaka University of Economics and Law — Not to be confused with Osaka University of Economics. Osaka University of Economics and Law Osaka University of Economics and Law (大阪経済法科大学, Ōsaka keizai hōka daigaku … Wikipedia
Osaka University — 大阪大学 Motto 地域に生き世界に伸びる (Live Locally, Grow Globally) Established … Wikipedia
Osaka University of Commerce — This article is about a private university in Japan. For other uses, see Osaka University of Commerce (disambiguation). Osaka University of Commerce Osaka University of Commerce (大阪商業大学, Ōsaka shōgyō daigaku … Wikipedia
Osaka — For other uses, see Osaka (disambiguation). Osaka 大阪 Designated city 大阪市 · Osaka City … Wikipedia
University of Science and Technology of China — 中国科学技术大学 Motto 红专并进，理实交融 Established 1958 Type … Wikipedia
Osaka City University — Not to be confused with Osaka University. Osaka City University (OCU) 大阪市立大学 Motto Creativity, Friendliness and Flexibility … Wikipedia
Osaka Prefecture University — 大阪府立大学 Established Founded 1888 Chartered 1949 Type Public … Wikipedia
University of California, Santa Barbara — Seal of the University of California, Santa Barbara Motto Fiat lux (Latin) Motto in English Let there be light … Wikipedia
University of Malaya — Universiti Malaya 马来亚大学 மலாயா பல்கலைக்கழகம் マラヤ大学 Coat of Arms of UM Motto in English Knowledge is the Source of Progress … Wikipedia