- Buffy the Vampire Slayer filming locations
In the 1992 motion picture version of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" starring
Kristy Swanson, Marshall High School at 400 Tracy Street in Los Angeles provided locations for Hemery High School.
After the events of that movie,
Buffy Summerswas expelled from Hemery and moved to Sunnydale, where she attended Sunnydale High School, whose exterior scenes were shot at Torrance High Schoolat 2200 W. Carson Street in Torrance, California.
During the fourth season of the show, Buffy and her friends
Willow Rosenbergand Daniel "Oz" Osbourneattended the fictional University of California at Sunnydale. Exterior shots used in the series were filmed at the actual University of California at Los Angeles(UCLA) campus in Westwood, at California State University, Northridge, and at the CF Braun Business Park at 1000 S. Fremont Street, Alhambra. In later seasons, the Cal State Northridge exteriors were used for the new Sunnydale High School where Buffy's younger sister Dawn was a student, rebuilt after the original high school was blown up.
The house used for exterior shots of Buffy’s fictional Revello Drive residence is a real house in
Torrance, California, three blocks north of Torrance High School.
The mansion occupied by vampires Angel, Drusilla and Spike at the end of the second season (and by Angel in the third) is the
Ennis House, designed by the celebrated architect Frank Lloyd Wright. It stands on a hilltop at 2607 Glendower Avenue in Griffith Park.
A makeshift cemetery was set up in the parking lot of the show’s studios in Santa Monica, and many cemetery scenes were filmed at the Angelus-Rosedale Cemetery at 1831 W. Washington Boulevard, to the south of Los Angeles’ Koreatown.
Other "Buffy" locations include:
Walt Disney’s Golden Oak Ranch.
* The Rose Garden at Exposition Park (“Inca Mummy Girl”).
Santa Ana Zoo(“The Pack”, “Shadow”).
Vasquez Rocks Natural Area Parkat 10700 W. Escondido Canyon Road in Agua Dulce, California.
* Stoner Recreation Center at the intersection of Stoner Avenue and Missouri Avenue in West Los Angeles (“Shadow”, “I Was Made to Love You”, “All the Way”, “Gone”, and “Grave”).
* The Los Angeles County Arboretum and Botanical Gardens at 301 N. Baldwin Avenue in Arcadia (“Grave”).
* Angel’s Gate Recreation Center at Gaffey and 37th Street in San Pedro (“Grave”).
* Kenneth Hahn State Recreation Area at 4100 South La Cienega Boulevard in Los Angeles (where Tara sings
Under Your Spellin “Once More, with Feeling”).
* Woodley Avenue Park between Victory Boulevard and Burbank Boulevard in
Van Nuys(“Two to Go”).
* The Church of the Angels at 1100 Avenue 64 in Pasadena (“Who Are You?”).
* Lockheed Martin’s
Skunk Works, a facility about an hour’s drive northeast of Los Angeles at which stealth fighters were built (the Initiative in Season Four).
* The Castle Green Apartments at 99 S. Raymond Avenue in Pasadena (exterior of Glory’s apartment in Season Five).
* The Four-Acres Desert Film Location near 145th Street and Avenue Q, east of Palmdale (“Spiral”, “Villains”).
* [http://www.paramounticeland.com/ Paramount Iceland] at 8041 Jackson Street, Paramount (the ice rink in “What’s My Line, Part One”).
Third Street Promenadein Santa Monica (“Entropy”).
Six Flags Magic Mountain(“Seeing Red”) (it's next to the "Déjà Vu" ride, southwest corner of park).
* The San Pedro docks (Sunnydale’s waterfront in “Surprise”).
Sherman Oaks Galleria(the shopping mall in “Bad Eggs”).
* Robinson's Department Store at 7th and S. Grand in Los Angeles (the “shopping mall” in “Innocence”).
Natural History Museum of Los Angeles Countyat 900 Exposition Boulevard (“Inca Mummy Girl”).
Linda Vista Hospitalat 610 S. St. Louis Street, Los Angeles.
* The "Factory" ("
When She Was Bad" through "Passion" and " Lovers Walk") is at Willow St. & S. Santa Fe Ave., Los Angeles.
* Sunnydale Airport is at 2627 Hollywood Way, Burbank. Where the Scoobies said goodbye to Giles (it's on the left side).
* The Sunnydale Backlot is at 1800 Stewart St., Santa Monica.
* Sunnydale City Hall is at 18411 Crenshaw Blvd., Torrance.
* Mr Kaltenbach's house ("
All the Way") is at 4th Ave. & W. 15th St., Los Angeles.
* Amy Madigan's house ("Witch") was at Post Ave. & W. Carson St., Torrance.
* In "The Freshman", Buffy & Eddie got lost on campus and accidently bumped into each other in front of Macgowan Hall, U.C.L.A.
* The bus stop location used in ("
Inca Mummy Girl") was at Torrance H.S., the rear parking lot on Plaza del Amo (the building is next to the exit).
* In "The Pack", the house where Buffy jumped on the van to protect the family inside was on Watson Ave. (across from the large stairway, left of school front).
* In "Angel", Buffy was attacked by The Three at Cravens & Gramercy Ave., Torrance.
* The miniature golf scenes in "Ted" were shot at the Sherman Oaks Castle Park at 4989 Sepulveda Blvd. (courses 6 & 2).
* Buffy was hit by a pickup truck ("Anne") at 11th & Broadway, Los Angeles.
* Buffy and Angel watched the snow ("Amends") at Angel's Gate Park (3601 Gaffey St., San Pedro).
* In "
The Zeppo", zombie Parker is beheaded by a mailbox on Watson Ave. (across from the Assembly Hall).
* In "The Freshman", Oz, Willow and Buffy meet to the lower/right side of Powell Library (near the bulletin board). In the same episode, Buffy is seen exiting the far right door of Royce Hall.
* Riley played basketball ("Out of My Mind") at Stewart Street Park.
* The train in "Crush" is at The Fillmore Western Railway, 351 Santa Clara St., Fillmore.
* In "Once More, with Feeling", the "Walk through the Fire" scene is at Clyde Ave. & Fallsgrove St., Los Angeles.
* The museum robbed by the Trio ("
Smashed") is the Natural History Museum, Los Angeles (southeast corner).
* Buffy is invisible ("Gone") at Cravens & Marcelina Ave., Torrance.
Doublemeat Palacewas shot at Sepulveda & Palms Blvd., Los Angeles.
* Tara's grave ("Help") is at the Anthony Bellenson Park (the northwest section).
* One of the locations in "Him" is at Santa Clara & Mountain View St., Fillmore.
* The Rye Canyon Loop at the intersection of Kelly Johnson Parkway, Santa Clarita, is seen several times in seasons 4-5: "
Goodbye Iowa", " This Year's Girl", " New Moon Rising", " Primeval", " Into the Woods" and "Spiral".
Griffith Parkcarousel in Los Angeles (visited by Riley and Dawn in “Shadow”).
* Buffy finds the Dagon Sphere (“No Place Like Home”) at the parking lot at the corner of Palmetto Street and S. Santa Fe Avenue in Los Angeles. The Buffybot is destroyed (“Bargaining, Part Two”) in the same place. Buffy first meets Glory (“No Place Like Home”) in the adjacent Willow Street warehouse.
* Palmetto Street between S. Santa Fe Avenue and Mateo Street in Los Angeles (street scenes with Buffy and the Hellions and with Spike and Dawn on the motorcycle in “Bargaining, Part Two”, Willow and Dawn’s monster encounter in “Wrecked”, and Dawn and Clem searching for Willow in “Two to Go”).
* Antelope Valley at the northwest corner of Piute Butte (34°39'44" N, 117°51'25" W), near 151st Street East and East Avenue L (Buffy’s dream encounter with the Primitive/First Slayer in “Restless”, her vision quest in “Intervention”, and her encounter with the Shadow Men in “Get It Done”).
* [http://imdb.com/title/tt0118276/locations IMDb list of locations]
*http://www.seeing-stars.com/Locations/TVlocations7.shtml lists many "Buffy" locations throughout Los Angeles and elsewhere.
*http://www.triviaguide.net/tag/locations/ lists many other "Buffy" locations.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (TV series) — Infobox Television show name = Buffy the Vampire Slayer caption = format = Supernatural, Fantasy, Horror, Action, Comedy drama runtime = approx. 42 min. rating = TV 14 creator = Joss Whedon starring = Sarah Michelle Gellar Nicholas Brendon Alyson … Wikipedia
Once More, with Feeling (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) — Once More, with Feeling Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode Once More, with Feeling intertitle … Wikipedia
The Avengers (2012 film) — The Avengers Teaser poster Directed by Joss Whedon Produced by Kevin … Wikipedia
The X-Files — This article is about the TV show. For other uses, see The X Files (disambiguation). The X Files Title screenshot Genre Drama, science fiction, horror, mystery, thriller … Wikipedia
The Man from U.N.C.L.E. — THRUSH redirects here. For other uses, see Thrush (disambiguation). The Man from U.N.C.L.E. Genre Spy fi Format … Wikipedia
Night of the Living Dead — For other uses, see Night of the Living Dead (disambiguation). Night of the Living Dead … Wikipedia
Degrassi: The Next Generation — Degrassi Degrassi logo, used from season 10 present Also known as Degrassi: The Next Generation (original title, until season 10) Genre Teen drama … Wikipedia
Hill Valley (Back to the Future) — Hill Valley is a fictional California town that serves as the setting of the Back to the Future trilogy and its . In the trilogy, Hill Valley is seen in four different time periods (1885, 1955, 1985 and 2015) as well as in a dystopian alternate… … Wikipedia
Mother and Child Reunion (Degrassi: The Next Generation) — Mother and Child Reunion Degrassi: The Next Generation episode Episode no. Season 1 Episode 1 2 Directed by Bruce McDonald Teleplay by … Wikipedia
Primeverse — The Primeverse is the fictional universe in which the British television series, Primeval takes place. It has numerous self contained worlds that the characters explore over the course of the series. Many of these worlds are based on locations… … Wikipedia