- Dresden Trumpeter
Dresden Trumpeter Conservation Status Common Country of origin Germany Classification US Breed Group Fancy Traits Notes A pigeon bred for both voice and exhibition. Pigeon (Columba livia)
Only slightly sturdier than the Field Pigeon, low carriage, a rather long than short effect required. White wing shield. Double-crested.
- Head: Not quite so powerful as the double-crested Trumpeter. The shell crest should be broad and unbroken. The beak crest should be somewhat oval in shape, as unbroken as possible all round; the larger, forward part covering the beak wattles and requiring some foundation to avoid unsightly hanging.
- Eyes: Dark orange iris, somewhat lighter iris allowed in reds and yellows. Cere fine, flesh-coloured.
- Beak: Dark in blacks, flesh-coloured in reds and yellows; in reds a somewhat darker tinge is permitted.
- Neck: Short, fairly rounded, throat full, rounded.
- Breast: Broad as possible, full and pressed well forward.
- Back: Fairly broad at the shoulder, slightly sloping.
- Wings: Fairly broad, with long primaries reaching almost to the end of the tail.
- Tail: Long.
- Legs: Thighs well feathered. Feet thick and full-muffed. However, muff feathers should not be excessively long. Muffs must spread to the side rather than to the front.
Red and yellow, very occasionally black.
White wing shields. All other feathers coloured.
Thin or weak body, upright stance; too much of a blue tinge in the colouring, white feathers in the primaries, muffs, tail, thighs and head; distorted beak crest; narrow, distorted or incomplete shell crest; muffs which are too short or full of gaps. Order of Evaluation: Overall Impression - body size - carriage - markings - head adornment.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Trumpeter (pigeon) — The Trumpeter breeds of fancy pigeon are so named because of their unique vocalizations which sound vaguely like low laughter. Wendell Levi describes this trumpeting vocalization in his book The Pigeon .cite book |last=Levi |first=Wendell |title … Wikipedia
List of The Dresden Files groups — The Dresden Files is a series of fantasy/mystery novels written by Jim Butcher. As well as several organizations, the Dresden Files universe contains a number of miscellaneous groups. Contents 1 Black Council 2 Knights of the Cross … Wikipedia
List of pigeon breeds — This is an alphabetical list of pigeon breeds. Pigeons and doves are members of the bird family Columbidae. Doves tend to be smaller birds and pigeons larger ones, although this distinction is not consistently applied. The birds listed here are… … Wikipedia
performing arts — arts or skills that require public performance, as acting, singing, or dancing. [1945 50] * * * ▪ 2009 Introduction Music Classical. The last vestiges of the Cold War seemed to thaw for a moment on Feb. 26, 2008, when the unfamiliar strains … Universalium
List of compositions by Gustav Mahler — Gustav Mahler in 1891, at the time when he was writing his Second Symphony The musical compositions of Gustav Mahler (1860–1911) are almost exclusively in the genres of song and sym … Wikipedia
Oskar Böhme — (February 24, 1870 – 1938?) was a German composer and trumpeter. Contents 1 Life 2 Music 3 References 4 External links … Wikipedia
Johann Nepomuk Mälzel — Metronom von Johann Nepomuk Mälzel, Paris 1815 Johann Nepomuk Mälzel (* 15. August 1772 in Regensburg; † 21. Juli 1838 im Hafen von La Guaira, Venezuela) war Erfinder und Mechaniker, sowie Konstrukteur mechanischer Musikinstrumente … Deutsch Wikipedia
Minna Planer — (1835) by Alexander von Otterstedt Born Christine Wilhelmine Planer 5 September 1809(1809 09 05) Died 25 … Wikipedia
Dixieland — This article is about the musical genre. For the area of the United States colloquially referred to as Dixieland , see Southern United States and Dixie. For the unincorporated community in Imperial County, California, see Dixieland, California… … Wikipedia
Freital — Panorama … Wikipedia