- Bizz buzz
Bizz buzz (also known as fizz buzz, or simply buzz) is a group word game frequently encountered as a
car gameor a drinking game.
Players generally sit in a circle. The player designated to go first says the number "1", and each player thenceforth counts one number in turn. However, any number divisible by three is replaced by the word "bizz" and any divisible by five by the word "buzz". Numbers divisible by both become "bizz buzz". A player who hesitates or makes a mistake is either eliminated or must pay a forfeit, such as taking a drink.
A typical round of bizz buzz starts like this:
*1, 2, Bizz, 4, Buzz, Bizz, 7, 8, Bizz, Buzz, 11, Bizz, 13, 14, Bizz Buzz, 16, 17, Bizz, 19, Buzz, Bizz, 22, 23, Bizz, Buzz, 26, Bizz, 28, 29, Bizz Buzz, 31, 32, Bizz, 34, Buzz, Bizz, ...
* Different divisors such as 7 can be used in place of 3 and 5.
* Instead of replacing numbers that have 3 or 5 as a factor, the game can be played by replacing numbers containing the digit 3 or 5 with "bizz" or "buzz":
1, 2, Bizz, 4, Buzz, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, Bizz, 14, Buzz, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, Bizz, 24, Buzz, 26, 27, 28, 29, Bizz, Bizz, Bizz, Bizz Bizz, Bizz, Bizz Buzz, Bizz, Bizz, Bizz, Bizz, 40, 41, 42, Bizz, 44, Buzz, ...
* This variation can be combined with the original to form an even more challenging sequence:
1, 2, Bizz, 4, Buzz, Bizz, 7, 8, Bizz, Buzz, 11, Bizz, Bizz, 14, Bizz Buzz, 16, 17, Bizz, 19, Buzz, Bizz, 22, Bizz, Bizz, Buzz, 26, Bizz, 28, 29, Bizz Buzz, Bizz, Bizz, Bizz Bizz, Bizz, Bizz, Bizz, Bizz, Bizz, Bizz, Buzz, 41, Bizz, Bizz, 44, Bizz Buzz, ...: In these variations, sometimes only the actual digit is replaced, so 23 becomes "twenty-bizz" and 50 is "buzzty".
* Different words or gestures can replace "bizz" or "buzz".
* The game can be played in a mathematical base other than 10. For example, playing in base 5 would proceed as follows:
1, 2, Bizz, 4, Buzz, Bizz, 12, 13, Bizz, Buzz, 21, Bizz, 23, 24, Bizz Buzz, 31, 32, Bizz, 34, Buzz, Bizz, ...Note, this order also presents when counting in base 10 as everyone is usually too drunk to notice any mistake.
* A more challenging variation has the direction change on Bizz or Buzz, but not on Bizz-Buzz. For certain sequences, this makes the action bounce between 2 or 3 players and causes misplays when it breaks out. The 3/7 version of the game has a great sequence between 12 and 18, for example.
* Another variation requires the Bizz or the Buzz to not only accompany divisibility, but also must take into account those digits' occurrence in the number. For instance, using a 7 for Buzz, a 7 would be a Buzz-Buzz (divisible by 7 and a 7 occurred in the number), 14 a single Buzz, and 17 would also be a single Buzz. 77 would be a triple Buzz. When played in conjunction with a 3, 27 would be a Bizz-Buzz.
Fizz Buzz has been used as an interview screening device for computer programmers [ [http://tickletux.wordpress.com/2007/01/24/using-fizzbuzz-to-find-developers-who-grok-coding Using FizzBuzz to Find Developers who Grok Coding ] ] [ [http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/archives/000781.html Coding Horror: Why Can't Programmers.. Program?] ] . Creating a list of the first 100 Fizz Buzz numbers is a very small problem for any would-be computer programmer, so interviewers can easily sort out those with insufficient programming ability.
* [http://cocktails.about.com/od/partiesholidays/p/biz_buz_gm.htm About.com: Bizz Buzz- The Drinking Thinking Game]
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Buzz — A buzz can be a rapidly oscillating two tone noise caused by vibration or other source, such as that produced by bees or wasps. It can also refer to a generally excited hubbub, or background noise i.e. a crowd at a sports event can buzz. Buzz may … Wikipedia
bizz — ˈbiz dialect variant of buzz * * * bizz, ard, ie Sc. ff. of buzz, buzzard, busy … Useful english dictionary
Super Bizz — Logo français de la série Super Bizz. Titre original The Mighty B! Genre Série d animation, comédie Créateur(s) Amy Poehler … Wikipédia en Français
Counting-out game — A counting out game is a simple game intended to select a person to be it , often for the purpose of playing another game. These games usually require no materials, and are played with spoken words or hand gestures. Many such games involve one… … Wikipedia
Drinking game — Beer Pong is a common physical drinking game. Drinking games are games which involve the consumption of alcoholic beverages. These games vary widely in scope and complexity, although the purpose of most is to become intoxicated as quickly as… … Wikipedia
Elliot Mintz — (born February 16, 1945) is a press representative. His clients have included Bob Dylan and his family [http://www.expectingrain.com/dok/who/m/mintzelliot.html] , Don Johnson [http://community 2.webtv.net/cudarules/DJNewsTVSchedule/] , Christie… … Wikipedia
Jeff Daniel Phillips — is an American actor, best known for playing a caveman in a popular series of GEICO commercials. He played the part of Maurice in the short lived Cavemen sitcom on ABC. Other credits to him are Hide (2003), for which he was the director, producer … Wikipedia
Beer die — is a drinking game. Standard rules call for four players, a die, table, four cups, and beer. Unlike most beer based games, drinking and scoring are unrelated.OriginsThere is no consensus on where the sport originated as numerous colleges and… … Wikipedia
Bumble bee — For other uses, see Bumblebee (disambiguation) and Bombus (disambiguation). Bombus Bombus terrestris Scientific classification … Wikipedia
J. David Shapiro — Infobox Actor name = J. David Shapiro birthname = Jake David Shapiro birthdate = Birth date and age|1969|3|18 othername = JD Shapiro, J.D. Shapiro website = http://web.mac.com/jdshapiro goldenraspberryawards = awd|Worst… … Wikipedia