- National Council of Educational Research and Training
The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) is an apex resource organization set up by the Government of India, with headquarters at New Delhi, to assist and advise the Central and State Governments on academic matters related to school education.it was Established in the year of 1961...
The objective of NCERT is to assist and advise the Ministry of Education and Social Welfare in the implementation of its policies and major programmes in the field of education, particularly school education. The NCERT provides academic and technical support for improvement of school education through its various constituents, which are:
- National Institute of Education, New Delhi
- Central Institute of Education Technology, New Delhi
- Pandit Sunderlal Sharma Central Institute of Vocational Education, Bhopal
- Regional Institute of Education, Ajmer
- Regional Institute of Education, Bhopal
- Regional Institute of Education, Bhubaneswar
- Regional Institute of Education, Mysore
- North Eastern-Regional Institute of Education, Shillong
Functions of NCERT includes Research, Development, Training, Extension, Publication and Dissemination and Exchange Programmes. The NCERT also drafts, publishes and recommends school text books (from Class I to Class XII) of various subjects based on the recommendations of knowledgeable faculty in the subject.
Prof. Krishna Kumar is the current Director of this institute.
Among the top priorities of NCERT' are:
- Implementation of National Curriculum Framework
- Universalisation of Elementary Education (UEE)
- Vocational education
- Education of groups with special needs
- Early childhood education
- Evaluation and examination reform
- Information technology (IT) education
- Value education
- Educational technology Development of exemplary textbooks/workbooks/teacher's guide/supplementary reading materials
- Production of teaching-learning materials
- Education of the girl child
- Identification and nurturing of talent
- Guidance and counselling
- Improvement in teacher education
- International relations
To accomplish its task, the NCERT follows the following self-imposed guidelines:
- To undertake, aid, promote and coordinate research in all branches of education.
- To organise pro-service and in-service training, mainly at an advanced level.
- To organise extension services for such institutions as are engaged in educational research, training of teachers or provision of extension services to schools.
- To develop and/or to disseminate improved educational techniques and practices in schools.
- To cooperate with, collaborate and assist the State Education Departments, universities and other educational institutions for the furtherance of its objects.
- To establish and conduct, in any part of the country, such institutions as may be necessary to realise its objectives.
- To act as a clearing-house for ideas and information on all matters relating to school education.
- To advise the State Governments and other educational organisations and institutions on matters relating to school education.
- To undertake the preparation and for the publication of such books, materials; periodicals and other literature as may be necessary for the furtherance of its objects.
- To acquire by gift, purchase, tease or otherwise any property, movable or immovable, which may be necessary or convenient for the purposes of the Council and to construct, alter and maintain any building or buildings for the purposes of the Council.
- To draw, make, accept, endorse, discount and negotiate the Government of India and other promissory notes, bills of exchange, cheques or other negotiable instruments.
- To invest the funds of the Council in such securities or in such manner as may from time to time be determined by the Executive Committee and from time to time, to sell or transfer such investments.
- To sell, transfer, lease or otherwise dispose of all or any property of the Council.
- To do all such things as the Council may consider necessary, incidental or conductive to its primary objects of promoting educational research, advance professional training of educational personnel, and the provision of extension services to educational institutions.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
National Council of University Research Administrators — NCURA, founded in 1959, is an organization of individuals with professional interests in the administration of sponsored programs (research, education and training), primarily at colleges and universities, with a common desire to: Promote the… … Wikipedia
National Council for Teacher Education — (NCTE) is an Indian government body set up under the National Council for Teacher Education Act, 1993 (#73, 1993) in 1995 is to formally overlook standards, procedures and processes in the Indian education system. Contents 1 History 2 … Wikipedia
National Council for Geographic Education — logo. The National Council for Geographic Education (NCGE) is a non profit organization whose mission is to enhance the status and quality of geography teaching and learning. The NCGE was chartered in 1915 as the National Council of Geography… … Wikipedia
National Council — may refer to: Contents 1 Conservation 2 Economics 3 Education 4 Politics 4.1 Legislative … Wikipedia
National College of Public Administration and Governance — at University of the Philippines Diliman Established 1952 Type College Dean Edna E.A. Co, D.P.A. Location Quezon City … Wikipedia
National Taiwan University of Science and Technology — 國立臺灣科技大學 Motto 精誠 (Chinese) Motto in English Precision in Work, Sincerity in Attitude … Wikipedia
National Yunlin University of Science and Technology — 國立雲林科技大學 Motto Sincerity, Honor, Perseverance, Originality Established 1991 Type National President Yeong Bin Yang … Wikipedia
NATIONAL COUNCIL OF JEWISH WOMEN (NCJW) — NATIONAL COUNCIL OF JEWISH WOMEN (NCJW), U.S. national organization, was founded by hannah greenebaum solomon in 1893, when she and other Jewish women from across the country gathered to participate in the World Parliament of Religions at the… … Encyclopedia of Judaism
National Council of Science Museums — Abbreviation NCSM Motto Science popularization Formation … Wikipedia
National Council of Schools and Programs of Professional Psychology — The National Council of Schools and Programs of Professional Psychology (NCSPP) Formation 1976 Headquarters National Council of Schools and Programs of Professional Psychology 919 W. Marshall Ave. Phoenix, Arizona 85013, United States Membership… … Wikipedia