name = Jmol
caption = Jmol is a Java molecular viewer for three-dimensional chemical structures.
developer = Jmol development team
released = ?
frequently_updated = yes
programming language = Java
operating system =
language = Catalan, Czech, Dutch, English, Estonian, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish, Turkish
license = LGPL
website = [http://www.jmol.org/ www.jmol.org] and [http://wiki.jmol.org/ wiki.jmol.org]
Jmol is a
moleculeviewer for use in chemistryand biochemistry. It is free and open source. It can be used as a teaching tool or in research. It is Java based and runs on Windows, Mac OS X, Linuxand Unixsystems. There is a standalone application and a development tool kit that can be integrated into other Java applications. The most notable feature is an applet that can be integrated into web pages to display molecules in a variety of ways. For example, molecules can be displayed as "ball and stick" models, "space filling models", etc. Jmol supports a wide range of molecular file formats, including Protein Data Bank (pdb), Crystallographic Information File(cif), MDL Molfile(mol), and Chemical Markup Language(CML).
The Jmol applet, among other capabilities, offers an alternative to the Chime plugin, which is no longer under active development. While Jmol has many features that are not available in Chime, it does not claim to reproduce all Chime functionality (most notably, Chime's Sculpt mode). Chime requires plug-in installation and
Internet Explorer6.0 or Mozilla Firefox2 on Microsoft Windows, or OS 9/ Netscape Communicator4.8 on the Macintosh. Jmol requires Java installation and operates on a wide variety of platforms. Jmol is fully functional in Mozilla Firefoxon Microsoft Windowsand Linux, and in Safari on Mac OS X.
Version 11.4 of Jmol was released in January 2008.__notoc__
* [http://www.jmol.org/ Jmol web site]
* [http://wiki.jmol.org/ Jmol Wiki]
* [http://firstglance.jmol.org FirstGlance in Jmol] , an easy web-based user-interface for seeing the major structural features of any
* [http://wiki.jmol.org/index.php/Websites_Using_Jmol Websites using Jmol]
* [http://wiki.jmol.org/index.php/Wikis_Using_Jmol Wikis using Jmol]
* [http://wiki.jmol.org/index.php/Moodles_Using_Jmol Moodles using Jmol]
* [http://molviz.org MolviZ.Org] : Jmol-based tutorials on DNA Structure, Hemoglobin, Lipid Bilayers and Channels, and more.
* [http://webpages.dcu.ie/~pratta/ Dublin City University CHIME and Jmol Pages]
* [http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/local/organic/pericyclic/ A lecture course on pericyclic reactions using Jmol]
* [http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/local/symmetry/ Molecular symmetry illustrated using Jmol]
* [http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/rzepa/bpr/ Berry and other modes of pseudorotation illustrated using Jmol]
* [http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/local/organic/mod/ Molecular modelling case studies illustrated using Jmol]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Jmol — es un visor de Java moleculares para estructuras químicas en 3D … Wikipedia Español
Jmol — Entwickler Jmol Development Team Aktuelle Version 12.01 (30. Juli 2010) Betriebssystem Plattformübergreifend Kategorie Molekulardesign Lizenz … Deutsch Wikipedia
Jmol — Molécule de Streptavidine … Wikipédia en Français
Jmol — Jmol … Википедия
Renewed JMOL — Renewed judgment as a matter of law (JMOL) is the partner of judgment as a matter of law in American federal courts. Renewed judgment as a matter of law has replaced judgment notwithstanding the verdict (JNOV) through Rule 50 of the Federal Rules … Wikipedia
Judgment as a matter of law — (JMOL) is a motion made by a party, during trial, claiming the opposing party has insufficient evidence to reasonably support its case. JMOL is similar to summary judgment, which is a motion made before trial. JMOL is also known as a directed… … Wikipedia
Molecular graphics — (MG) is the discipline and philosophy of studying molecules and their properties through graphical representation. IUPAC limits the definition to representations on a graphical display device . Ever since Dalton s atoms and Kekulé s benzene … Wikipedia
Protein Data Bank — The Protein Data Bank (PDB) is a repository for 3 D structural data of proteins and nucleic acids. These data, typically obtained by X ray crystallography or NMR spectroscopy and submitted by biologists and biochemists from around the world, are… … Wikipedia
MDL Chime — is a free plugin used by web browsers to display the three dimensional structures of molecules. It is part of the ISIS product line acquired by Symyx Technologies from scientific publisher Elsevier in October 2007. It is based on the RasMol code … Wikipedia
Judgment notwithstanding verdict — Civil procedure in the United States Federal Rules of Civil Procedure Doctrines of civil procedure Jurisdiction Subject matter jurisdiction Diversity jurisdiction Personal jurisdiction Removal jurisdiction Venue Change of venue … Wikipedia