- Seven Treasuries
The Seven Treasuries are a collection of seven works, some with auto-commentaries, by the Tibetan Buddhist teacher
Texts of the Seven Treasures
*Yizhin Dzö (yid bzhin mdzod), Treasury of Wish-fulfillment, and its prose commentary, the Pema Karpo (padma dkar po) or White Lotus
*Drubta Dzö (grub mtha' mdzod), Treasury of Philosophical Tenets, belonging to the genre of tenets literature.
*Mengag Dzö (man ngag mdzod) - Treasury of Secret Instructions, classified by Longchenpa as 'path with result' (lamdre (lam bras))
*Chöying Dzö (chos dbyings mdzod), Treasury of the Dharmadhatu, with its prose commentary the Lungi Terdzö (lung gi gter mdzod)
* Nelug Dzö (gnas lugs mdzod), Treasury of the Natural State, with its prose commentary the Desum Nyingpo (sde gsum snying po)
* Tegchö Dzö (theg mchog mdzod), Treasury of the Sublime Vehicle, a commentary on the Seventeen Tantras of the
Menngagdedivision of Atiyoga.
* Tsigdön Dzö (tshigs don mdzod), Treasury of Word and Meaning, a survey of the Dzogchen philosophy in a series of eleven topics.
Of the seven, the following have been translated into English:
*"The Precious Treasury of the Way of Abiding", (Treasury of the Natural State), translated by
Richard Barron, Padma Publishing
*"The Precious Treasury of the Basic Space of Phenomena", (Treasury of the Dharmadhatu), translated by Richard Barron, Padma Publishing, 2001
**"A Treasure Trove of Scriptural Transmission" (autocommentary on Precious Treasury of the Basic Space of Phenomena), translated by Richard Barron, Padma Publishing, 2001
*"The Precious Treasury of Philosophical Systems", translated by Richard Barron, Padma Publishing, 2007
*"The Precious Treasury of Pith Instructions" (Treasury of Secret Instructions), translated by Richard Barron, Padma Publishing, 2007
* Gangtok, Sikkim: Dodrup Chen Rinpoche, c. 1968. (The complete set of printing blocks for this edition are now held at the
National Library of Bhutanand re-printed from time to time on Bhutanese paper).
* Gangtok, Sikkim: Lama Dawa & Sherab Gyaltsen, 1983. Reprod. from prints from the Sde-dge blocks belonging to Lopon Sonam Sangpo.
* Gangtok, Sikkim, 1986. Reprint of Dodrup Chen Rinpoche ed.
* Lumbini : Lumbini Internat. Research Inst., 2000. The oldest block print of Klong-chen Rab-'byams-pa's Theg mchog mdzod : facsimile edition of early Tibetan block prints ; with an introduction / by Franz-Karl Ehrhard. (Vol. 2 of Early Buddhist Block Prints from Mang-yul Gung-thang.)
* [http://www.yoniversum.nl/dakini/dzoddun.html Yoniversum page on The Seven Treasuries]
* [http://www.dzogchenproject.com/Longchenpabibliography.html#seventreasuries|The Dzogchen Project] summary of the Seven Treasuries.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Nelug Dzö — Part of a series on Tibetan Buddhism … Wikipedia
Chagdud Tulku Rinpoche — April 2001 … Wikipedia
Nyingma — Tibetan name Tibetan: རྙིང་མ་ Wylie transliteration: rnying ma pronunciation in IPA: [ɲiŋma] … Wikipedia
Richard Barron — (Lama Chökyi Nyima) is a Canadian born translator who specializes in the writings of Longchenpa. He has served as an interpreter for many lamas from all from all four schools of Tibetan Buddhism, including his first teacher, Kalu Rinpoche. He… … Wikipedia
Reverberation of Sound — Part of a series on Tibetan Buddhism … Wikipedia
Economic Affairs — ▪ 2006 Introduction In 2005 rising U.S. deficits, tight monetary policies, and higher oil prices triggered by hurricane damage in the Gulf of Mexico were moderating influences on the world economy and on U.S. stock markets, but some other… … Universalium
china — /chuy neuh/, n. 1. a translucent ceramic material, biscuit fired at a high temperature, its glaze fired at a low temperature. 2. any porcelain ware. 3. plates, cups, saucers, etc., collectively. 4. figurines made of porcelain or ceramic material … Universalium
China — /chuy neuh/, n. 1. People s Republic of, a country in E Asia. 1,221,591,778; 3,691,502 sq. mi. (9,560,990 sq. km). Cap.: Beijing. 2. Republic of. Also called Nationalist China. a republic consisting mainly of the island of Taiwan off the SE coast … Universalium
TEMPLE — The article is arranged according to the following outline: first temple history structure the ground plan of the temple the detailed plan of the temple general description the porch THE MAIN ROOM (HEKHAL) OR HOLY PLACE … Encyclopedia of Judaism
Delphi — For other uses, see Delphi (disambiguation). Archaeological Site of Delphi * UNESCO World Heritage Site The theatr … Wikipedia