- Conservative Friends of Gibraltar
The central objective of C.F.G. is, as its Founding Declaration states:
To promote and defend the British Overseas Territory of Gibraltar within the Conservative Party, the United Kingdom, the Commonwealth, and beyond.
Related objectives of C.F.G. include:
- For Gibraltar to remain British in its entirety and in perpetuity.
- To oppose any negotiations or agreements about the future of Gibraltar that are contrary to the wishes of the Gibraltarian people.
- To expose the illegitimacy of Spain's claim to Gibraltar.
- To promote a settled constitutional status for Gibraltar.
- CFG shall work to promote these objectives first and foremost within the Conservative Party, seeking through reasoned argument and debate to have them made official Party policy. CFG shall also, though, work to promote these objectives to a wider audience wherever possible.
- President - The Nicholas Bethell, 4th Baron Bethell M.E.P.
- Deputy President - Sir Nicholas Winterton M.P.
- Vice President - Eleanor Laing M.P.
- Vice President - Bob Spink M.P.
- Vice President - Tim Loughton M.P.
- Vice President - Murdo Fraser M.S.P.
- Chairman - Andrew Rosindell M.P.
- Deputy Chairman - Tony Lodge
- Deputy Chairman - Daniel Kawczynski M.P.
- Deputy Chairman and Treasurer - Cllr. Adrian Lee
- Executive Secretary - Gregory Stafford
- Parliamentary Monitor - Charles Dewhirst
- Press and Publicity Officer - Mark Walters
- Assistant to the Chairman and Executive Secretary - Samuel Peacock
- Website Assistant - Daniel Hamilton
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Conservative Friends of Israel — Conservative Friends of Israel, abbreviated to CFI, is a British parliamentary group affiliated to the Conservative Party and dedicated to strengthening business, cultural and political ties between the United Kingdom and Israel. CFI is an… … Wikipedia
Conservative Friends of Turkey — (CFT) is a group associated with the British Conservative Party. Its fundamental objective is given as promoting links between Turkey and the Conservative Party at all levels, by working with local and national party organisations, business… … Wikipedia
Conservative Party (UK) — Conservative Party Conservative and Unionist Party Leader … Wikipedia
Conservative Future — Chairman Ben Howlett  … Wikipedia
Conservative Party (UK) leadership election, 2005 — Conservative Party (UK) leadership election 2003 ← 7 October 2005 (2005 10 07) 6 … Wikipedia
Conservative Party (UK) leadership election, 2001 — Conservative Party (UK) leadership election 1997 ← 8 June 2001 (2001 06 08) 13 … Wikipedia
Conservative Party (UK) leadership election, 2003 — Conservative Party (UK) leadership election 2001 ← 6 November 2003 (2003 11 06) … Wikipedia
Conservative Party (UK) leadership election, 1965 — Conservative Party (UK) leadership election 27 June 1965 (1965 06 27) 6 December 2005 … Wikipedia
Conservative Business Relations — was set up to provide a new structure for listening to business effectively, and to increase the British Conservative Party’s understanding of the policy concerns of British businesses. The Business Relations team organises a variety of… … Wikipedia
Conservative — The Conservative – Liberal Democrat Coalition Agreement (also called The Coalition: Our Programme For Government) was a policy document drawn up following the 2010 general election in the United Kingdom. It formed the terms of reference governing … Wikipedia